Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No, not Larry David's awesome show

I tried this post in a few Bears FB groups I'm in with no success. I know this place of debbie downers will help me

Ok, someone bring me back down to earth and curb my enthusiasm with the Bears!

1)We have a young QB with loads of potential

2)We have a top running game with Howard and Cohen

3)We have a legit #1 WR

4)We have two of the fastest guys in the NFL in Cohen and Gabriel.

5)We have other more than capable WR's

6)We are golden at TE

7)We are one stud Olineman away (will be taken care of in the draft) from having an above average OL.

8)Our D was in the top 10 last year with many injuries.

9)OUr D should be just as strong, We lost a little depth, but that should be taken care of in the draft also

10)We have a kicker who is good

11)We have a punter who is good

12)Our return game will be good

Yes, we need more overall depth, so if we have another year of significant injuries, it will hurt us. Yes, Trubs is still inexperienced.

Heck, we draft an edge rusher, and Olineman and a WR with the first three picks in the draft, we are sitting pretty.

We are definitely better than the Lions and maybe even the Pack.

But tell me why this team should not compete for a playoff spot

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Threads like these are common this time of year. People think the FA and/or draft moves have "finally turned us around".

I would like to save points 1 thru 6 for reference in December when they're 5-9 and everyone is complaining that Trubisky has no weapons, terrible blocking and play calling, and generally everything stacked against him while every other QB in the league is blessed with a perfect cast of players and coaches.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
No need to be a Debbie Down at this time. This is the time of year for hope.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are the odds that you post that if they are 9-5?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Just to play devils advocate. I'm extremely positive heading into the season, but that's been all hype many times before.
Still has a lot to prove and needs to take a huge jump from last year.

No argument here.

3)We have a legit #1 WR
Potentially. Will see if he can revert to form and if his injury holds him back. Reports before the injury last year were he looked amazing.

Will see if it's a gimmick, or it translates. (outside of being pessimistic on purpose, I think the way Nagy schemes this could be awesome open field yardage/tds)

Still TBD. I think we need to draft one. Lots of unknowns here (again I am very hopeful and excited about the change)

6)We are golden at TE
Also TBD. Will see if Shaheen continues to grow, and if Burton is more than just a role player. He hasn't had FT major #1 responsibilities as a TE yet (that I know of)
Do believe it will be a strong point of the O. (You keep pulling the positive responses... this is supposed to be negative!)

7)We are one stud Olineman away (will be taken care of in the draft) from having an above average OL.
Hopefully. LT is average, LG is empty, center has been banged up, RG has been banged up, RT is serviceable at best.

D has a lot of room for improvement. Still getting long gains over the middle and bad chunck yardage when teams were given time. We seemed to start hot then regress every game.

9)OUr D should be just as strong, We lost a little depth, but that should be taken care of in the draft also
D should be better in some areas. Rookie growth, consistency, but we need pass rush help badly.

Finally. That was painful

Needs to improve in some areas.

If we can stop the penalties and the on the fly plays don't result in negative yardage. Cohen needs to play smarter.

We are definitely better than the Lions and maybe even the Pack. - Ehhhhhh..... :smh:
511a45fedabe8ffa988f23fc19b652a21ff88ef8872f31a3a507361a98cf80f9.jpg

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If i had to rain on your parade, i would point out some things:

Our thin depth means we'd be a couple key injuries away from piling up losses. You can only expect so much from the draft to fill some current holes.

I wouldn't count on our offensive line to be above average. Kyle Long has either been hurt or a shell of himself the last two seasons. Whitehair regressed last year in part to that causing us to have to shuffle the line around. Leno is decent, Massie is decent at best. We'll have a rookie or unproven guy at a guard position this year. Injuries to the line could make it crumble with the quickness.

Similarly, Howard isn't the normal west coast back. As good as he is as a rusher i wouldn't be surprised to see the offense struggle a bit considering his lack of ability in the pass-game.

Leonard Floyd is the only guy on the edge that scares you just a little bit at this point. That doesn't figure to change drastically even after the draft. We could struggle to put pressure on opposing passers.

I think this team's upside is maybe 9-7. The arrow is certainly pointing up, but we need another strong draft and a year for Nagy to get people on the same page. Next season is when you'd expect this team to start really taking off if they make the right moves and you get some luck with some key players.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is the first year for Nagy with the Bears and the reality is that Nagy has only called about 5 games by himself. It will not be perfect this year.

We do not have a RB that can catch AND run, all of them are one OR the other.

Oline is hurting and it will require more than 1 rookie to fix it. We are reliant on Long being ready, and either Morgan or Kush to step up. If you don't think we are in a bad situation with our O-line, then consider that Grasu could very well be the starting center again. That is not good for Trubisky or the running backs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watch a Bears game and it will Curb my Enthusiasm.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Three biggest things

1. There is no guarantee that a young quarterback that flashes potential is actually going to match that. It's great if he does but Mitch was drafted as a huge question due to his limited tape due to the fact he struggled to get on the field at North Carolina. Maybe he's really good but it's still a major question that I don't feel like is safe to just assume either way.

2. Injuries are a part of every season, especially in training camp. Until the team is mostly healthy come Labor Day, projected rosters are still liable to seeing a huge shift. If the Bears think they've "settled" the WR position and then Robinson pulls a hamstring and is out the first 4-6 weeks of the season, then you're right back to last year with weird WR groupings and no true top WR talent.

