Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's only two games but it's great see our young team have two comeback, road victories to start the season.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Great to see these young bats step up and deliver after getting behind early. This team seems to have a lot of fun - a young team with a really nice core playing with a don't quit carefree attitude can be a dangerous thing. Was looking forward to the game today - alas the weather.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hoping we just don't give up. Ricky keeps them doing the little things we should be just fine. Baby steps.

But we are the last undefeated team in the American League and have been in first place for five days now. :)

Magic Number is down to 160. :lol:

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hoping we just don't give up. Ricky keeps them doing the little things we should be just fine. Baby steps.

But we are the last undefeated team in the American League and have been in first place for five days now. :)

Magic Number is down to 160. :lol:

Haven't you heard?

Ricky's boys don't quit.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
We've already gotten a couple nice starts from Giolito and Lopez.

Lopez threw 6 innings and only allowed 1 ER and 2 hits the other night. Giolito had a rough begging to his first start; didn't have his best stuff. Walked the bases loaded and walked one in in the first. Still he fought, and managed to keep us in the game that we ended up winning. That's what I like to see. Even without his best stuff he had a solid outing.

Can't speak on Fulmer's start from last night because I didn't watch it.

But that's what I'm excited about this season: seeing our young pitchers develop.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Fulmer had a nice start with decent movement

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lopez was even better yesterday. Tough loss...

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We are going to have a lot of ups and downs this year. We are at best a .500 club today, which means yes, probably a 75 win team. That's fine. Trust the process. If we are still a 75 win team in 2020 and are not seeing the kids develop, pessimism can come in.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That one boneheaded play by Leury Garcia cast a shadow on the whole Tigers series.

Lopez looks great.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That one boneheaded play by Leury Garcia cast a shadow on the whole Tigers series.

Lopez looks great.

That really was a little league move. It was a terrible way to lose the home opener or any game for that matter.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Man this season has taken a turn for the worst.

Didn't expect us to compete for the division, or even wildcard heading into the season, but I didn't expect us to be this far in the shitter either.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Chris Sale is like a top 10 pitcher in the history of the game. Gadz this is fun. Too bad he disrespected and threatened some jersey's.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Man this season has taken a turn for the worst.

Didn't expect us to compete for the division, or even wildcard heading into the season, but I didn't expect us to be this far in the shitter either.

Uh, don't know what you really expected then. This team was going to suck, hard. 95% of their rebuilding core is still in the farm system. Most of the major league roster is comprised of spot-fillers on minimum-contracts. Basically, the Sox have the lowest payroll in the majors and are buying time until guys like Jimenez, Robert, Kopech, Cease, Dunning, Rutherford, Adolfo, Burger, Hansen, etc. are ready to get moved up.

Until then, this team is going to suck, and I mean, REALLY suck.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Chris Sale is like a top 10 pitcher in the history of the game. Gadz this is fun. Too bad he disrespected and threatened some jersey's.

Okay.

A) No he isn't. Sale is an elite pitcher, but top 10 ALL TIME!? Are you high?

B) Sale is a great pitcher, but keep in mind that because of that trade, the White Sox received Moncada, who has already established himself as a damn good two-way infielder. Add in Kopech, who has ace-potential and Basabe who has been tearing it up in WS. This was a win-win trade.