Should the Bears consider NaVorro Bowman?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
He would be very nice to have at the moment. Even if we drafted ILB.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rz1of6R.gif

fangio might like to have him back in his d... and if bowman feels the same way it could give the bears a leg up.

I see what you did there

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In this scenario (your scenario), the Bears have Bowman, Trevathan and Edmunds. Kwit would be a clear 4th in the pecking order. He's too good to be a 4th LB. And unless you cut Trevathan and/or Bowman (if he has a multi-year contract), then he's not going to see the field unless there is a disaster before his rookie deal is up.

So because he is too good, you want to trade him? The dude is making 774k this year and 864k next year. There is no reason to trade him as Bowman would be a stop gap at best and Edmunds can play outside. Not to mention injuries.

The Bears don't have the luxury of trading away good depth players who are dirt cheap.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Doesn't Freeman still have to serve his 10 game suspension? He was put on IR before he got suspended, right? I thought you had to be healthy in order to serve your suspension.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since Freeman has not yet been officially cut, I imagine they are not interested in Bowman, which is too bad, because he had a very positive impact on the Raiders last year.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/3/15/17128012/raiders-reportedly-made-offer-to-navorro-bowman-who-is-testing-the-market

Trent Murphy & Jerrell Freeman both served their suspension on IR.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bears-jerrell-freeman-reinstated-from-suspension/

Freeman's (concussion/pecotoral) completed his 10-game suspension and was officially reinstated Monday.

Freeman received the 10-game ban in late October for a repeat violation of the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy and was able to serve the suspension while he remained on injured reserve due to a season-ending torn pectoral muscle in addition to a concussion. Though Freeman is under contract with the Bears through 2018, there isn't any guaranteed money left on his deal. If the Bears elect to release Freeman this offseason, it's possible he has played his last NFL game, as the linebacker acknowledged shortly after the suspension was handed down that his career could be over following his latest head injury, according to Jeff Dickerson of ESPN.com.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I think he would be a great signing, but it seems Pace is really focused on getting young players and building a team that can be cohesive for 4 or 5 years.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
We all want youth on this team but Bowman would be a huge splash for this team! I would be very much intrigued on picking him up.