dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/17/chi...ly&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Most likely won't happen but this would be a great draft for us if it did.

The Chicago Bears are in a unique position now. Several of their top roster needs are met and the situation ahead of them in the draft is getting wild.
As things stand it looks like GM Ryan Pace could have a healthy selection of talent at his disposal when the Bears go on the clock at #8. Odds are four quarterbacks will go in the first seven picks. That is great news considering Chicago no longer needs a QB. It becomes a matter of determining which players they have the greatest chance to take. Based on the current outlook, it could go down something like this.

1st Round
1SAQUON BARKLEY RB, Penn State
Even as the board continues to shuffle it looks like the Bears may be forced into a difficult decision at #8. Odds continue to increase that stud Penn State running back Saquon Barkley could be there for the taking, putting GM Ryan Pace and head coach Matt Nagy in a bind. All signs point to Barkley being an absolute monster at the next level. He’s big, strong, athletic and versatile. A rare mix of power and speed that gives defenses a fit every time he touches the ball.
The problem is the Bears have an established guy at the position in Jordan Howard. So they’re left with three choices: pick somebody else, trade the #8 pick to somebody who wants Barkley, or takes Barkley and look to move Howard. That last scenario is something that was hinted at a few weeks ago and will form the basis of this mock draft. Hence why Barkley is the surprise choice. Stay tuned for what’s to follow.

2nd Round
2BILLY PRICE OL, Ohio State
The fact that Billy Price partially tore his pec during the scouting combine may end up being a huge blessing in disguise for the Bears. Before that he was almost a lock to go in the 1st round as one of the top interior offensive linemen. Now there’s a chance he slips to Day 2. Price is a quality all-around blocker. He’s a powerful force in the run game and shows solid technique and footwork in pass protection. The Bears could easily plug him at guard or center. He’s played both well. Handing this sort of talent to Harry Hiestand might as well be cheating.

3rd Round (via NYG)
BEARS GET
3RD AND 4TH ROUND PICKS IN 2018

GIANTS GET
RB JORDAN HOWARD
3LORENZO CARTER EDGE, Georgia
Anybody who looks at Lorenzo Carter will get an enormous case of deja vu. A Georgia linebacker who stands 6’6″, is a freak athlete and played multiple positions for his team? His first name starts with an L and he blew up the scouting combine? Bears fans will get instant flashbacks to Leonard Floyd because these two are almost the same player. Carter flashed serious potential this past year as an edge rusher, but like Floyd, he didn’t play it enough to get an accurate barometer. So there is a calculated risk involved here but given what Vic Fangio was able to do for Floyd, there’s a strong chance the Bears secured another athletic edge rusher with huge upside.

4th Round (via NYG)
4DUKE EJIOFOR EDGE, Wake Forest
Then again sometimes it might just be best to go with a traditional guy. Duke Ejiofor isn’t near the athlete Carter is but he’s way more advanced as a technique. Few defenders in the 2018 draft class use their hands better at keeping blockers off of them as he does. It’s why he’s frequently able to get into the backfield despite not being the most explosive pass rusher. He can play upright and is a master of counter and inside moves. If he’s able to add more strength to his frame he’d become a perfect power compliment to Floyd’s speed.

4th Round
4MALIK JEFFERSON ILB, Texas
The back and forth opinions on Malik Jefferson are rather wild. Some view him as a dud at linebacker with nothing to offer. Others think he’s a promising athlete with so much potential to get better as he keeps learning the position. He showed outstanding qualities as a downhill linebacker who could attack the line of scrimmage both against the run and as a blitzer. If Fangio could teach him how to read and react better, this kid has a wealth of untapped upside that could make him a stud down the line. It’s a worthwhile risk at this point of the draft.

4th Round (via ARI)
4J.C. JACKSON CB, Maryland
The Bears absolutely did the right thing by bringing back Kyle Fuller and Prince Amukamara on long-term deals. Bryce Callahan is also back for another year. So for the time being the top of the depth chart is set at corner. That said there’s no such thing as too many good cover corners. Maryland has become quite the hidden gem of a program at turning out quality talents and J.C. Jackson may be one of their latest on the defensive side. He’s not the biggest at his position but he plays that way. He is athletic, physical and carries himself with that customary swagger.