3. There is a lot of hope, not proof, that role players in other systems can succeed in this system. What makes truly great offenses/teams great is their ability to add talent and tweak/add to the scheme at a price that is valuable to them. The Bears are paying a lot of money and cap on the hope that guys like Burton and Gabriel will be able to produce without the system/talent that made them valuable in their previous spots. It's great when the Eagles get value out of Burton as a UDFA and mostly scheme him in to a few plays a game but it's completely different to ask Burton to play a majority of the snaps and get paid a fairly large wage to do so. It's one thing to ask Gabriel to be the third option/screen guy when you have Julio Jones/Matt Ryan on your team to keep teams from playing safeties down but it's another to hope that Allen Robinson/Mitch Trubisky have the same impact on a defense. And again, you're paying Gabriel a solid starting WR salary, you're EXPECTING that production, not being gladly surprised if he gives you that.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It sounds great on paper, but, it's still a new offense with new coaches and a lot of new moving parts. It's gonna take the better part, if not all, of this season to get everyone on the same page. I'll be happy if I'm seeing a strong finish to the season, but there will be growing pains early.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of how we do next year will have to do with a bit of luck in our early games while we are establishing the O and health. If we stay healthier than the norm, an overall winning record would be a reasonable expectation.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Sweaty Teddy and George McCaskey will be held in high esteem and cement their jobs for years as this team starts to win. Enthusiasm curb stomped. Your welcome.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

I tried this post in a few Bears FB groups I'm in with no success. I know this place of debbie downers will help me

3)We have a legit #1 WR

6)We are golden at TE

Yes, we need more overall depth, so if we have another year of significant injuries, it will hurt us. Yes, Trubs is still inexperienced.

Heck, we draft an edge rusher, and Olineman and a WR with the first three picks in the draft, we are sitting pretty.

Here's how I'd curb your enthusiasm:

1) He ends up being lazy never realizing any of it
2) Howard gets injured and Cohen proves he's too small to carry the role
3) he ends up being a product of one good season. A low end tier 2 receiver.
4) Gabriel's speed has never led to consistent success for him. See number 2.
5) White and Merideth get injured again or underperform.
6) Shaheen makes no progress and Burton is a product of the eagles system.
7) We don't draft well and they get injured.
8) Losing a whole host of players this off-season proves detrimental.
9) See 7
10) he ends up sucking
11) He ends up middle of the road
12) why?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

3)We have a legit #1 WR

6)We are golden at TE

New coach and scheme. Will take awhile to implement and could be a slow start to the season leaving us playing catch up towards the end of the season. We are bound to lose at least 10+ players to IR. OL depth is shit. We have absolutely zero OLB's after Floyd, which is probably the most important position on our defense. Also missing an ILB.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Here's how I'd curb your enthusiasm:

1) He ends up being lazy never realizing any of it
2) Howard gets injured and Cohen proves he's too small to carry the role
3) he ends up being a product of one good season. A low end tier 2 receiver.
4) Gabriel's speed has never led to consistent success for him. See number 2.
5) White and Merideth get injured again or underperform.
6) Shaheen makes no progress and Burton is a product of the eagles system.
7) We don't draft well and they get injured.
8) Losing a whole host of players this off-season proves detrimental.
9) See 7
10) he ends up sucking
11) He ends up middle of the road
12) why?

:office:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

- Trubs is young and could be hitting a Sophomore slump

- Howard doesn't fit Nagy's system very well... stone hands.

3)We have a legit #1 WR
- Robinson is coming off an ACL tear, as is Meredith, and White is a perpetually broken toy.

- This is fun, until you get hit going full speed and get a concussion.

- Meredith off torn ACL, White off broken body, Gabriel is fast but an unknown, BeLLamy sux ass

6)We are golden at TE
- We are not... Shaheen is raw af and trips over his own feet, Burton was a #2 TE and is stepping into the role of #1 TE in a new system

- We are one stiff breeze from Kyle Long having another surgery, Massie had one decent season, he is far from a stud, Grasu looks like a child out there, and we cut our most experienced G.... far too many unknowns on OLine to call it good.

- They struggled to get to the passer for many stretches and did not cause nearly enough turnovers... even Fangio said they have a ways to go.

- Never know with injuries, draft busts, FA busts.... calm your tits.

- We have a kicker was was good in Miami, need to see how he does kicking off a field they have to resod every fucking week.

- Megapunt kicked the ball 90 times a game last year, he is worn out.

- There is no way to know that.... ST is alot more than just fast dudes who can catch a pop up.

- You debbie downer'd urself, why did I bother?

- And they might all suck/get injured.

- We are better than no one until we prove it.

- Becuz God h8s da Bayerz

You asked for it...

:-v

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
This is the first year for Nagy with the Bears and the reality is that Nagy has only called about 5 games by himself. It will not be perfect this year.

We do not have a RB that can catch AND run, all of them are one OR the other.

Oline is hurting and it will require more than 1 rookie to fix it. We are reliant on Long being ready, and either Morgan or Kush to step up. If you don't think we are in a bad situation with our O-line, then consider that Grasu could very well be the starting center again. That is not good for Trubisky or the running backs.

I think Grasu stinks. He either gets pushed all over the field by a defense or he is injured. Poor pick and he should be a back up period.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

3)We have a legit #1 WR

6)We are golden at TE

Bears noob