Chubb at #8 or trade down to 12

jive

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Nelson, since he's a safe pick with generational talent. However, I think what we need to get to the next level is someone who can take over a game on defense and make the rest of the team better. We haven't had that since Urlacher. If they pan out, Chubb or Davenport could consistently wreak havoc in the backfield. Edmunds could be all over the place making plays if he lives up to his potential. Ward can shut down an entire side in the passing game if he doesn't bust. Those are the guys we really need. Nelson is great and would totally improve the run game on day 1, but we'd still need a play maker on D. I think D-backs are deep in this draft, and we could probably find one in later rounds. But, this draft isn't deep with pass rushers at defensive end. So, it's imperative to get one early since it's a position of need that's not deep in this draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've always said my dream (albeit a pipe dream) scenario is 5 QB's and Nelson going before eight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

28r7c5.jpg

It isn't happening but if he's there, you take Chubb.

Tonight I will dream of a Chubb.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
It's entirely possible that Chubb could be available at #8.
Draft can go like this:
1. CLE - Allen
2. NYG - Darnold
3. NYJ - Mayfield
4. CLE - Barkley
5. DEN - Rosen
6. IND - Nelson
7. TB - Fitzpatrick

That leaves Chubb available for the Bears, which would be awesome. A top 3 talent in most other drafts. He's the type of play maker we need to improve the pass rush and make an immediate improvement to the defense. I'd be totally stoked if this happened.

However, if Chubb is taken, that means another QB will be available. That means the Bears are in a great position to trade down with BUF and still get a great defensive prospect that fills a need. At 12, the Bears are guaranteed to get either Edmunds, Ward or Davenport. Any of those 3 would improve the defense, while giving the Bears 1-2 extra picks.

This could be a really good draft.

I think someone was 420ing it up a bit early!

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I still look at this draft as only 2-3 QB's going before the Bears and 2-3 on the board when the clock starts for Chicago. I don't think Mayfield will get drafted before the Bears pick, simply because I just don't see him as a franchise QB. I feel the same about Rosen too. I know he has all the tools, but watching some of his games last year, I got the feeling he was very lucky and didn't make the best decisions with the ball. I could see him drop a bit, some team will think they can fix those things, but I see a risk taker. I know some team will love him, but will it be in the top 5? I could see him on the board at 8. That would be the best scenario for the Bears, imo. They'd have a great skilled position player on the board and 2 QB's that teams would covet (Rosen/Mayfield).

The way I view the top 10, Chubb is off the board in the top 5-6 picks, no matter what.

Splackers

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt Chubb will be there. If Derwin James is there he should be the pick. I get that safety isnt a need but you don't pass up on a guy like James because you have a guy like Adrian Amos. James is much more than a safety and a perfect fit for the pass happy NFL. He can cover TE with ease and since we have to face Jimmy Grahm and Kyle Rudolph twice a year thats a good thing. He can rush the passer when needed at an elite level. Let's also not forget that Nagy has seen the immense impact Eric Berry has on games and how much the Chiefs dropped off once he got hurt. That is the type of player that Derwin. I'm praying that the Bucs don't take him so we can.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I highly doubt Chubb will be there. If Derwin James is there he should be the pick. I get that safety isnt a need but you don't pass up on a guy like James because you have a guy like Adrian Amos. James is much more than a safety and a perfect fit for the pass happy NFL. He can cover TE with ease and since we have to face Jimmy Grahm and Kyle Rudolph twice a year thats a good thing. He can rush the passer when needed at an elite level. Let's also not forget that Nagy has seen the immense impact Eric Berry has on games and how much the Chiefs dropped off once he got hurt. That is the type of player that Derwin. I'm praying that the Bucs don't take him so we can.
You say "safety isn't a need", but then you say take a safety when we have so many needs. Worst post ever. You need to go to the beginners forum and practice for a couple of years until you understand something about the NFL

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

James is my guy too. I think the guy will be a disruptive force. Better to go for a difference maker than to draft just another guy who may not make a difference....those guys are available later in the draft.

Splackers

Liked Posts:
You say "safety isn't a need", but then you say take a safety when we have so many needs. Worst post ever. You need to go to the beginners forum and practice for a couple of years until you understand something about the NFL

You need to go back to the beginner forum and understand what "" around a phrase means. You must be one of the "experts" that think we are set at safety.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You need to go back to the beginner forum and understand what "" around a phrase means. You must be one of the "experts" that think we are set at safety.
Safety is hardly a pressing need....duh....learn something about the draft