Will kevin white be back?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I read your posts I think it has to be a bit because nobody could really be this dense. However, then I think of some of the fans that show up to Soldier Field in their 2 size too small Zubaz or the fat guys that strip off their shirts in frigid weather and think it’s possible and maybe even plausible.

giphy.0.gif

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was talking to a Viking fan this year at the Monday night game. He was seriously proud that he was frost bitten at the playoff game against the Seahawks.

From what, walking to their indoor stadium?

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Kevin White has to beat out Cam Meredith, hope someone goes on IR, or he's likely getting cut. I really can't see how White can stay as a #4 and the team not have a serious issue with special team depth.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I hope White plays well, but he has been snakebitten with injuries, and that means that he has not been able to get the experience required to play WR in the NFL. There are just too many factors going against him to think there is a realistic chance he will be even good.

1. Lack of game time snaps - WR is a position that requires development even with the best talent.
2. His confidence may be shaken - we saw it last year during camp and prior to his injury, he looked worried that he might get hurt again, and that is exactly what happened
3. He may simply not be built to take the beating of an NFL season. He broke his leg because he was working too hard? I have heard of ligaments and muscles being damaged by over use, but to break a bone seems very uncommon to me.

I give him about 60% chance of making the team, mainly because he is already going to get paid, but I only give him about 20% chance of being a productive part of the team, and about 5% chance of him making a sizable contribution AND staying healthy the entire season.

I'm still hoping for the 5%, and I give him all respect for fighting through the injuries to get back in shape for the upcoming season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Snaps come from actually playing. If he still looks to have his chops and enough speed, he makes the team. He's also the type of player that can be successful without being a rocket but that would also be something needing development. WRs usually show up in their 3rd year in terms of routes and feel for the pro game. Some sooner but that's more common than not.

He doesn't lack confidence and never has. Dude is still the good kind of WR cocky.

Shin splints developing into a stress fracture is a common runner's injury. It happens when you don't recognize that pushing through soreness is actually damaging you. The microfractures are common and will heal with rest. It's when you play through it the it that continues to become a stress fracture which are often difficult to heal. Football mentality. I had on on my heel bone and was aware of it for almost 2 years . Why he got the rod. That he's had other breaks is concern but it really is more likely bad luck because he didn't have any of it before getting here and he's always been a physical player. I don't think the $5m keeps him on the team. It gets him in the door but won't affect final cuts. He'll make it on merit and genuine potential.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Snaps come from actually playing. If he still looks to have his chops and enough speed, he makes the team. He's also the type of player that can be successful without being a rocket but that would also be something needing development. WRs usually show up in their 3rd year in terms of routes and feel for the pro game. Some sooner but that's more common than not.

He doesn't lack confidence and never has. Dude is still the good kind of WR cocky.

Shin splints developing into a stress fracture is a common runner's injury. It happens when you don't recognize that pushing through soreness is actually damaging you. The microfractures are common and will heal with rest. It's when you play through it the it that continues to become a stress fracture which are often difficult to heal. Football mentality. I had on on my heel bone and was aware of it for almost 2 years . Why he got the rod. That he's had other breaks is concern but it really is more likely bad luck because he didn't have any of it before getting here and he's always been a physical player. I don't think the $5m keeps him on the team. It gets him in the door but won't affect final cuts. He'll make it on merit and genuine potential.

Absolutely, $5M will not be the only reason to keep him on the team, he will need to show something. I hope he does, and maybe it just is bad luck thus far and we are in for a treat this year, but...........

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think all of Kevin White's injuries have just been freakish. He was pretty healthy playing in college. I think the injuries are over for him for a while and that means many many games playing injury-free. Let's hope that's the case.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Imagine best case scenario...white stays healthy and breaks out, now what do you do