IST: Cubs @ Brewers

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I believe most of you said that last year for Schwarber.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
He's looking worst than Schwarber was last year. Something needs to change with Happ soon!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He's looking worst than Schwarber was last year. Something needs to change with Happ soon!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I agree...

It one thing if he just making outs with contact but he striking out 3-4 times a game..

I think theyll give him through the homestand to get it going, otherwise as i said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him go down

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs in 3 wins..
10 runs
8 runs
8 runs

Cubs in 3 losses..
1 run
0 run
0 run

All or nothing so far...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Aguilar had three hits and Brewers as a team had four.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cubs in 3 wins..
10 runs
8 runs
8 runs

Cubs in 3 losses..
1 run
0 run
0 run

All or nothing so far...

Would love to see more consistency. More 8’s would be good.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Given the way russell is hitting currently would anyone be upset to see him bat lead off? Like I've made the case that I probably would let Zobrist do it given Happ's struggles but honestly Russell seems fairly interesting too especially if he's hitting well. He'll take walks and if his lower k rate is real this year that could be pretty interesting.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Given the way russell is hitting currently would anyone be upset to see him bat lead off? Like I've made the case that I probably would let Zobrist do it given Happ's struggles but honestly Russell seems fairly interesting too especially if he's hitting well. He'll take walks and if his lower k rate is real this year that could be pretty interesting.

Still a bit early. But I would guess that they would go with Zobrist first. He has come out of the gate hot. If they feel that Happ needs to work on his game then they could platoon Heyward and Almora in CF and run Zo in RF with La Sorta filling in at 2B when needed.

I’m pretty sure that they would prefer Happ working out of his slump but if it a mechanical issue then it would be better to take him out and rework it away from competition.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I was thinking the same earlier tonight watching him bat. He won't win a batting title, but he seems so much more controlled than a Schwarber or Happ. (And they are more power hitters, so it's understandable)

Will he walk enough? Hit enough? He's not Ricky Henderson (who is?), but he's a better option than the K machines.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would rather keep Russell where he is at. Just let the kid hit and hit. I loved his swing in MiLB. It's simple. I wouldn't change a thing and I wouldn't do something that may change his mental focus from what it is right now.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I would rather keep Russell where he is at. Just let the kid hit and hit. I loved his swing in MiLB. It's simple. I wouldn't change a thing and I wouldn't do something that may change his mental focus from what it is right now.

Completely agree. I'd like to see a combination of Zo with Almora against lefties in the leadoff spot. If guys like Russell and Heyward are finding their groove further down in the order leave them be.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Completely agree. I'd like to see a combination of Zo with Almora against lefties in the leadoff spot. If guys like Russell and Heyward are finding their groove further down in the order leave them be.

Pretty much:

Vrs L

Happ
Zo
Bryant
Rizzo
Contreras
Russell
Almora
Baez

Vrs R

Zo
Bryant
Rizzo
Contreras
Schwarber
Russell
Heyward
Happ

It would be tempting to bat the pitcher 8 right now honestly until Happ gets it together.

It is early still and Bryant leads the team with 9 hits and 3 hits are shared by many players not just Happ.

Even Rizzo is slumping and I’m really not seeing this bandwagon on him. Baez 3 hits.

Season is early and 1 good 4-4 day makes a dud look like a stud

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Pretty much:

Vrs L

Happ
Zo
Bryant
Rizzo
Contreras
Russell
Almora
Baez

Vrs R

Zo
Bryant
Rizzo
Contreras
Schwarber
Russell
Heyward
Happ

It would be tempting to bat the pitcher 8 right now honestly until Happ gets it together.

It is early still and Bryant leads the team with 9 hits and 3 hits are shared by many players not just Happ.

Even Rizzo is slumping and I’m really not seeing this bandwagon on him. Baez 3 hits.

Season is early and 1 good 4-4 day makes a dud look like a stud

Yeah, I'd have Almora in that leadoff spot against lefties. His OBP was over .400 last year. I wouldn't have Happ in the leadoff spot again unless there's some sort of dire need.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why not just bat the pitcher at leadoff since it will be an out anyway? ��

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since we are going off 5 games. Baez is tied for second on the team in walks. Is tied or has less strikeouts then kris Bryant, Anthony rizzo, Ian hall, Kyle schwarber, and Wilson Contreras. How you like dem apples???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Since we are going off 5 games. Baez is tied for second on the team in walks. Is tied or has less strikeouts then kris Bryant, Anthony rizzo, Ian hall, Kyle schwarber, and Wilson Contreras. How you like dem apples???

When you bat ahead of Lester why not walk him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you bat ahead of Lester why not walk him.

No doubt. His two rbi single and excellent base running made the Brewers go to sleep

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

iPads are still scared on his throws. Going to take years for that fear to subside

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'd have Almora in that leadoff spot against lefties. His OBP was over .400 last year. I wouldn't have Happ in the leadoff spot again unless there's some sort of dire need.

I’m kinda old school. Higher OBA means higher PA’s.

Happ is struggling. He should be restricted some until he is not struggling.

Now going back to the pitcher hitting 8 kinda makes sense because it pushes Happ back to hitting 9 which lowers his AB’s which goes along with the lower OBA.

Now leading off I would go with Zo. They need to run with him as the lead off.

So with that thought:

Zo: 2B/RF
Bryant: 3B
Rizzo: 1B
Contreras: C
Schwarber: LF/ Almora CF
Russell: SS
Heyward: RF/Baez 2B
Pitcher
Happ: CF/LF

Now Schwarber, Heyward, Baez and Almora would be used vs their strong sides and used as PH options later game on their off days.

The way I look at it Happ is the long term and Zo is not but you have to get Happ online with constant play because Zo is injury prone and there is no realistic long term option in-house.

Schwarber/Baez/Almora are just fingers in the damn.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
DaH5IncX4AEeXVz.jpg