Taylor Gabriel and Tarik Cohen to give Bears unmatched speed

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I'm excited about Gabriel. I think the bears finally have some players they can scheme with and create mismatches because of their personnel. Even when we had Bennett, Marshall and jeffrey, they all kind of did the same things. Beat you with size. They really didn't have good speed to stretch the field.

They can really throw a lot of different looks at defenses with both speed and size at both WR and RB. They also have some unique traits at TE. Point being, they have multiple ways to beat you now and even if an injury were to occcur, they have more than one guy that can fill that role.

The only concern I have is that they don't have another RB that can handle the load full time. I'd like to see them take one in the draft that can play all three downs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Taylor Gabriel might not see the field much if Kevin White gets transplanted with titanium bones.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Why stop there? Adamantium is clearly the superior choice.
Are we talking wolverine bones adamantium, or dwarven metallurgy adamantium? This is important only to the extent that I show how much of a dork I am.

In either event, I'm feeling vibranium.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are we talking wolverine bones adamantium, or dwarven metallurgy adamantium? This is important only to the extent that I show how much of a dork I am.

In either event, I'm feeling vibranium.

On the scale of one to dorkchop, you've got me beat. Never heard of dwarven metallurgy adamantium.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What about lithium? We need to keep Kevin White's speed and I'm worried a heavier metal will slow him down.

[video=youtube_share;EvOvVuQcRRI]https://youtu.be/EvOvVuQcRRI[/video]

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
On the scale of one to dorkchop, you've got me beat. Never heard of dwarven metallurgy adamantium.

And I'm okay with that. For your own benefit, just know that dwarves craft only the finest metals.

I had no idea what to call it, so I just threw out dwarven metallurgy. It's just some DnD shit from when I was a kid. Adamantine is super strong. If you remember the mithril armor from Lord of the Rings, it's better than that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not far behind you on the dorkchop scale xD

What about Valyrian steel? Take it to the realm of Game of Thrones.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Teams will have to watch out for Trubisky, Howard, Cohen, Robison, Gabriel, Buton, Shaheen, Meredith, in a Nagy offensive system. That seems better then last years Glennon, Bellamy, Sims duo. But only time will tell. Alright time up it's better.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He seems to do well on his yards after catch I expect a lot of screens with him. If we can mimic the 6 touchdowns he had in 2016 with Kyle Shahahan I'll be happy.

Thats the thing with somebody at 165 .... even if 6 % body fat. They get manhandled by CBs at the line of scrimmage and are already a second late trying to get free.... However, when we use him to stretch the field everything underneath and side to side now has the possibility to allow more separation for others. Him and/ or Cohen on screens are gonna be a thing of beauty this season !!!!!!! and either one or both used as a decoy is gonna be crazy hard to defend against.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thats the thing with somebody at 165 .... even if 6 % body fat. They get manhandled by CBs at the line of scrimmage and are already a second late trying to get free.... However, when we use him to stretch the field everything underneath and side to side now has the possibility to allow more separation for others. Him and/ or Cohen on screens are gonna be a thing of beauty this season !!!!!!! and either one or both used as a decoy is gonna be crazy hard to defend against.

Throw in Tarik Cohen and Trey Burton throwing touchdown passes to Trubisky and Superbowl.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel is obviously great in space, but his speed doesn’t actually show up in his route running. Gabriel simply cannot get open on his own, even when running a go route with a 4.27 40. It was pretty discouraging, dude was easily blanketed on all of his deep routes. Gabriel is a player that has to be strictly schemed open, he cannot create separation on his own.
Take a look at how Nagy schemed his players open in KC. Baldinger had a great breakdown on how Nagy's O does this.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
One of Nagy's favorite plays is four verticals that leaves huge open space underneath. What do you think that would do to a defense with either Cohen or Gabriel as that underneath receiver.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm not far behind you on the dorkchop scale xD

What about Valyrian steel? Take it to the realm of Game of Thrones.

I dunno, if it's sharp it'll cut right through his skin. Though if the Packers are the white walkers, then he'll destroy them!

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
But everyone here thinks he will be a deep threat.
A deep threat can even be a decoy. If he is running routes down field the defense will have to pay attention to him, meaning no stacking the box on downs one and two every time. We can also scheme him open with Cohen, Robinson, Burton, and Howard as a shotgun running threat.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Taylor Gabriel is obviously great in space, but his speed doesn’t actually show up in his route running. Gabriel simply cannot get open on his own, even when running a go route with a 4.27 40. It was pretty discouraging, dude was easily blanketed on all of his deep routes. Gabriel is a player that has to be strictly schemed open, he cannot create separation on his own.

Well, that is what KC did well, right, they scheme guys open?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Well, that is what KC did well, right, they scheme guys open?

Yes, which is why the importance of WRs who can play multiple spots was important, Gabriel played outside and inside.