“There were some throws and I was like, ‘Wow, these guys really have a QB" - AR

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/19/chicago-bears-take-advantage-of-trubisky-buzz/aukrpvd/

“There were some throws he made … and I was like, ‘Wow, these guys really have a quarterback,’ ” Robinson said. “I know some guys on the team, so Chicago was a team I watched a few times. I got a chance to watch him play, and I saw a lot of good things.”

Daniel has backed up Drew Brees in New Orleans, Alex Smith in Kansas City, Carson Wentz in Philadelphia, and then Brees again last year. He’s seen firsthand what exceptional QB play looks like, and he spent three years with Bears coach Matt Nagy when they were with the Chiefs.

“Watching Mitch play last year was fun,” Daniel said. “It’s hard to play as a quarterback in this league, but especially as a rookie quarterback. I think he did some really good things. I’m excited to dive in with him deeper and get started.” From everything I’ve heard, everyone I’ve seen, he’s a really great guy. So I’m ready to work with him.”

Burton had yet to meet Trubisky when he arrived for his Bears media introduction last week, but he was eager to begin collaborating.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually enjoy the posts. I don't have to search all over the interwebz to find a related article, I just come here. Plus, if I don't want to read it, I just skip over it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
cant we just get a dez subforum? One stop shop for all Dez related. That way he can post how much he wants and no one can complain.

Or you could just bump Dez's old threads from the second page to complain he has to many pages on the front page I guess that works.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't even realize, my bad.

BTW I was being serious. That way no one can complain. They choose to go to there.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
With all the trolling that occurs here, I'm perfectly fine with someone posting news about the Bears. If the thread title doesn't interest me, I'll just skip it.

Exactly. I actually appreciate the postings by Dez, at least he has some actual articles and the main reason I come here which is for Bears related news/info. Not some idiots getting off on posting dumb shit from banned members and the more pathetic idiots who back them for it.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I actually look for the threads he's started - it pretty much means it's something about the Bears rather than a whole load of BS about random crap.

Living in Scotland we don't get the same 24/7 easy access to football news, let alone Bears news, so coming on here is a direct source of content for Bears related stuff. DB seems to be pretty good at sorting the wheat from the chaff and generally appears to start pretty decent threads that are (ironically) only derailed by people taking the thread off topic by complaining about how many threads the guy has started

And as mentioned above - if you really don't want to read threads posted by DB then it's pretty easy to simply scroll down and pick the next one where you can probably enjoy twenty pages diverted to talk about gun control, in-jokes or inane rambling by a variety of trolls.

So for those weary of DB's nuggets of information and insight, go find something that interests you a couple of rows down and leave room for others to have a decent discussion on all things Bears related.

Everyone's a winner!! :beer:

Mauled By Bears

Liked Posts:
Exactly. I actually appreciate the postings by Dez, at least he has some actual articles and the main reason I come here which is for Bears related news/info. Not some idiots getting off on posting dumb shit from banned members and the more pathetic idiots who back them for it.

Yes. I really don’t know Dez from any other poster, but if these are the types of threads he posts then keep them coming.

Perusing through pages upon pages of shitposting to find relevant discussion are what keeps me from contributing more to this forum.

And the mods don’t seem to give a shit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I actually enjoy the posts. I don't have to search all over the interwebz to find a related article, I just come here. Plus, if I don't want to read it, I just skip over it.

You should offer lessons in how to skip posts and articles that you don't want to read. Some people here haven't mastered that skill yet.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The article reads like both Arob and Chase are being politically correct, as they should.

We all know that Trubisky did not light it up like Watson, but we also know that he was being coached by the most conservative coach on the planet.

I'm still optimistic, and it sounds like the players are still approaching it as a glass half full mentality. Chase had more disclaimers, like it is hard to play QB and i want to dive deeper than he had complements. Arob was saying Trubs did some "good" things and "wow, they really have a QB". Well every team has a QB, so.....

Those comment scream more of being cautiously optimistic than they do of an infatigable optimism.

I personally think that keeping Trubisky healthy by being so conservative was the best thing that Fox did for this team.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The article reads like both Arob and Chase are being politically correct, as they should.

We all know that Trubisky did not light it up like Watson, but we also know that he was being coached by the most conservative coach on the planet.

I'm still optimistic, and it sounds like the players are still approaching it as a glass half full mentality. Chase had more disclaimers, like it is hard to play QB and i want to dive deeper than he had complements. Arob was saying Trubs did some "good" things and "wow, they really have a QB". Well every team has a QB, so.....

Those comment scream more of being cautiously optimistic than they do of an infatigable optimism.

I personally think that keeping Trubisky healthy by being so conservative was the best thing that Fox did for this team.

So now we're parsing the difference between "cautious" optimism and "indefatigable" optimism? Must be the offseason. :)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With all the trolling that occurs here, I'm perfectly fine with someone posting news about the Bears. If the thread title doesn't interest me, I'll just skip it.

I'm good though I tease a bit but some of the misleading titles are not helpful.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm good though I tease a bit but some of the misleading titles are not helpful.
I agree with this. Dez's posts are generally OK, but the click-bait style titles are a little aggravating sometimes. Especially considering he doesn't have to do that to get people to read his threads.