"How Saquon Barkley grades vs. elite running backs I've scouted"

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He's special, the best of a bunch of great prospects in the last few years in my opinion. I would be pretty surprised to see him call out of the top 5.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least Mcshay admitted being wrong about Trent Richardson. I can respect that .

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who fucking cares, we're not getting him

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I've just never been wowed by him. Besides leaping over defenders ever chance he gets (not going to work in the NFL) I just don't see anything special...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Better athlete than a RB.

He will be good, just not this generational type back everyone keeps saying.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I've just never been wowed by him. Besides leaping over defenders ever chance he gets (not going to work in the NFL) I just don't see anything special...

You are, or course, entitled to your opinion, but I think you must just be playing the contrarian. He has a unique combination of balance, speed, explosiveness and lateral agility. He's also an exceptional receiver who has a chance to be a Marshall Faulk style mismatch. I don't think he's a perfect prospect or anything, he definitely has flaws that are being glossed over. But his talent is literally undeniable.

Leddy

Liked Posts:

When posting a link to an article, it's typically expected to include a brief summary. "Very good read" doesn't really fit that criteria. Nevertheless, I took the bait, and wasn't too impressed.

For those who want a quick recap.... The article lists some of Todd Mcshay's "top rated" propsects, dating back as far as 2007. He has Barkley tied with Trent Richardson at a 97 rating, one spot behind Adrian Peterson (98). Next closest is Zeke at a 93. No grading criteria is given. Not too sure how this is Bears related...

AussieBear

Aussiebear done hit on mo rbs than mcshay n kiper combined..

what is aussies opinion on the barkley.. aint got one.. aint scouting no mo..

but me gut be saying......rb......these... ... and... these....... fucking people..

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When posting a link to an article, it's typically expected to include a brief summary. "Very good read" doesn't really fit that criteria. Nevertheless, I took the bait, and wasn't too impressed.

For those who want a quick recap.... The article lists some of Todd Mcshay's "top rated" propsects, dating back as far as 2007. He has Barkley tied with Trent Richardson at a 97 rating, one spot behind Adrian Peterson (98). Next closest is Zeke at a 93. No grading criteria is given. Not too sure how this is Bears related...

Next time read the thread subject so you don't look so foolish. And knock off the pompous attitude...

Leddy

Liked Posts:
Next time read the thread subject so you don't look so foolish. And knock off the pompous attitude...

LOL you mad, bro? I read the title, it wasn't very informative. If you start your own thread on a message board citing an article, it is proper etiquette to give a brief summary of said article. Furthermore, this is not bears related. Calm your tits.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So Barkley is more Larry Johnson than Blair Thomas or Ki-Jana Carter?

Sammich

Liked Posts:
LOL you mad, bro? I read the title, it wasn't very informative. If you start your own thread on a message board citing an article, it is proper etiquette to give a brief summary of said article. Furthermore, this is not bears related. Calm your tits.

Or you could just opt to not open the thread and waste your time preaching on what you feel is the proper "etiquette" on a Bears forum. You are a fan of the Red Wings, Tigers and Pistons.... maybe you should just be a Lions fan as well :thinking::thinking:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better athlete than a RB.

He will be good, just not this generational type back everyone keeps saying.

My view as well. If used correctly, he can pile up a bunch of yards both catching and wide but I'd rather have Jordan between the tackles. Oh, and McShay is kinda useless. Worst of the talking draft heads.

Leddy

Liked Posts:
Or you could just opt to not open the thread and waste your time preaching on what you feel is the proper "etiquette" on a Bears forum. You are a fan of the Red Wings, Tigers and Pistons.... maybe you should just be a Lions fan as well :thinking::thinking:

You forgot to mention THE Ohio State Unversity.... But anyway, the title lured me in. No need to get sour, I’m just saying that it is expected to give some context to what you’re sharing. You guys all want to make fun of Dez for starting a million threads, but at least he has the courtesy to educate us about his find. That is all.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears will take a RB in the draft, including Barkley even though this is a fairly deep RB class. Cunningham had 20 catches - 240 yards last year compared to Howard's 23 catches - 125 yard. Not that Cunningham is a better RB, just more well rounded, additionally Mizzell will get a chance to shine in Preseason again. Oh yeah we have the human joystick to, and I am more excited about what Nagy will do with him than any other RB on the roster.