dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
k. White was as fast as taylor gabriel and is ripped and 6 inches taller...if you're going to stick w/ him through all these injuries why would we cut him loose before the miracle hopefully happens so that some other team can reap the benefits of our patience.

fify

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Regardless, can K White still run a 4.35 combine 40????

good question....I haven't seen the explosion during play really but then how much play have we even seen?

I am hopeful for him...maybe we should draft his brother and get them to compete

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Hey look everyone it's the #1 Ryan Pace hater and shockingly doesn't have any hate talk about Pace....that's a first and very interesting.

I don't hate ryan pace. I am sure he is a good person. He is just a shitty gm.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
k. white is as fast as Taylor Gabriel and is ripped and 6 inches taller...if you're going to stick w/ him through all these injuries why would we cut him loose before the miracle hopefully happens so that some other team can reap the benefits of our patience.
You should watch some games. He looks very slow.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I wrote this in an old thread about White. I still think it applies.

Just did a little research and aside from his initial shin injury his 2 other injuries came on slants where he's getting hit hard by the big boys. His broken collar bone happened when a 300 lb DL fell on him. Based on this I think it is safe to rule out playing him in the slot. In my opinion you put him on the outside and have him run goes and post patterns and teach him a couple of sideline outs. The only time he goes across the middle is down the field not close to the line of scrimmage. If (I know-big word) he can master these things and stay healthy, then the Bears will have someone that can take to top off a defense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should watch some games. He looks very slow.

and when have you seen him with much more than a year or so after a repair? This will be the 1st year where he should have his wheels as close to 100% as they can be.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Small chance, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pace was able to trade White at the draft to a WR desperate team. Something like a conditional 2019 7th rounder that could turn into a 3rd or something. Nothing against White, but I think it would be in his best interest to get out of Chicago since it’s all been bad luck and injury. Team trading for him gets him on a one year deal without any further commitment.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think he will get another chance, but I don't hold a lot of hope he will become anything close to his value. Even when he was healthy he did not run good routes and often looked lost in the offense; a Dowell Loggains offense!!!

At this point if he becomes anything serviceable it's a plus for us.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm betting Nagy finds a place for him this season until he inevitably breaks something bone wise.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
and when have you seen him with much more than a year or so after a repair? This will be the 1st year where he should have his wheels as close to 100% as they can be.

Wasn't that last year. and the year before that. How did that turn out?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that last year. and the year before that. How did that turn out?

I am curious if there's a Vegas line on whether he can stay healthy....either way KC spreads the ball around other than TE so not sure what to expect w this group

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
He'll be back and I'd be really surprised if he gets cut or traded at any point this year. Remember this was Pace's first pick as a GM - probably a point of pride more than anything.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I wrote this in an old thread about White. I still think it applies.

Just did a little research and aside from his initial shin injury his 2 other injuries came on slants where he's getting hit hard by the big boys. His broken collar bone happened when a 300 lb DL fell on him. Based on this I think it is safe to rule out playing him in the slot. In my opinion you put him on the outside and have him run goes and post patterns and teach him a couple of sideline outs. The only time he goes across the middle is down the field not close to the line of scrimmage. If (I know-big word) he can master these things and stay healthy, then the Bears will have someone that can take to top off a defense.

That's the absolute best case scenario. The reports that he's running like a full back are not promising though.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
It's difficult, because White's injuries really come down to nothing but rotten luck. It's not a matter of him having degenerative tendons or ligaments that plague many an athlete before him. All three of his season ending injuries have been bone fractures, which is really unheard of. I don't think I can remember any NFL player having such dreadful luck in regards to health.

The silver lining from it though is that these kind of injuries are recoverable and don't hinder athletic ability, unlike ligament tears. It'll come down to White working his tail off and showing the ridiculous athleticism that made him such a desirable prospect.

It's also do or die for him. This year is his last shot. If he doesn't make it, his career is likely over.

If he can get on the field and stay, he has the insane combination of speed and size to kill. But being off the field for so long, one has to wonder if his receiving skills have deteriorated.

I'd say don't get your hopes up, but keep him in the back of your mind.