Rosenthal: Ranking top 32 quarterbacks

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After reading the whole thread... holy shit, mick. It's hilarious how you make Mitch out to seem worse than Deshone Kizer or something. Pace didn't draft your guy. Let it go. It's the same shit you did for YEARS with Cutler. You have an agenda, which is to shit on the Bears QB because it's not "your guy

It's pointless saying anything around here because all the mind readers just tell you what you think.

No he didn't draft Watson, but there are a lot of people who wanted Watson. I said the say of the draft that I was excited about Trubisky and my opinion of him is based entirely on his play. I couldn't give a fuck about Watson. I want my team to succeed at the most important position, period. You don't live in my mind, you don't know what I think or why I think what I do, so stop acting like you know me better than I know me, it's really silly.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's the thing. I LOVE Watson. Great player and kid. He is better than Trubisky right now.... But looking back on this 20 years from now I think Trubisky has the better career. I've always looked at this as a 10 year plus decision unlike some fans who can't get past this weeks game.

Completely agree. Trubisky has plenty of time to get better. Never said otherwise.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's try it this way, Watson would have equally "sucked" if he played with the Bears last year

Nah, he'd probably have made more plays. Not to the same degree as he did in Houston though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, he'd probably have made more plays. Not to the same degree as he did in Houston though.

That's probably correct but if he was told to stay home and go through his reads to learn how to become an NFL pocket passer like Trubs was, it may not have been much better. Stuff like this is really hard to know.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That's probably correct but if he was told to stay home and go through his reads to learn how to become an NFL pocket passer like Trubs was, it may not have been much better. Stuff like this is really hard to know.

Texans HC Bill O'Brien allowed Watson to do what he is good at, incorporating some things from Clemson. Fox and Loggains? :lmao:

"O'Brien said he has also learned a lot from the rookie, especially with some of what Watson had done in his time at Clemson."
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/255469/texans-bill-obrien-getting-creative-calling-plays-for-deshaun-watson

We are all hoping Nagy will let Mitchel be Mitchel, that and more talent around him, I'd love to see Trubisky in the top 15 after this season.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's definitely something that concerned me about Watson. The pounding he took in that last championship game against Alabama was unbelievable. He took some vicious shots. He'll do anything to win which is great but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor when you're a NFL franchise QB. I hope he has a long career but he might end up being a comet instead.

RGIII lesson somewhere in there.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It's pointless saying anything around here because all the mind readers just tell you what you think.

No he didn't draft Watson, but there are a lot of people who wanted Watson. I said the say of the draft that I was excited about Trubisky and my opinion of him is based entirely on his play. I couldn't give a fuck about Watson. I want my team to succeed at the most important position, period. You don't live in my mind, you don't know what I think or why I think what I do, so stop acting like you know me better than I know me, it's really silly.

If you opinion on Trubs is based on his play, then I suggest you go watch him play again. This time preferably with your eyes open!

Yes, the stats were not there last year. But that was more due to an anemic offense and the worst WRs in the league. Mitch showed quite a lot of flash and promise, even having to deal with all of that as a rookie. Many other rookie QBs have looked worse having a LOT better team around them...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I said the say of the draft that I was excited about Trubisky and my opinion of him is based entirely on his play. I couldn't give a fuck about Watson. I want my team to succeed at the most important position, period.

Then why say that his reputation nationally is shit, when that's not true at all? Why say that he needs to prove the masses wrong? The masses think that he's a promising player with a ton of upside, he just needs to be put into position to succeed in a real offense, with real weapons.

And it goes deeper than that. I watched this season as you were one of his detractors while you pined for Watson. You can say that you don't give a fuck about Watson, but your post history says otherwise.

I'm just saying, dude. You're not fooling anybody.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As much as I enjoyed the nonstop Cutler battle on this board, I am nowhere near ready to even begin thinking about MT.

He did nothing impressive overall last year. Anemic at best. Is that him? Who the hell knows- I plan on forgetting everything about 17 and moving forward with fresh eyes this year.

What I will say is Chicago fans are absolutely laughable in their rush to crown or condemn a player.

I think my favorite recent example is all the panties in a wad over how little respect Kevin white was getting.. His injuries were nothing and the columnists would be eating their words!!!

