Taylor Gabriel and Tarik Cohen to give Bears unmatched speed

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Taylor-Gabriel-and-Tarik-Cohen-to-give-Bears-unmatched-speed-116278760

Taylor Gabriel vs Malcolm Butler

malcom-butler-got-shook.gif

CarefulUnrealisticDog-size_restricted.gif

NNC5DNJ.gif

InfatuatedLightChamois-size_restricted.gif

Chicago Bears fans saw glimpses of Tarik Cohen's incredible speed last season. The talented running back showed off that speed carry the football out of the backfield, catching passes and as a return man on special teams. The Bears did not always use him properly in their offensive scheme in 2017, but the addition of an offensive-minded coach in Matt Nagy, who has experience with speedy players, will only stand to make Cohen an even more impactful player in 2018.

Not only will Nagy have the ability to move Cohen and his speed all around the field this upcoming season, he will also have an equally speedy, dynamic player at his disposal in the recently signed Taylor Gabriel. The electric wide receiver was a big-play machine for the Atlanta Falcons and only stands to get better in another system that has had a lot of success with players possessing the same skill set.

During his introductory press conference on Thursday Gabriel noted he has seen how Nagy used Tyreek Hill in Kansas City and that played a part in his decision to sign with the organization:

Rich Campbell

@Rich_Campbell
Gabriel on why he signed here: "Nagy's offense, just his creativity and things he did with the Chiefs." ...Cites how the Chiefs moved Tyreek Hill around the formation and utilized him.

Gabriel is not the only one who believes he can do similar things in Nagy's offense to what Hill has been able to do the last two seasons in Kansas City.

"When I was at the combine, coaches would always ask me who I would compare myself to in the league," Cohen said last month, per the Chicago Tribune, "and I would always tell them Tyreek Hill. I feel that I can do the same kinds of things he does in the Kansas City offense. And now since we have their coach now [in Nagy], I feel like I have to live up to that. And I definitely look forward to being the same kind of playmaker."

What will become interesting now is how Nagy plans on using both Gabriel and Cohen this season. Gabriel has a lot of experience lining up all over the field and made most of his big plays in Atlanta while playing on the outside. Cohen does not have a lot of experience lining up as an outside receiver but showed some nice things as a slot option in 2017. The duo can both be threats in the screen game, meaning it would not be a surprise to see Nagy put both out onto the field at the same time next season.

Gabriel was asked about Cohen at his press conference and said he's been nothing but impressed with what the talented back can do on the field:

Chicago Bears

@ChicagoBears
.@TGdadon1 on new teammate @TarikCohen: "I haven’t talked to him yet but I need to. I’ve seen him and he’s amazing."

WE. CAN'T. WAIT.

Chicago has lacked true playmakers on offense for quite some time and it is safe to assume the overall look and speed of the offense under Nagy has the potential to be special with guys like Gabriel and Cohen creating matchup nightmares for the opposition.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Man, watching this video, watching him run in for the TD, he looks a lot like Hester running there. And he runs the same 4.27 40. :eek:

NNC5DNJ.gif

With this guy and Cohen running around out there, and throw in ARob, Trey, and Howard alone..... Pace has put together a nice crew for Nagy to work with already. Now we need a stud at #8 ....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel is obviously great in space, but his speed doesn’t actually show up in his route running. Gabriel simply cannot get open on his own, even when running a go route with a 4.27 40. It was pretty discouraging, dude was easily blanketed on all of his deep routes. Gabriel is a player that has to be strictly schemed open, he cannot create separation on his own.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Man, watching this video, watching him run in for the TD, he looks a lot like Hester running there. And he runs the same 4.27 40. :eek:

NNC5DNJ.gif

With this guy and Cohen running around out there, and throw in ARob, Trey, and Howard alone..... Pace has put together a nice crew for Nagy to work with already. Now we need a stud at #8 ....

Maybe he can do what hester couldn't at wr. Really excited for next season. I expect an explosive offense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would really like to add DJ Chark in that mix and the offense would be dynamic.

Not sure aboot Chark, but I do think Pace will draft a WR. Gabriel is not a starting WR.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure aboot Chark, but I do think Pace will draft a WR. Gabriel is not a starting WR.

He's does a lot of things wrong but that doesn't mean he can't improve on his weakness.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who cares if Gabriel is a starting WR or not. He was brought in to fill the role of stretching the field vertically. He will do that.

See, that’s the problem. Gabriel can’t actually get open on his own when going deep, even with that blazing speed.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
See, that’s the problem. Gabriel can’t actually get open on his own when going deep, even with that blazing speed.

He seems to do well on his yards after catch I expect a lot of screens with him. If we can mimic the 6 touchdowns he had in 2016 with Kyle Shahahan I'll be happy.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Again, who cares. You're using his play on a different team as a basis for comparison. Why don't you take a look at how Nagy had the Chiefs' receivers gaining the most yards of separation out of the entire league then go back and compare that to the Falcons where Gabriel comes from. Maybe just maybe their offense wasn't as effective at scheming separation.

DTNyv0wUQAA7dbE.jpg:large

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems to do well on his yards after catch I expect a lot of screens with him. If we can mimic the 6 touchdowns he had in 2016 with Kyle Shahahan I'll be happy.

But everyone here thinks he will be a deep threat.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Willie Gualt is faster than these 2 clowns

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But everyone here thinks he will be a deep threat.

I literally said he will stretch the field vertically. That doesn't necessarily translate to being a deep threat. It simply means they can't crowd the line of scrimmage. You know, for being such an analytical mind during the season you do like to bullshit a lot.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I literally said he will stretch the field vertically. That doesn't necessarily translate to being a deep threat. It simply means they can't crowd the line of scrimmage. You know, for being such an analytical mind during the season you do like to bullshit a lot.

True dat.