5th Round
5ALEX CAPPA OT, Humboldt State
There is no shame in the Bears continuing to load up on young, cheap offensive line talent. Alex Cappa has athletic traits that can be molded once he’s able to polish his somewhat erratic fundamentals. He’s a big kid with a nasty disposition that offensive line coaches covet. Don’t be surprised if Hiestand is able to replace Leno or Massie with him in a couple years.
6th Round
6ADE ARUNA DE, Tulane
Aruna is what scouts will end up calling a tweener. He seems to have the body of one position group but the skill set of another. He has edge rush skill but the body and frame of a classic 3-4 defensive end. He’ll need to add more weight for the NFL but his potential is sizable. If he can improve his power base without losing that pass rusher quickness, he can be a nice find.
7th Round
7JORDAN WHITEHEAD S, Pitt
The 2017 season was forgettable for Jordan Whitehead. He made a number of mental mistakes that didn’t give him the best look. Draft tradition says if you’re undersized, it’s best if you don’t beat yourself mentally. That said Whitehead is a physical safety who is ferocious coming downhill and also has a background playing cornerback. There are traits present to work with.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
3rd and 4th for Howard won't happen.

Probably not but that would be a great draft and trade if it did. I love Howard and would hate to see him go but for this draft to happen i'd be just fine with it.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Barkley is there at 8, you take him regardless of who is already on the team.

Bears have the luxury of going BPA regardless of position.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Exactly. If Barkley is there you take him and have a 3-pronged rushing attack:Earth(Howard), Wind(Barkley), and Fire(Cohen). You only trade Howard if you can get a starting edge rusher ,ballhawking nickleback,or ILB his same age whose also a borderline Pro Bowler.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Saquon Barkley is still there when Bears pick I'd rather trade down to a RB needy team.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
The Jordan Howard just seems so poorly reasoned. So they reportedly said 'no' to Howard and 8 for Landry and 11, quick. That was shot down an hour after Moon Mullen tweeted the proposed trade.

But the bears are going to settle for a 3rd and a 4th for Jordan Howard instead? That makes zero sense.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Barkley won't be there at 8 so no one has to worry about a mock like this. Mark my words. Too many RB needy teams ahead of us and he is too talented to get to 8.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Saquon Barkley is still there when Bears pick I'd rather trade down to a RB needy team.

We could probably get a nice little haul from a team that wants Barkley.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Jordan Howard just seems so poorly reasoned. So they reportedly said 'no' to Howard and 8 for Landry and 11, quick. That was shot down an hour after Moon Mullen tweeted the proposed trade.

But the bears are going to settle for a 3rd and a 4th for Jordan Howard instead? That makes zero sense.

Barkley factor. I don't see this happening but our roster would look quite different at the time of this trade vs the Landry one.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't turn down Barkley, Chubb or Nelson. Those are not players you let other teams get instead of you.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Just got out of the Delorien....

1. Cleveland. DARNOLD. Seems to be gathering steams as no.1 overall.

2. NY Giants. ROSEN. This is a deep RB draft class. You can get a good one later. They have a short shelf life. The Giants need a successor to Eli, the 2019 draft class at QB is hot garbage. So bad it won't have a 1st round prospect in it. They won't have a better chance than they will with this pick to get a bonafide blue chip QB to pass the torch to.

3. NY Jets. MAYFIELD. The GM and Coach DO NOT HAVE TIME to wait on Allen. They need a guy who plays day 1. That is Mayfield. He had a billion reps in college. He got better every year, he is a name, and he is a charachter. This who they went up for.

4. Cleveland. KOLTON MILLER. AGain, they signed Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson is on the roster (one of their better players) ...PS. Hyde was a Buckeye..bonus points for the browns fans..the GM comes from a long line of front offices that DO NOT draft RB high. Including when he was the one making the picks with KC. Joe Thomas just Retired. They NEED his replacement, and here he is.

