Should the Bears consider NaVorro Bowman?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How did he do with the Raiders? Before the leg break he was one of the best ILB's in the NFL but I didn't keep up with him after his injury. Nick Kwaitsoki sucks in coverage and without Danny Trevethan he really struggled.

Rz1of6R.gif

[video=youtube_share;Q43BG8T-mks]https://youtu.be/Q43BG8T-mks[/video]

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Hell to the yes. Wouldn’t be any different than the Freeman signing a couple years ago and postpones a need.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He was great. He's always great. The only logical reason I see for the Bears not to go after him is if they are targeting Edmunds or Roquan at #8.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raiders nation is hoping he comes back. They said he played excellent for them last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He was great. He's always great. The only logical reason I see for the Bears not to go after him is if they are targeting Edmunds or Roquan at #8.

I've been screaming for us to get Bowmann since before free agency even started but this is a good point that i didn't really think of. If it's Edmunds we want then i'd still be fine with getting Bowmann on the right contract because Edmunds is so versatile and can be used multiple ways but if they're targeting R.Smith then there's no reason to sign Bowmann which sucks cause i want his leadership on our defense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Tremaine Edmunds would benefit from being a back up and rotational player behind two pro bowlers like Bowman and Trevethan and we could try him out on the outside as well as the inside if we have more depth at LB.

Edmunds is still learning how to play football let alone a full time stater in the NFL.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would personally love to have him center fielding for us. Assuming he can be signed to a reasonable contract.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
He's 30 years old and on the verge of decline, so it's all about guaranteed amount of money, and would he agree on contract that would enable Bears an exit after 2 years (when he's bound for even a more serious decline).

Other thing is, Bears need to save some amount of Cap room for Goldman and Amos extensions, plus if someone tries to steal Meredith and Callahan, so it's not like they can go all in and offer Bowman $8-10M per year.

And last, Draft, do they plan to target Edmunds / R.Smith at #8 or someone like Vander Esch at #39.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Tremaine Edmunds would benefit from being a back up and rotational player behind two pro bowlers like Bowman and Trevethan and we could try him out on the outside as well as the inside if we have more depth at LB.

Edmunds is still learning how to play football let alone a full time stater in the NFL.

If this is the case, I'd prefer Edmunds get a lot more reps on the edge. But I'd also probably look to trade Kwiatkoski. Really no reason for him to be on the field unless 2 guys get injured.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's 30 years old and on the verge of decline, so it's all about guaranteed amount of money, and would he agree on contract that would enable Bears an exit after 2 years (when he's bound for even a more serious decline).

Other thing is, Bears need to save some amount of Cap room for Goldman and Amos extensions, plus if someone tries to steal Meredith and Callahan, so it's not like they can go all in and offer Bowman $8-10M per year.

I wouldn't imagine he'd take more than a 2-year deal. Probably even 1. Took a 1-year deal after being cut by the 49ers. And it was only worth 2.6Mil. I'd imagine you could get him for like 1/6 or 2/10, with 5-6 guaranteed.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And last, Draft, do they plan to target Edmunds / R.Smith at #8 or someone like Vander Esch at #39.

Oh make no mistake. Signing Bowman would be as another stop gap ILB.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If this is the case, I'd prefer Edmunds get a lot more reps on the edge. But I'd also probably look to trade Kwiatkoski. Really no reason for him to be on the field unless 2 guys get injured.

Trade Kwaitoski? So you want to get rid of the only decent depth we have at ILB? We could probably get a 4th or 5th round pick for him but the value is worse than what we could keep him for.

Danny Trevathan has only played all 16 games in one year of his career and Bowman had a bad leg injury.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't imagine he'd take more than a 2-year deal. Probably even 1. Took a 1-year deal after being cut by the 49ers. And it was only worth 2.6Mil. I'd imagine you could get him for like 1/6 or 2/10, with 5-6 guaranteed.

Well, on those terms he'd be a bargain, plus he's already familiar with Fangio's system.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trade Kwaitoski? So you want to get rid of the only decent depth we have at ILB? We could probably get a 4th or 5th round pick for him but the value is worse than what we could keep him for.

Danny Trevathan has only played all 16 games in one year of his career and Bowman had a bad leg injury.

In this scenario (your scenario), the Bears have Bowman, Trevathan and Edmunds. Kwit would be a clear 4th in the pecking order. He's too good to be a 4th LB. And unless you cut Trevathan and/or Bowman (if he has a multi-year contract), then he's not going to see the field unless there is a disaster before his rookie deal is up.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In this scenario (your scenario), the Bears have Bowman, Trevathan and Edmunds. Kwit would be a clear 4th in the pecking order. He's too good to be a 4th LB. And unless you cut Trevathan and/or Bowman (if he has a multi-year contract), then he's not going to see the field unless there is a disaster before his rookie deal is up.

It would be Bowman, Trevethan, and Kwitowki if Edmunds was doing okay on the edge so if you traded Kwit it would be Jonathan Anderson and I'd hate to see Anderson in if Bowman or Trevethan go down.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It would be Bowman, Trevethan, and Kwitowki if Edmunds was doing okay on the edge so if you traded Kwit it would be Jonathan Anderson and I'd hate to see Anderson in if Bowman or Trevethan go down.
Sorry. I guess I didn't clarify. Edge would be just to get him on the field. But if an ILB guess down, he's full-time ILB to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

You think Bowmann will get $8-$10 mil per? I obviously don't know but i wasn't thinking he'd get that much and was thinking more around the $6 mil range.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, on those terms he'd be a bargain, plus he's already familiar with Fangio's system.

Quick someone find out of Bowmann and A.Lynch are boyz.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
fangio might like to have him back in his d... and if bowman feels the same way it could give the bears a leg up.

hes got a few years left in him and any young lbs on the team could learn from watching one of the best. if hes asking a reasonable price, hell yeah. he really helped make that fangio d in sf what it was. i loved the aggression that d played with and fangio has been building a similar d here. bringing in bowman would only help things along.