Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Edmunds

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Nelson

Votes: 52 56.5%

• Total voters

Leddy

Liked Posts:
Can we get a little more creative with these hypothetical poll threads? In this situation, it is OBVIOUS that Nelson would be the choice. Not only is he the best available by far, but he also fills a position of need. A more intriguing hypothetical would be debating what to do if Chubb, Fitz, Saquon and Nelson are gone at #8. I like Edmunds, but you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think he’d be a bit of a gamble. With the track the team is on now, missing with this pick could prove to be detrimental, so I’m staying away from him. As a die hard buckeye fan, I love me some Denzel Ward. However, I don’t see him as a “true fit” to Fangio’s system, and he’d surely be relegated to nickel duty. With Prince and Fuller locked up, this would be overkill IMO. So to answer your question, you take Nelson no doubt. If the top four non QB prospects are gone, I’d like to see Pace trade down.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Can we get a little more creative with these hypothetical poll threads? In this situation, it is OBVIOUS that Nelson would be the choice. Not only is he the best available by far, but he also fills a position of need. A more intriguing hypothetical would be debating what to do if Chubb, Fitz, Saquon and Nelson are gone at #8. I like Edmunds, but you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think he’d be a bit of a gamble. With the track the team is on now, missing with this pick could prove to be detrimental, so I’m staying away from him. As a die hard buckeye fan, I love me some Denzel Ward. However, I don’t see him as a “true fit” to Fangio’s system, and he’d surely be relegated to nickel duty. With Prince and Fuller locked up, this would be overkill IMO. So to answer your question, you take Nelson no doubt. If the top four non QB prospects are gone, I’d like to see Pace trade down.

I'd like an if Chubb, Fitz, Saquon and Nelson are there at 8 hypothetical. (I'd rate them Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick right now.)
I agree after that I think I'd prefer a trade down. Before they're gone I'd like a trade up to be sure to get one.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The real question is which player will have the greatest impact on the team. Joe Thomas was a great offensive lineman, but never helped the Browns into the playoffs.

So would a great OG have a greater or lesser impact than an outstanding LB? If Edmunds turns out to be as good as some think, my take is that he would have a much greater impact. Sure, it's a gamble, but sometimes you have to take the risk.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Would you rather have Urlacher or Hutchinson?

That, IMO, is a similar comparison to Edmunds vs Nelson.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would you rather have Urlacher or Hutchinson?

That, IMO, is a similar comparison to Edmunds vs Nelson.

Yes, but one is more of a sure thing than the other. Not that there ever is a 100% sure thing in the draft.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I know this will sound blasphemous but Edmunds could be a better version of Urlacher. If hes there at #8 you absolutely have to take him. The guy can play an edge rusher but can also play the middle and wreck shop in pass defense. If hes there id be salivating for the Bears to take him. This kid is absolutely special and a freak physical talent. 6`5 255 and can still fill out another 10lbs easily. 4.5 speed is just too much to pass up on. You can go Oline in the 2nd. Take him PLEASE!!!

greg23

Liked Posts:
At 8, if you can still draft the #1 or #2 player in the draft you do it.

Quentin Nelson

Isn't this all about making trubisky successful?

Have you seen out interior oline depth chart; including an always injured long? Take the best lineman and don't think twice about it

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, but one is more of a sure thing than the other. Not that there ever is a 100% sure thing in the draft.

That was the comparison I made earlier. One is a possibility while the other is a probability. That is at least how I see it.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4/100ths is a shoe or the difference in a lean. Pro sprinters vary each run by more than that. WTF are you talking about? Nothing wrong with preferring Edmunds but don't be silly.

I have no problem with Edmunds if the staff do their homework and decide he's the right guy but I don't get all these can't miss projections by posters. Have you followed drafts where guys take underwear olympic champions over better football players. Doesn't always work out. Yes, he'll be a good player but he may never live up to that draft spot. Can't miss stars are already playing at a that level in college. He played well but I wouldn't say he played special. He's about potential and there's a lot but potential is very different than can't miss.

I never said Edmunds was a No-Miss pick. I think that player doesn't exist. It's always a crapshoot.

As far as my saying a stride. You are correct because at 23mph, 0.04 sec is only a difference of a little over 16 inches. So big deal, I was a little hyperbolic.

I would take that 19 y o over that can't Miss " All Pro "guard everyday.... especially if Hiestand tells Sir Ryan that we can get a couple others he has seen in later rounds that he can develop

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The real question is which player will have the greatest impact on the team. Joe Thomas was a great offensive lineman, but never helped the Browns into the playoffs.