Good stuff.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why say that his reputation nationally is shit, when that's not true at all? Why say that he needs to prove the masses wrong? The masses think that he's a promising player with a ton of upside, he just needs to be put into position to succeed in a real offense, with real weapons.

And it goes deeper than that. I watched this season as you were one of his detractors while you pined for Watson. You can say that you don't give a fuck about Watson, but your post history says otherwise.

Pretty much... Bmick was that guy chirping during the Cutler era let's get that qb and develop him.

And as Sevvy mentioned you would pop into the gameday thread "he's terrible".

You do know he came out of college raw no where near as close to the level as your beloved but injured Watkins is. Yep, Watkins looks better than MT after the 1st season. MT needs to make a big jump in his development in 2018. Who knows what he is now or will be but it looks like you are enjoying a Watkins is better than MT comparison after a developing QB's rookie season.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I enjoyed the nonstop Cutler battle on this board, I am nowhere near ready to even begin thinking about MT.

He did nothing impressive overall last year. Anemic at best. Is that him? Who the hell knows- I plan on forgetting everything about 17 and moving forward with fresh eyes this year.

What I will say is Chicago fans are absolutely laughable in their rush to crown or condemn a player.

I think my favorite recent example is all the panties in a wad over how little respect Kevin white was getting.. His injuries were nothing and the columnists would be eating their words!!!

Good stuff.

Kevin White lot of nothing so far.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky doesn't have a reputation because he didn't do jack last year. He was in an anemic bears offense with a lame duck HC that everybody knew was going to be shown the door sans winning the Superbowl. I expect a jump in progress this year but not a huge one honestly

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Obviously I wish we had Watson, he's fucking awesome at football. That doesn't mean I don't want Trubisky to succeed, if that's what you're even implying. You of all people should know that I'm objective when it comes to my own team.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

In 7 games he had 8 INT's and 19 sacks. His numbers would have been closer to Trubisky than most people think if he'd played here. We would all be furious if our starting QB had one less ACL tear than NFL victories. He may be the more talented QB but if he can't stay healthy H-Town is in trouble.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've seen a lot of comparisons of trubs and Goff and personally I think they are unfair to Trubisky. While statistically their rookie years are comparable I don't see ( but I hope it does happen) Trubisky to have a Goff like second season. Goff has waaaay more experience than Trubisky so when he actually got help his leap wasn't that unrealistic. Trubisky is raw as hell and I doubt anyone under Fox truly helped with his development. While again I expect progress I still expect a few ugly mistakes coming too

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Literally three years ago Mitch couldn't win the starting job at a middling ACC team with a non-NFL QB to now he's the savior of the franchise. That's a tough ask for any guy to show that much quick development in that amount of time considering he sat most of that 2015 season. He still may be good, he still may be bad but I think hoping for anything close to a Goff or Wentz like development jump is really asking a lot.

Mitch is a strange prospect because I can't think of a NFL QB who ever played as little in game action as Mitch. Even though guys have had far different levels of success in different timeframes, I struggle to remember the last QB who only had one year of college and then quickly played well at the NFL level. Goff was a three year starter at Cal; Wentz a two year starter at college who then started 16 games in the NFL. That's a ton more time of simply being in a game that Mitch simply doesn't have yet.

dabears4life

Liked Posts:
Bearmick needs to win this so bad. Trubisky hasn't done shit yet he trolls only when he comes up

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mahomes can be viewed as much of a question mark as Trubisky.

What, that one start didn't tell you enough about Pat "Jay Cutler" Mahomes?

Sling it, Mahomesie!!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In 7 games he had 8 INT's and 19 sacks. His numbers would have been closer to Trubisky than most people think if he'd played here. We would all be furious if our starting QB had one less ACL tear than NFL victories. He may be the more talented QB but if he can't stay healthy H-Town is in trouble.

He had 19 TDs in 7 games (2.7 per game) compared to Trubisky's 7 in 12 games (0.6 per game). I acknowledge he had better receivers and that would have closed the gap somewhat but I still don't think there's much doubt he'd have probably done a bit more in terms of making plays and scoring points than MT. Fully agree that injury is his greatest concern for the future. If he stays healthy, who knows what he'll do as a seasoned NFL player with some experience behind him.