Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ryan Pace is playing chess while all other GM's are playing checkers.
-He hired/agreed to let John Fox run the Bears for three years while establishing a great locker room culture and not exposing his true desired coach to being dragged down by the Jay Cutler era.
- He secured his choice of franchise Qb's and rid the team of divas and malcontents
-He structured contracts so that when the time was right he could strike creating ample cap space by shedding dead weight.
- With his stars finally aligned, he began the early strokes of his masterpiece. Hire the #1 HC candidate and his choice to mentor Mitch Trubisky. Retained a great DC. Hired an innovative OC.
- He went into free agency and got every single player he deemed worthy of wearing the Navy and Orange.
-He will now wait for the desperation to set in next week for those unsigned to fill the roster with one year steal deals.
-Once the draft rolls around SF, Oak, Mia, and Buff will be shuttering with fear at what Pace will do. He will have the choice of taking a player he desires or he will have them begging to give him picks to move up a slot as they choke on his thick asphyxiating smoke screen.

Suck it GatorMike, bow down to the God child.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
-He hired/agreed to let John Fox run the Bears for three years while establishing a great locker room culture and not exposing his true desired coach to being dragged down by the Jay Cutler era.
- He secured his choice of franchise Qb's and rid the team of divas and malcontents
-He structured contracts so that when the time was right he could strike creating ample cap space by shedding dead weight.
- With his stars finally aligned, he began the early strokes of his masterpiece. Hire the #1 HC candidate and his choice to mentor Mitch Trubisky. Retained a great DC. Hired an innovative OC.
- He went into free agency and got every single player he deemed worthy of wearing the Navy and Orange.
-He will now wait for the desperation to set in next week for those unsigned to fill the roster with one year steal deals.
-Once the draft rolls around SF, Oak, Mia, and Buff will be shuttering with fear at what Pace will do. He will have the choice of taking a player he desires or he will have them begging to give him picks to move up a slot as they choke on his thick asphyxiating smoke screen.

IdioticFlusteredDolphin-size_restricted.gif

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Congratulations on your 10,555th koolaid post.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I love Pace, I still think he fucked up with the guard-situation this off-season though. Obviously it's still early on (we haven't even drafted yet), but it seemed foolish to not pay Sitton, especially when our other Guard is going through three off-season surgeries.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I love Pace, I still think he fucked up with the guard-situation this off-season though. Obviously it's still early on (we haven't even drafted yet), but it seemed foolish to not pay Sitton, especially when our other Guard is going through three off-season surgeries.

Do you think he cut him without getting feedback and advice from his brand new coach and one of the best offensive line coaches in the game?

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Do you think he cut him without getting feedback and advice from his brand new coach and one of the best offensive line coaches in the game?

Agreed this is Harry's line now. When you surround yourself with top coaches they can help dictate which players or kind of players to go after. Pace set himself up well with surrounding coaching talent.

Everything still hinges on Trubisky. That hasn't changed. Trubisky gets no Cutler pass now, he's in a great offensive system with great coordinators and a ton of skill around him. These are not the Lovie Bears.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Slaussen?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Of course, and obviously they know better than I do, but that's the best argument for cutting Sitton that I've heard so far. The arguments against cutting him? He's a top five guard, he's not that old, and we have no one to replace him currently on the roster.

These arguments outweigh the "well let's just trust the coaches" argument for me.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course, and obviously they know better than I do, but that's the best argument for cutting Sitton that I've heard so far. The arguments against cutting him? He's a top five guard, he's not that old, and we have no one to replace him currently on the roster.

These arguments outweigh the "well let's just trust the coaches" argument for me.

You were much more animated after Slaussen was released.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

What a poor attempt at trolling GatorMike.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

What just happened???????

Washington

Liked Posts:
When it comes to setting the Pace for NFL GMs, one should be looking at Howie Roseman. He made a huge bold move in year 1 to trade up to secure his QB of the future. He found 9 starters in FA over 2 years. He made multiple trades to secure other resources including an in-season trade this last year to solidify his RB situation. He was smart enough to get a very good backup QB. He calmly plucked a winning PK off Cincy's practice squad who was money for them all year. He now has a SB ring to show for it. All this, in 2 seasons. That is setting the Pace. As for our Pace, I am praying we can hit .500 and not have a 4th 10 loss season in year 4. I think .500 is very do-able this year but it's been said that Nagy's O is far more complex than Pederson's O and takes 3-5 years to master.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When it comes to setting the Pace for NFL GMs, one should be looking at Howie Roseman. He made a huge bold move in year 1 to trade up to secure his QB of the future. He found 9 starters in FA over 2 years. He made multiple trades to secure other resources including an in-season trade this last year to solidify his RB situation. He was smart enough to get a very good backup QB. He calmly plucked a winning PK off Cincy's practice squad who was money for them all year. He now has a SB ring to show for it. All this, in 2 seasons. That is setting the Pace. As for our Pace, I am praying we can hit .500 and not have a 4th 10 loss season in year 4. I think .500 is very do-able this year but it's been said that Nagy's O is far more complex than Pederson's O and takes 3-5 years to master.

Did he have the same amount of roster to replace as Pace. Pace almost complete turn over. Apples to oranges innit?