dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m fine with this. We aren’t in a position to trade up unless it is very cheap, like a 4th rounder.

I'm fine with us drafting whichever edge rusher they feel can be a good one in the 1st or 2nd round, or really anywhere in the draft. Having legit pass rush is just too big a thing to not have and not have plenty of it. If they feel trading up for Chibb is the thing they wanna do then do it as long as we don't give up too much, if they feel Davenport or T.Edmunds is ready to contribute right away at edge then draft one of them although i see Edmunds playing more ILB then edge, if they feel H.Landry is gonna be a great pass rusher then draft him............just give me pass rush please.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No way they do that. Jets just traded three second rounders to move from 6 to 3.

Two seconds I think is what it will cost price is high this year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was for a QB, bidding against the Bills.

Non-QB trades do not cost anywhere near as much.

The Dolphins moves from 12 -3 for a 2nd round pick to take a DE.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Well I'm all for that but if there is still a QB and DE at four I'm not sure we get much better deal than what the jets paid imo.

It's still a trade up four spots

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JPP trade from Giants to TB.

Looks like Chubb may be going 2.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Pace's dinner

eating-crow.jpg

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
JPP trade from Giants to TB.

Looks like Chubb may be going 2.
If they take him at two they are throwing away an opportunity for a haul of picks.

I'm sure they like him but you'd effectively be giving a lot for him if you stay put.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
JPP was traded to clear cap for next spring so they can pay Collins and OBJ, not because they decided they were going with Chubb at #2.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was for a QB, bidding against the Bills.

Non-QB trades do not cost anywhere near as much.

The Dolphins moves from 12 -3 for a 2nd round pick to take a DE.

Circumstances always come into play. It was actually good for both sides.

One source told NFL.com's Albert Breer that the Dolphins believe they got to move up for "half price."

"I feel like everybody in the room was shocked," Dolphins owner Stephen Ross told The Miami Herald.

The Dolphins "only" gave up their No. 12 overall pick and the No. 42 overall selection in order to get Dion Jordan. According to the admittedly outdated "trade chart," the Dolphins got a steal.

In Oakland, the emotion was relief rather than elation, according to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. The Raiders planned to take cornerback D.J. Hayden all along. It was a surprise pick, and the Raiders knew they could get Hayden later in the first round.

There's also a difference between not trading up for a QB and trading up for a position player in a draft without a QB.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am wondering if Sir Pace gotta "chubbie" while dining ?

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Pace has been aggressive when there are players that he likes. I don't think he is going to get Chibb without giving up some serious picks.
1. Browns- Darnold
2. Giants- Rosen
3. Jets- Allen
4. Browns- Barkley
5. Broncos- Mayfield
6. Colts- Nelson (Ballard at ND Pro day, major interest)
7. Bucs- Fitzpatrick/Derwin/Ward (Just sunk major major $ and assets in DL with Curry/JPP)
8. Bears- BCHUBB

It’s certainly a possible scenario obviously along with many more putting Chubb in our laps. Leonard Williams dropped to 6 despite being the best player in the draft, and I don’t think Chubb is the best player in the draft.

baredown

Liked Posts:
So, when the Bears went to dinner with Trubisky, they went to great lengths to keep it secret. Translation - you're probably not going to hear about their dinner with the guy that they're really focusing on.

Of course, when they had their dinner with Trubisky, they let him make the reservation. He chose the name James McMahon. Pretty creative. Maybe they really had dinner with Edmunds or Davenport, and he chose the name Chubb...

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Browns- Darnold
2. Giants- Rosen
3. Jets- Allen
4. Browns- Barkley
5. Broncos- Mayfield
6. Colts- Nelson (Ballard at ND Pro day, major interest)
7. Bucs- Fitzpatrick/Derwin/Ward (Just sunk major major $ and assets in DL with Curry/JPP)
8. Bears- BCHUBB

It’s certainly a possible scenario obviously along with many more putting Chubb in our laps. Leonard Williams dropped to 6 despite being the best player in the draft, and I don’t think Chubb is the best player in the draft.

This gives me a Chubby

msadows

Liked Posts:
So, when the Bears went to dinner with Trubisky, they went to great lengths to keep it secret. Translation - you're probably not going to hear about their dinner with the guy that they're really focusing on.

Of course, when they had their dinner with Trubisky, they let him make the reservation. He chose the name James McMahon. Pretty creative. Maybe they really had dinner with Edmunds or Davenport, and he chose the name Chubb...

Thats because the only team picking ahead of the bears was very interested in him too. We wanted to lull them into a sense of security so our player would fall to us. The odds of that happening were relatively high. If the bears telegraphed their interest in taking trubisky then CLE takes him at 1 or trades up the farm to swap with san fran for #2.

There are 7 teams picking ahead of us this year. The bears meetings with kevin white and Leonard floyd were both public. Meeting with Chubb and it being released to the press doesn't mean anything other than that the bears have some interest in him with the #8 pick.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
MISSES PREVIOUS POST WITH BASICALLY SAME MESSSGE

There is a decent chance he makes it to us now.

It's almost guaranteed 4 QB go before our pick, there will be 3 non QB gone as well. This is how it could play out:

Cle-Darnold
NY-BARKLEY
Jets-Rosen
Buf trade up-Mayfield
Den-Allen
Colts-Nelson (protect Luck just as important as pass rush)
Bucs-Fitz-just traded for JPP
Bears-CHUBB and then I have a chubby!!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Unfortunately, I really believe this dream will die after the 2nd pick.