Nagy on Peter King's MMQB Podcast

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bump

Newblood

Liked Posts:
FYI interview starts at about 8:45 on that SI podcast link.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Listened to it. It was pretty good. The fact that Nagy worked so closely with Andy Reid and Doug Pederson, and shares their philosophy on offense is a good thing. We're finally going to see an offense that attacks, an offense that will keep defenses on their toes, and force them to react to what we're doing.

It's 2018, and I'm hoping like hell that the Chicago Bears are finally going to be playing a brand of football from this fucking century. So fucking tired of this old school approach. Football isn't old school anymore. It's a passing league. I've honestly felt like there are teams that are 20 years ahead of us. Nagy could still suck as a head coach, but at least he seems to "get it". I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Listened to it. It was pretty good. The fact that Nagy worked so closely with Andy Reid and Doug Pederson, and shares their philosophy on offense is a good thing. We're finally going to see an offense that attacks, an offense that will keep defenses on their toes, and force them to react to what we're doing.

It's 2018, and I'm hoping like hell that the Chicago Bears are finally going to be playing a brand of football from this fucking century. So fucking tired of this old school approach. Football isn't old school anymore. It's a passing league. I've honestly felt like there are teams that are 20 years ahead of us. Nagy could still suck as a head coach, but at least he seems to "get it". I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
:yep: agreed

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not to mention Nagy has a hell of a combination of forward thinkers and experienced play callers by his side in Helfrich and Childress. There honestly should be no lack of creativity or play calling. The only caveat being the players picking up the playbook fast enough so that they can not be limited on play calling.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Not to mention Nagy has a hell of a combination of forward thinkers and experienced play callers by his side in Helfrich and Childress. There honestly should be no lack of creativity or play calling. The only caveat being he players picking up the playbook fast enough so that they can not be limited on play calling.

I know we all have high hopes, but your point about picking up the playbook, is important to not over look. The reality is that even the smartest players will not be fully entrenched in the offense until year two or three. Coaches and players alike can do things to shorten the learning curve, but the reality is there is ALWAYS a learning curve.

HOWEVER, bringing in Chase, retaining Fangio are two huge factors that will help make this "transition" move along quicker.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Sevvy, you can Shut The Front Door on that old school approach!! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Consider that we will no longer be putting a "batting practice" offense out on the field like we did in 2017.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Consider that we will no longer be putting a "batting practice" offense out on the field like we did in 2017.

I suspect we will see alot of shit most of us have been begging for.