Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Edmunds

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Nelson

Votes: 52 56.5%

• Total voters

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I probably go Nelson based on Pace showing he is all about getting Trubisky help. I'd put Ward 2nd then I really wouldn't be mad at Roquan Smith or Edmonds. Edmonds is a physical freak, but Smith is a tackling machine. Him and Trevathan in the middle would be a very solid combo.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would be fine with either at #8, but give Vic a kid with Edmounds skill set and look out.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the Packers signing Wilkerson and the Vikings getting Richardson, it would be hard to pass on Nelson.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I’d be surprised if Nelson fell past 6 to the Colts. Their line is garbage and they didn’t really do anything to fix it really. Sending Luck back out there would be risky.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I voted Nelson. But ask yourself this......if you pass on Edmunds (and Roquan Smith) at 8, where are you going to get another ILB with that type of skillset? There's no other 6'5", 250lb LBs in this draft. Even if you throw in Smith as a possibility, there's not a more instinctual LB with that type of speed and production in this draft.

While Nelson is easily the best guard in a long time, you have Hernandez who has a similar skillset and other interior OL (Daniels, Wynn, Price) who would be good fits in the Bears offense with their athleticism. All could be there in the 2nd.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted Nelson. But ask yourself this......if you pass on Edmunds (and Roquan Smith) at 8, where are you going to get another ILB with that type of skillset? There's no other 6'5", 250lb LBs in this draft. Even if you throw in Smith as a possibility, there's not a more instinctual LB with that type of speed and production in this draft.

While Nelson is easily the best guard in a long time, you have Hernandez who has a similar skillset and other interior OL (Daniels, Wynn, Price) who would be good fits in the Bears offense with their athleticism. All could be there in the 2nd.

This is true.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I choose none of the above...

I'd go Vita Vea, Smith, or Davenport.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:

Leighton Vander Esch is another 6’5 250lb ILB that ran 4.65
Lorenzo Carter 6’5 250lb OLB ran 4.46

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Vea would be awesome for us but we already have Goldman at that position so its not a big need.

You need at least 2 big guys to rotate and keep them fresh. And Vea could easily move to DE in certain sets as well. Keeps our DL stout against the run and pass, and keeps any OL off our LBs, freeing them to make plays. And I think we could still get a solid pass rusher in the 2nd.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I agree with the last half of this. Of course guard is important and we want to protect trubisky but you can get OG in the 2nd round or later. Take the best talent in the 1st, and that looks to be Edmunds.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Those of you clamoring for Q Nelson apparently have had 3 years of incompetence in following Ryan Pace. 6’3” 4.3 WR with Julio comparisons, 6’6” 40” vert edge rusher. But yeah, he’s totally going Left Guard!!!

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The number one priority of this draft should be to get disruption from the front seven. I don't care how get it - DE, OLB, ILB, ect. If we can create more disruption from the front 7, the rest will fall into place on D.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
I think I'll be pretty happy with whoever they end up getting whether they stay at 8 and get Edmunds/Nelson or trade down and get somebody else. Thing is I trust Pace that much that I believe he'll make a good sound choice.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

If Edmunds was all he's cracked up to be on CCS why isn't he high on everyone's big boards like Fitzpatick, Barkley and Nelson (or Smith) are?

I'm not against him, it seems like a realistic player at #8. He just doesn't seem like the super star I hope for at #8 with a little luck, or if he does end up a super star it will take a lot of luck. He's got the physical ability to be a star now, so why isn't he?

I doubt if Nelson drops to 8, but if he does you get the one who drops rather than reach for another.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I go Nelson as he's as close to a sure fire thing as I can imagine and he can contribute at a high level right away. If Fangio signs off on the other two I'd be fine with them although I think there's a chance Fitzpatrick falls to 8 and no way I pass him up.

I think Fitz falls to 8, but I’m not sure the Bears will pick him given that they just shelled out a lot of cash for CBs already. That said, Prince has a big injury history so Fitz could make sense. He could get some time as the slot CB in the meantime.

Nelson fits a need as well. It’s a really hard call.

Leddy

Liked Posts:
Those of you clamoring for Q Nelson apparently have had 3 years of incompetence in following Ryan Pace. 6’3” 4.3 WR with Julio comparisons, 6’6” 40” vert edge rusher. But yeah, he’s totally going Left Guard!!!

You do realize Nelson’s measurables classify him as an elite prospect, right? You do realize he fills a position of need, right? You do realize he has been compared to HALL OF FAME players, right? Failing to acknowledge this makes you incompetent, sir. He fits the pace mold to a T.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At 19 the kid's potential and present Floor is incredible. You gotta go with Edmunds.... Fuck he ran 4.54
Has longer arms than Davenport and out ran him by 4/100s but still its at least a stride

4/100ths is a shoe or the difference in a lean. Pro sprinters vary each run by more than that. WTF are you talking about? Nothing wrong with preferring Edmunds but don't be silly.

I have no problem with Edmunds if the staff do their homework and decide he's the right guy but I don't get all these can't miss projections by posters. Have you followed drafts where guys take underwear olympic champions over better football players. Doesn't always work out. Yes, he'll be a good player but he may never live up to that draft spot. Can't miss stars are already playing at a that level in college. He played well but I wouldn't say he played special. He's about potential and there's a lot but potential is very different than can't miss.

Reactions: Myk