So would a great OG have a greater or lesser impact than an outstanding LB? If Edmunds turns out to be as good as some think, my take is that he would have a much greater impact. Sure, it's a gamble, but sometimes you have to take the risk.

Keyword, BROWNS.
What young potential great QB's career was he protecting? Charlie Frye? Derek Anderson? Brady Quinn? Talk about cherry picking to make your point.

Which player will have the greatest impact on the Bears? Mitch Trubisky.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
At 8, if you can still draft the #1 or #2 player in the draft you do it.

Quentin Nelson

Isn't this all about making trubisky successful?

Have you seen out interior oline depth chart; including an always injured long? Take the best lineman and don't think twice about it

Funny how when it's defense that's expected to be the BPA everyone wants BPA. When offense is the BPA those same people want defense claiming impact.

Hit Man

Liked Posts:
I've done these mock drafts over and over just to see what the possible outcomes are and 90% of the time there's Ward and Nelson available at our pick. Either one I'd be stoked with but who knows. If both aren't available when we pick I'd hope for a trade down. The QB picture is looking to help us out ATM and I hope it continues. It will be a fun draft because I don't really think we can lose at this point. Every option is appealing.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nelson would be EXTREMELY alluring for what he could bring to this offense, but isn't this a deep guard draft? If Hiestand is worth his check my hope is that he can develop one of these guards between the 2nd-4th round.

The Prince signing buys them some time on finding another stud corner opposite Fuller.

In my eyes it'll be harder for us to find someone with the skillset of Edmunds so he has to be the pick. Definitely seems like a Pace kind of player.

This is exactly the thought process of a losing Organization.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
From least "bust potential" aspect, this is how I would rank guys that will or could be available at #8:

tier 1 (can't miss) - OG Nelson, RB Barkley, OLB/DE Chubb
tier 2 (low chance to fail) - SS D.James, CB/FS Fitzpatrick, ILB R.Smith
tier 3 (high risk) - CB Ward, ILB Edmunds, OLB Davenport

ANIMUS

Liked Posts:
If you’re sitting at 8, and your choices are between a sure thing and a crapshoot, you go with the sure thing. Especially if you’re a team trying to get to the postseason for the first time in 8 seasons. Nelson is projected to be an all-pro guard. It is a position of need and he will immediately help put Trubisky, Howard, and Cohen in a position to succeed.

Yes, Edmunds is a physical monster. But he’s a developmental prospect. Leonard Floyd was projected to be a physical specimen too. All he needed to do was gain a little weight and people said he’d be tearing up the league. And yet after 2 seasons, he’s still got some work to do.

So if I were them, and I was doing everything I could to rebuild this offense and put trubisky in a position to win games, then I’m drafting one of the last few pieces of the puzzle that the offense needs first, especially if he’s projected to be pro bowl caliber. If he’s not there, then of course I would take Edmunds and get OLinemen in the later rounds.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Have to add:

Nelson + 2nd Round Edge Talent

Or

Edmunds + 2nd Round Guard/C Talent

Still a tough one but more likely a very good Day 1 starter will be available on the interior line positions in round 2.

Liked Posts:
You take Tremaine Edmunds.

I love Nelson but you can get the 3rd or 4th best guard in the 2nd or 3rd round. You can probably land the 2nd-4th best center in round 3 too.

TAKE THE FREAK! Vic deserves it!

Liked Posts:
Have to add:

Nelson + 2nd Round Edge Talent

Or

Edmunds + 2nd Round Guard/C Talent

Still a tough one but more likely a very good Day 1 starter will be available on the interior line positions in round 2.

This exactly. You can find guards/centers later in the draft. Plus we have a great oline coach that should be able to coach a kid up.

Now if the Bears think they can play Nelson at tackle....that might be a different story.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never said Edmunds was a No-Miss pick. I think that player doesn't exist. It's always a crapshoot.

As far as my saying a stride. You are correct because at 23mph, 0.04 sec is only a difference of a little over 16 inches. So big deal, I was a little hyperbolic.

I would take that 19 y o over that can't Miss " All Pro "guard everyday.... especially if Hiestand tells Sir Ryan that we can get a couple others he has seen in later rounds that he can develop
The can't miss part wasn't meant to be directed at you.:beer: I'm also not big on a G at 8 but to be honest, none of these 3 are bad picks.:snoop: