Monster of the Midway © Mock Draft

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free Agent Wish list

Bears sign Lamarr Houston OLB to 2 years 10 million/5 guaranteed

Houston brings leadership and experience to the Bears and he's cheap for the value he produces. I'd really like to see the Bears bring him back.

8-26lamarrhouston.jpg

Bears sign Jack Mewhort to 1 year 5 million

Jack Mewhort would be considered one of the top, young guards in the NFL if he could stay healthy.

MewhortStanding.jpg

Draft

1[8] Minkah Fitzpatrick DB [Alabama] 6'1 201lbs

Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye move aside Kyle Fuller and Minkah Fitzpatrick make the new top duo in the NFL.

"He's not quite on the same level of Jamal Adams when it comes to changing the entire culture of a locker room, but he is just as talented and probably more versatile." - AFC team executive

maxresdefault.jpg

2[39] Lorenzo Carter OLB [Georgia] 6'6 250lbs

"He was a really big deal coming out but I didn't think he developed as much after his freshman year as I expected him to. He's been in a lot of different roles over there but this year I thought he looked more aggressive and more comfortable outside." -- SEC area scout for NFC team

4787711.jpg

* Bears trade 2018 4th round pick and 2018 6th round pick for Buffalo Bills 2018 3rd round pick.

Similiar to the trade the 49ers made last year.

(
49ers trade back into third round for QB

49ers receive:
» 2017 third-round pick (No. 104): C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa

Vikings receive:
» 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 109): Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
» 2017 seventh-round pick (No. 219): Stacy Coley, WR, Miami
)

3[96] Josey Jewell ILB [Iowa] 6'1 235lbs

Has 24 passes defensed over the last three years. Nick Kwaitoski continues to struggle in the coverage but is a good at rushing the QB.

On the borderline from a size standpoint, Jewell will have his detractors who may worry about whether he's big enough or fast enough to become a starter in the NFL. What I see on tape is a highly instinctive linebacker who combines physicality with a relentless motor to find his way into play after play. Jewell's consistent play speed and consistency as a tackle finisher could make him a future starter as an inside linebacker perfectly suited to the WILL spot in a 3-4.
-Lance Zierlein

maxresdefault.jpg

4. Ike Boettger OG [Iowa] 6'6 310lbs

Boettger's frame, play strength and experience playing both guard and tackle will appeal to NFL teams, but concerns over durability may become a hindrance. Teams may be tempted to try and leave him at tackle, but athletic limitations might make a move inside to guard his best option. Boettger's play is inconsistent, but his physical traits should make him an early backup with a shot at finding playing time down the road.
-Lance Zierlein

Ike_Boettger_tapslh.jpg

5. Lowell Lotulelei DT [Utah] 6'2 327llbs

Little brother of NFL DT Star Lotulelei.

"I was high on him before the year started but he was a major disappointment. He knew this was his year to play well and make money but he did nothing to get rid of all that excess weight and his tape wasn't very good." -- AFC Director of College Scouting

maxresdefault.jpg

7. Steven Dunbar WR [Houston] 6'3 203lbs

Dunbar is an appealing prospect with a combination of size, short-area quickness and route moxie that may be translatable into the league. He's had four position coaches during his time at Houston and could benefit by learning from an NFL coach and a veteran receiver or two. He doesn't have the deep speed to threaten NFL cornerbacks down the field, but his route running and ball skills give him a shot at making a roster as a possession receiver.
-Lance Zierlein

maxresdefault.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Mitchell Trubisky, Chase Daniels, Tyler Bray
RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen
TE: Trey Burton, Adam Shaheen, Dion Sims, Daniel Brown
RWR: Allen Robinson, Kevin White
LWR: Cameron Meredith, Steven Dunbar
SWR: Taylor Gabriel, Josh Bellamy
LT: Charles Leno, Bradley Sowell
LG: Jack Mewhort, Ike Boettger
C: Cody Whitehair, Eric Kush