CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I just said he was pressing too hard. Not sure why that requires a big sample size.
Because Schwarber's issue was for a whole season or Schwarber wouldn't even be worth the mention.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Say what? First of all you don't "make" anyone go the other way, it's either something they can do consistently or not. A guy like Matt Adams basically got defeated by the shift and has ended up a bench player, it happens. Other guys like Big Papi simply beat the shift by going oppo just enough. Neither Rizzo nor Bryant need to concentrate on hitting oppo because of their success as pull hitters and frankly hitting the ball hard to center. While I agree that Happ probably does need to show that he can beat the shift, that's not a team issue it should be a personal goal.

sure you do. Start hitting the ball where it is pitched and stop pulling everything or you will be benched. Where are these guys ego's going to be in 3 years. They only get days off when they want them and dont need to listen to anyone because they think every time they swing its going over the fence? Thats what Houston has that the cubs dont, situational hitters. Even making an out the other way moves up runners, instead we usually see a K.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Because Schwarber's issue was for a whole season or Schwarber wouldn't even be worth the mention.

Only mentioned Schwarber as an example that it happens to young extremely talented hitters regardless of skill. The point I'm making is guys that young thrust into important roles will often try to do to much and go into slumps. IIRC Maddon had Baez in the 2 hole when he first came up too and Baez wasn't particularly good then either. Bryant was an exception but in general I prefer to have more vet players at the top of a line up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Only mentioned Schwarber as an example that it happens to young extremely talented hitters regardless of skill. The point I'm making is guys that young thrust into important roles will often try to do to much and go into slumps. IIRC Maddon had Baez in the 2 hole when he first came up too and Baez wasn't particularly good then either. Bryant was an exception but in general I prefer to have more vet players at the top of a line up.

About the strongest opinion on the subject. Rest is just finding fires to put out and overboard reaction.

Here is the thing: Major league pitching is supposed to get you out. If you are behind the curve. And we all have been there when we start a new situation. You have a adjustment period. Talent is normally the key to adjustment time. Many never really rebound after getting eaten up.

It is so easy to be a armchair quarterback.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So it's only 20 PAs and you'd really like to see 100-125 before you make too much of it but Schwarber thus far has really made a nice dent in his k rate. He's currently at 15.0%/25.0% bb/k rate on the season. If he stays there it would be very very nice. Last year he was at 12.1%/30.9%. This spring he was at 12.9%/27.4% over 62 PAs. So, at the very least it does seem like there's some improvement there more than just short sample size.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So it's only 20 PAs and you'd really like to see 100-125 before you make too much of it but Schwarber thus far has really made a nice dent in his k rate. He's currently at 15.0%/25.0% bb/k rate on the season. If he stays there it would be very very nice. Last year he was at 12.1%/30.9%. This spring he was at 12.9%/27.4% over 62 PAs. So, at the very least it does seem like there's some improvement there more than just short sample size.

His swing looks fantastic.