IST: Cubs @ Marlins

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Im waiting for April fool and the real cubs come out and play..

Oh well .. first 4 games , disappointing
Enjoy Easter

Hopefully they figure it out in Cincinnati

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cubs can't get a single run on 6 hits. Miami has 5 runs on 4 hits. #statisticalOddBaseball.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, that was the worst technique I ever saw from a catcher. Did he forget there was a runner on third?

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no, WE SUCK AGAIN!

I get it, it's only 4 games but some of these bad habits we have carried over on offense are a little frustrating. Executing with runners in scoring position will be critical against the Dodgers, Nats, Brewers etc. You only get so many chances against the Kershaws, Strasburgs and Scherzers of the world.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it, it's only 4 games but some of these bad habits we have carried over on offense are a little frustrating. Executing with runners in scoring position will be critical against the Dodgers, Nats, Brewers etc. You only get so many chances against the Kershaws, Strasburgs and Scherzers of the world.

Relax, there is 158 games to go until they matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean look at the bright spots... Heyward's currently hitting .308/.333/.385 and that doesn't appear to be incredibly lucky. His BABIP is a little high at .364 but his walk and K rates are lower than you would expect(6.3 %/18.8 % compared to 8.5 %/13.9 % last year and 9.1 %/15.7 % in 2016). I'd also argue while he doesn't ever have massive power, .385 SLG is a bit low for him. He's a career .412 slugger.

If we're getting a better version of 2017 Heyward(not even saying pre-2016 Heyward just a better 2017) and if Russell continues to have a break out start, when the other guys like Rizzo and willy come around to expectation the offense should look pretty good.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Bunted way to hard there.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, this is just a Baseball God day. Cubs have just peppered the ball all day.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Definitely not a good weekend for the Cubs

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Kinda disappointing we struggled against this team. It was a struggle just to get the damn split.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Waiting for thre Chili Davis effect to kick in.

And I was hoping Javy would be traded in the offseason, I think his trade value will only decline going forward - way too much Alphonso Soriano in his batting approach..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
4 games 4 different lineup inconsistent offense..

8 runs
1 run 17 innings
10 runs 10 innings
0 runs

We talked last year about the offense inconsistency and struggles..i even mentioned i think some of the problem was maddon constant lineup changes..

Some disagreed talking about how their amongst leaders in runs scored and per game average..

These 4 games are example of the point i was making..

We see 4 games 19 runs , almost 5 per average..

This is what they did last year, theyd have high scoring games and suck ass the next.. alot of runs, average stays high but they did good 1 game and bad another..

It an all or nothing team, i just hope as the year plays out, they mature enough to start doing the little things to score runs..
i hope this is what Chili Davis preaches preaches early and often til it clicks..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks is the ace of this staff and should have been given the ball game 1.

You can only give a guy the ball 1 time through the rotation. That is why 1-5 SP is pointless to talk about outside of a play off series.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
4 games 4 different lineup inconsistent offense..

8 runs
1 run 17 innings
10 runs 10 innings
0 runs

We talked last year about the offense inconsistency and struggles..i even mentioned i think some of the problem was maddon constant lineup changes..

Some disagreed talking about how their amongst leaders in runs scored and per game average..

These 4 games are example of the point i was making..

We see 4 games 19 runs , almost 5 per average..

This is what they did last year, theyd have high scoring games and suck ass the next.. alot of runs, average stays high but they did good 1 game and bad another..

It an all or nothing team, i just hope as the year plays out, they mature enough to start doing the little things to score runs..
i hope this is what Chili Davis preaches preaches early and often til it clicks..

There is a core weakess against lefties on the surface. Putting your 2nd best RH hitter on the bench on that day is a major issue I’m looking at.

Then you go into putting Heyward and Schwarber in vs their weaker side.

I get giving Contreras a blow but do it vs a righty vs your line up weakness.

Honestly this could have been better thought out after the 1st game vs a lefty. This team needs to stack vs them.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You can only give a guy the ball 1 time through the rotation. That is why 1-5 SP is pointless to talk about outside of a play off series.
Hendricks earned Opening Day.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks earned Opening Day.

Come on now. 1 time through the rotation. Shoot if Chattwood tosses a 1 hitter are you going to bang his drum next?

I normally start to get concerned by mid May on any player. If they are below par to that point then it is time to care.