Was MJ the Bulls GM?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Krause was terrible. Well, he was able to construct a team around Michael Jordan so he wasn’t completely useless...although how hard is that really? But when it came time to build a team from scratch he was completely inept. He was also close to letting MJ walk to the Knicks and also close to trading Pippen. Not to mention the Bulls were broken up about a year or two before they should have been. Although I put that on JR just as much as Krause but still....

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Couple of things I would add. I think Jordan most definitely meddled, but it was less accepted. No one knows how Jordan would have been if he had played in a league like we have today. From what I understand he was an insufferable dbag. I can't imagine in today's world instant communication world and constant surveillance he would have fared nearly as well as James.

That said, Lebron James is overrated as a basketball player. He is not the second best player ever. Top 10 without a doubt. Maybe even top 5. People talk about him as a lock second best, but I just don't see it. yes his athleticism is nearly unparalleled, but athletes always get bigger, stronger, faster. Comparing him to his peers, he is just not nearly as some of the other guys.

Onto Shawn Kemp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARoyYN3Ce0

For me, Kemp could have been the best PF ever if he would have landed in a place like Utah (assuming a more structured organization and coach could have kept him right.) He had the greatest combination of athleticism/skill/size/length of any player in the 90s. He also supposedly had a bad cocaine, alcohol, and pie habit. The fact he was putting up 19/12 in the most competitive era at one of the deepest positions while on a diet of cocaine, whiskey and pie is pretty remarkable.

When I think back of players who were right there on the verge of being one of the greatest ever and then self destructed I think of Kemp. He was set to be next level. He got up to 300 pounds in Clevland and was still putting 18/10.

*I don't know if it was really pie, I think it was just really unhealthy foods.

A big part of his problem was that he was dumb as shit and was a follower. My grandma tutored him while he was in high school and still to this day she says he's by far the dumbest person she's ever met. From what I hear he was always a good dude, he would just do pretty much anything anyone would ask him to.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Krause was terrible. Well, he was able to construct a team around Michael Jordan so he wasn’t completely useless...although how hard is that really? But when it came time to build a team from scratch he was completely inept. He was also close to letting MJ walk to the Knicks and also close to trading Pippen. Not to mention the Bulls were broken up about a year or two before they should have been. Although I put that on JR just as much as Krause but still....

It's pretty hard to create a winning team even with a good player. Just as the cavs how hard it is the build a winner around lebron. 6 championships in 8 years is better than what any other gm could have done.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure MJ mentioned to Reinsdork what the team needed and Reinsdork directed Krause in that general direction. That is the relationship Reinsdork has with his players, he buys friends. Look at how much Rose works out at the advocate center.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure MJ mentioned to Reinsdork what the team needed and Reinsdork directed Krause in that general direction. That is the relationship Reinsdork has with his players, he buys friends. Look at how much Rose works out at the advocate center.

MJ did ask for players. MJ is one of the worst talent evaluators

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It's pretty hard to create a winning team even with a good player. Just as the cavs how hard it is the build a winner around lebron. 6 championships in 8 years is better than what any other gm could have done.

Really? No other GM could have done that after inheriting Michael Jordan? Lol...

I tell you what, no other GM would have broken that team up a year early. They could have won another one. But just look what happened when MJ was gone and he had to build a team from scratch....year after year with top picks and never even sniffed success. Pax had to come in and clean up the mess.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
[/B]

Really? No other GM could have done that after inheriting Michael Jordan? Lol...

I tell you what, no other GM would have broken that team up a year early. They could have won another one. But just look what happened when MJ was gone and he had to build a team from scratch....year after year with top picks and never even sniffed success. Pax had to come in and clean up the mess.

Yep. I agree the team might not have been broken up, but it would not have been made in the first place. It's the same argument used against phil jackson. Many people say he isnt a good coach because he had the best players. It still doesn't matter. Good coaches win with good players.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Jordan complained about Krause to Reinsdorf. He wanted Krause fired and Reinsdorf refused. Jordan helped make Pippen the great player he was, which helped Jordan become a champion. Phil was Krause's doing...Jordan had nothing to do with that. Phil was a big help in getting Jordan to trust his teammates. Players Jordan didn't want were not on the team, or were not allowed back on the team...like Reggie Theus...because Jordan said no...period. Lebron is getting away with much more and has more power...but would Lebron have had that power with Chicago? I doubt it....especially AFTER Jordan's era. As far as getting players blacklisted...I think letting Craig Hodges get blackballed from the league and saying nothing is worse than what Lebron did to West...IMO. I think at times Lebron acts like a petulent child while Jordan was just plain mean...