Votes: 7 7.6%
  • Edmunds

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Nelson

Votes: 52 56.5%

• Total voters

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I think at least 3 QB's go and both Chubb and Barkley are gone before #8. There is a good chance that minkah fitzpatrick finds his way into the top 7, and there is also a chance that possibly 4 QB's get drafted before the Bears pick at 8.

A realistic possibility will come down to one of either Denzel Ward, Trumaine Edmunds, or Nelson. If you are Pace who do you take? For me Nelson has to be out of the equation. You don't take a guard at 8, even though I think he will be a great player.

I have been high on Denzel Ward but I am starting to think that it would be hard pass on Edmunds. He has the flexibility to play ILB or OLB. He will find his way on to the field in any of the packages the Bears will be running, and he could potentially develop into one of the best players of the entire draft. I also really love the idea of getting Ward and letting him develop at nickel over the next year or two, and when he is ready he can play as either CB1 or CB2 and be an excellent compliment to play across from Kyle Fuller.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
D.Ward!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At 19 the kid's potential and present Floor is incredible. You gotta go with Edmunds.... Fuck he ran 4.54
Has longer arms than Davenport and out ran him by 4/100s but still its at least a stride

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
ward seems too "handsy" downfield so that has me worried. I would take Edmunds but Nelson would be hard to pass up.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Nelson would be EXTREMELY alluring for what he could bring to this offense, but isn't this a deep guard draft? If Hiestand is worth his check my hope is that he can develop one of these guards between the 2nd-4th round.

The Prince signing buys them some time on finding another stud corner opposite Fuller.

In my eyes it'll be harder for us to find someone with the skillset of Edmunds so he has to be the pick. Definitely seems like a Pace kind of player.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If the Bears progress this season like some think they will, this may be their last chance in years to add a star who could dominate a game. You have to pull the trigger on the 19 yo phenom.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if Edmunds becomes a PRO-Bowler everyone will be calling Ryan

Sir Ryan Pace

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All About Trubisky. If we have a chance of getting a pro-bowl or HOF oline for Trubisky's career do it. The rest can wait.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Edmunds all day every day.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we gotta let Hiestand ( Spellcheck ?? ) earn his pay check and let the BEARs dominate with their version of their own up tempo spread offense.

We might just need above average or lesser Oline with speed and deception and Scheme.

We gotta go all in on Edmunds and D this draft. DO YOUR Thing Fangio

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everything I've seen or read projects Nelson not only to excel but be a regular visitor to the pro bowl. Edmunds skill set while astounding, would still be a work in progress. The Bears have had something less than extraordinary success over the years in the first round...Pace can't blow this one. I hope they are both there at #8 but I think he'll take Nelson.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Hard choice between Edmunds and Nelson.
Properly protect your most value asset that needs to take a jump in development as well as help the run game. Vs
Potentially amazing impact game changer on D.
I’d take Edmunds, but gotta go interior OL in rd 2.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I go Nelson as he's as close to a sure fire thing as I can imagine and he can contribute at a high level right away. If Fangio signs off on the other two I'd be fine with them although I think there's a chance Fitzpatrick falls to 8 and no way I pass him up.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Nelson falls to 10 or lower, tbh.