trade up

hester247

Liked Posts:
IMO i am all about getting the biggest impact player they can get instead of a bunch of mediocre players.. I would offer up #8, #105, #115, #145 which has value of 1693 for pick #5 and then draft Chubb or Nelson....you can then trade down in 2nd rd to recoup some picks..

Mitchapalooza

giphy.gif

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So you want to give away the entire draft for 1 player, and one of those players is a guard? Can you even begin to fathom how stupid that is?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp. You can pick up a top tier player at 8 without needing to move anywhere in the draft and still pick up a potential fringe first round talent that slide into the 2nd round with our 39th overall pick. Giving up all those picks to get one player is a really tough pill to swallow.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
IMO i am all about getting the biggest impact player they can get instead of a bunch of mediocre players.. I would offer up #8, #105, #115, #145 which has value of 1693 for pick #5 and then draft Chubb or Nelson....you can then trade down in 2nd rd to recoup some picks..
Jordan Howard is mediocre adrian amos is mediocre tarik Cohen is mediocre eddie jackson is mediocre etc

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So you want to give away the entire draft for 1 player, and one of those players is a guard? Can you even begin to fathom how stupid that is?
If you want to talk about stupid, then how about your Mock Draft from the other day?

hester247

Liked Posts:
you all act like Ryan Pace doesnt trade up in 1st rd to get his guy..I am just saying imo 2 best players are Chubb and Nelson

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you all act like Ryan Pace doesnt trade up in 1st rd to get his guy..I am just saying imo 2 best players are Chubb and Nelson

Do you even remember what Pace paid to trade up to draft Floyd? A 4th round pick. Only a 4th round pick to move from 11th to 9th overall. That is the sort of trade up Pace makes. Not a trade up from 8th to 5th that costs him the majority of his draft.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No need. Sit at #8 and we likely get a top player at some position of need on some side of the ball. If we're really lucky we'll have a choice of that player and side of the ball.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
A good player will be at 8. At this point it really doesn't matter what position they play. Pace just needs to hit this pick badly. Thus far he has White, Floyd, and Trubisky. White has been a no show. Floyd is getting injury prone. Trubs is really all he has but there is a TON of work there still. Pace can't take a project. He needs a guy that will be a starter at the minimum for a solid 5 years plus (not even at a Pro Bowl level is acceptable at this point). That's how poor Pace has been in the 1st.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Chubb if he falls to 8, then trade away the rest of the draft to pick up Nelson at 9.

Totally going to happen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like we got an idiot trade up clown...are you Ryan Pace?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah....

we need 2 OLB'S one starter one depth, a back-up C, a starting guard, a starting DE, another young defensive back, and a developmental offensive tackle, and a back-up QB. And maybe a RB or a young NT.

We need more picks not less. We need to not trade them away to do exactly nothing, and we need to actually exploit the compensatory draft system through timely trades of contracts in both acquisition and letting go (like everybody else). And then have a binge year where you buy all these 4 year contracts at the same time(that expire at the same time meaning you will let some go that year) then that year comes up and you don't buy any free agents. You just let go. Then the NFL rewards you. The next year you binge for all your needs.

Everyone else does it but us. Everyone else has 10 picks.

We can address 5 positions. We have 8 desires. And 2 glaring needs.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think it's worth it to trade up to get Chubb/Nelson while keeping the 2nd round pick. They rest of the picks aren't guaranteed to see the field anyways. Chubb in round 1 followed by a guard like Hernandez in round 2 would be nice.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah....

we need 2 OLB'S one starter one depth, a back-up C, a starting guard, a starting DE, another young defensive back, and a developmental offensive tackle, and a back-up QB. And maybe a RB or a young NT.

We need more picks not less. We need to not trade them away to do exactly nothing, and we need to actually exploit the compensatory draft system through timely trades of contracts in both acquisition and letting go (like everybody else). And then have a binge year where you buy all these 4 year contracts at the same time(that expire at the same time meaning you will let some go that year) then that year comes up and you don't buy any free agents. You just let go. Then the NFL rewards you. The next year you binge for all your needs.

Everyone else does it but us. Everyone else has 10 picks.

We can address 5 positions. We have 8 desires. And 2 glaring needs.

Remind me. What team is rebuilding and acquiring compensatory draft picks?

Tostada

Liked Posts:
:deer:..just plain ole mierda...Pace drafts in the fourth like a cabron...

CaimanTierraFL

Liked Posts:

Oh Im sure Pace has plans for that.....good call!!

CHRIS BALLARD CAN YOU PLEASE STEP UP!!