IST: Cubs @ Reds

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching Heyward and Baez whiff back-to-back is just rough to watch, I am so through with Javy Soriano.

Chili Davis should be fired before this game ends.

Heyward looked like a zombie after the last K, he didn't even have a reaction just kept to chew the gum

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I get why people are down on Heyward and he probably hasn't earned faith in him improving. But I will point out that historically it takes him a while to get into his swing. His worst month based on career numbers by far is Mar/April where he's hit .233/.320/.389(96 wRC+). Every other month he's been over 100 wRC+. So, struggling early if it weren't for the past two years being underwhelming wouldn't be that surprising. I still think he'll be better than he was last year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For real though, I'm not gonna sit here after 5 games and say Happ needs to be benched but they really need to figure something else out for lead off if he's not going to hit. Problem is the only other two logical options are Zobrist and Almora which if you're playing daily is meaning one and or both of Happ and Baez are sitting. And of all the people, Schwarber save for one game vs a LHP is basically the only cub hitting besides Bryant and Russell. Suppose you could try Schwarber there again... not confident in that though.

Happs swing is too long. And too many Ks.

This team talked HR record during ST. Try getting some fucking singles and doubles!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

This team talked HR record during ST. Try getting some fucking singles and doubles!

Honestly at this point I'd rather see Zobrist at the top of the order for a bit. I'm an Almora guy so I wouldn't mind him hitting lead off vs LHP but I feel like you have a lot of guys still figuring stuff out. I think Zobrist is a guy you can just plug in and he'll give you decent at bats even if results don't come. Right now I'm not seeing that out of Happ. If they wanna play him fine but bat him like... 7th or 8th and let him find himself and get going.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Glad i didnt stay home to watch that crap...

5 games played 2 shutouts and 1 run in a 17 inning game..

Record for most Ks in first 5 games of season

Offense looks just as bad as they did for most of last year..

I know it gonna get better but damn , it the Marlins and Reds not the Nationals and Dodgers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
On the plus side, Chatwood's start wasn't *that* bad. Clearly way too many walks but the rest you can live with out of a #5.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If someone had told me that the Cubs would score 0 in back to back against the Marlins and the Reds i probably would have pissed my pants for laughing too much

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last year Kobe hit 295 and only had 73 RBI, no one gets on base in front of him, we really need to solve the leadoff problem

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Maybe give Happ through the homestand to get it going, if not...
Iowa to figure it out again and let Almora get the opportunity to run with it

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Last year Kobe hit 295 and only had 73 RBI, no one gets on base in front of him, we really need to solve the leadoff problem
Not just the leadoff problem...

Bryant bats 2nd, so it also the 7 and 8 hitter that not getting on much either..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Thank god we were able to get Chili Davis

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not just the leadoff problem...

Bryant bats 2nd, so it also the 7 and 8 hitter that not getting on much either..

Yeah 7th and 8th named Heyward and Baez, and while of course i'm disapointed at both i think i am more with Baez, yeah he cut the K % but to me he always looks wild like a rookie there in the batting box, sometimes wild in a positive way but most of the times in a negative one, i hope he can finally grow up. Heyward is what he is, a gold glove right fielder that wouldn't hit a beach ball

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yeah 7th and 8th named Heyward and Baez, and while of course i'm disapointed at both i think i am more with Baez, yeah he cut the K % but to me he always looks wild like a rookie there in the batting box, sometimes wild in a positive way but most of the times in a negative one, i hope he can finally grow up.
I got a feeling unless there improvement , were going to see a couple different players in lineup next year..
Id like to say before deadline, just not sure if they can make that type of deal then..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Woof... what a loss.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I got a feeling unless there improvement , were going to see a couple different players in lineup next year..
Id like to say before deadline, just not sure if they can make that type of deal then..

I don't want to give up on Baez just yet but if someone wants Heyward i would get rid of him in a hurry considering his salary

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Same ol offense, or lack thereof..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't want to give up on Baez just yet but if someone wants Heyward i would get rid of him in a hurry considering his salary
I dont want them to give up on him either..
I just think if there no improvement by him and and or others, we just may see a little change..