5. Denver. ELLIS. This is another regime with a coaching staff that has THIS YEAR to do something. They signed Keenum to starter money to win now while they think their window is still open. (debatable) ...This isn't the coaching staff to turn a new QB over to when they are fighting to keep their jobs....they need day 1 starters...and their O line is trash..perfect match.

6. Colts. CHUBB. The Colts could consider a trade down, but Chubb is on the board...he is who they will stay at 6 for..no trade down again.

7. Bucs. BARKLEY. The Bucs get a present gifted to them here....the impact playmaker they need in the backfield to go with Winston and Evans.

8. Bears. DAVENPORT. Team needs a premium pass rusher....they spent FA dollars on offense. I'm a Chiefs fan, so if this sounds completely off let me know.

9. Bills. Trade up to 9 with San Francisco. The Niners don't see anything here they MUST have and field calls from Arizona and the Bills about this pick. The Bills give up the 12th, keep the 22nd a 2nd and 3rd to do this. ....and they select.....ALLEN. Knowing Arizona was in on him here, the Bills make the move here and get what they hope is their man. (twobillsdrive.com servers will blow smoke)

10. Radiers. VITA VEA. Gruden wants beef.

Reactions: Myk

swz01

Liked Posts:
Barkley would be a great pick. Howard is a good back but not a game changer and Barkley is an elite back in the mold of Tomlinson. Trade Howard for a 3rd and pick a guard there. Go CB or pass rusher in the 2nd.

Look at it this way, if Howard doesn't improve as a receiver this year he is gone anyway. Might as well scoop an elite RB like Barkley if he is there who WILL fit the system and trade Howard while his value is high.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just got out of the Delorien....

1. Cleveland. DARNOLD. Seems to be gathering steams as no.1 overall.

2. NY Giants. ROSEN. This is a deep RB draft class. You can get a good one later. They have a short shelf life. The Giants need a successor to Eli, the 2019 draft class at QB is hot garbage. So bad it won't have a 1st round prospect in it. They won't have a better chance than they will with this pick to get a bonafide blue chip QB to pass the torch to.

3. NY Jets. MAYFIELD. The GM and Coach DO NOT HAVE TIME to wait on Allen. They need a guy who plays day 1. That is Mayfield. He had a billion reps in college. He got better every year, he is a name, and he is a charachter. This who they went up for.

4. Cleveland. KOLTON MILLER. AGain, they signed Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson is on the roster (one of their better players) ...PS. Hyde was a Buckeye..bonus points for the browns fans..the GM comes from a long line of front offices that DO NOT draft RB high. Including when he was the one making the picks with KC. Joe Thomas just Retired. They NEED his replacement, and here he is.

5. Denver. ELLIS. This is another regime with a coaching staff that has THIS YEAR to do something. They signed Keenum to starter money to win now while they think their window is still open. (debatable) ...This isn't the coaching staff to turn a new QB over to when they are fighting to keep their jobs....they need day 1 starters...and their O line is trash..perfect match.

6. Colts. CHUBB. The Colts could consider a trade down, but Chubb is on the board...he is who they will stay at 6 for..no trade down again.

7. Bucs. BARKLEY. The Bucs get a present gifted to them here....the impact playmaker they need in the backfield to go with Winston and Evans.

8. Bears. DAVENPORT. Team needs a premium pass rusher....they spent FA dollars on offense. I'm a Chiefs fan, so if this sounds completely off let me know.

9. Bills. Trade up to 9 with San Francisco. The Niners don't see anything here they MUST have and field calls from Arizona and the Bills about this pick. The Bills give up the 12th, keep the 22nd a 2nd and 3rd to do this. ....and they select.....ALLEN. Knowing Arizona was in on him here, the Bills make the move here and get what they hope is their man. (twobillsdrive.com servers will blow smoke)

10. Radiers. VITA VEA. Gruden wants beef.

At least you get points for applying the same thinking (can't take a RB/G at 8) to the teams before us (and I can forgive Barkley to Bucs). I hate seeing that rationalization and then having them go early. I don't agree but at least you stuck to it.