Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole point of spending big on a legit number one is that he will command enough attention from the defense that’s it will free up the lesser talented players on offense. You can get those players throughout the draft. Going wr over load in fa is going to really hurt other problem areas on the team. We have a true number one we need to start acting like the successful teams that also have one
I really doubt hurns is going to command so much money that he'd prevent us from getting other players and filling other needs in FA.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

greg23

Liked Posts:
Yes please

He's a nice insurance/compliment on the outside to ar and cam coming off injuries and bumps the bottom of the rotation down and doesn't require a high pick for a wr and/or buys time for that drafted wr to contribute.

Robinson
Merideth
Gabriel
Hurns
White (show in ps or cut)
Draft pick
Bellamy (st)
Gentry (ps)

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The whole point of spending big on a legit number one is that he will command enough attention from the defense that’s it will free up the lesser talented players on offense. You can get those players throughout the draft. Going wr over load in fa is going to really hurt other problem areas on the team. We have a true number one we need to start acting like the successful teams that also have one

Sadly, it's not as simple as a #1 getting other guys open, or us finding talent at other positions to get a perfectly balanced team. At this point there is no problem loading up at WR since they all stay hurt, and if healthy, we can put a ton of points on the board if Mitch is good.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Robinson, Meredith, Gabriel, Hurns, White and a 4th round draft pick like T. Smith, A. Miller, Gallup or Quinn. Let Gentry and Bellamy fight for the last spot too. Leaves White as the 5th guy if he flames out again.

I'd rather keep Inman over Hurns

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurns has been injured the past two years in a row. That is a bit of a history....he is effective when on the field, but you can't really pay this guy like an everyday performer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was cut by the Jags for making 7 million this year.....no one will probably pay him that much.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would rather have Kendall Wright back. Not sure why he is still out there with no apparent offers.

A similar player in Ryan Grant was sign (kinda) by two teams.

And he was the only consistent WR we had last year, good hands, had a rapport with Trubs, stayed healthy all year, lead the team with catches and yards even though he played mainly in the slot. He could be a backup plan if Meredith leaves as the #2 and at this point would likely come back on a reasonable deal.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
With the way things are sounding, it appears Hurns will end up in Dallas or NY Jets.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I'd rather keep Inman over Hurns

Yea... no!!

Qqkvgfd.gif

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns both have the middle name Benard.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah no shit they are different.... does not change anything.... those numbers are horrible. Big risk, big liability. Not worth it.

LOL, what? You were trying to say he has never played a full season by using his started games numbers. He has played a full season and 15 is pretty damn close to another full season. Whether the Bears sign him or not is irrelevant to me as I don't really see him as a difference maker, and we could probably get someone as impactful in the draft, but don't just make shit up.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its Bernard...

Thank god you cleared that up for us...Id hate to be misspelling his middle name all season!

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter reports this morning -

"Cowboys, Jets, Ravens, Browns all vying for Allen Hurns."

Does not appear Bears are in the running.