Trubisky analysis

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao, first 3 of 4 GIFs were all negated by a penalty or WR going OOB, but were beautiful throws. Poor Trubisky.

Edit: This is a solid thread. Might give @Adipost a run for his money. Trubisky could be a special player, but he needs to be more consistent. If he can do this shit consistently, then we might actually have a QB.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I liked what I saw last year out of him. This year will be very telling with a new HC and actual weapons around him. I'm definitely drinking the Kool-Aid this year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, all I could think of was how Howard managed to catch the ball when he's getting tackled behind the line.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
so many dropped passes, most of them by Howard. A rb that can catch the ball will really help Mitch's development

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just image Trubisky with receivers that are quick and can find a soft spot in the defense.....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Trubisky throws off his back foot a lot in those vids. Still accurate though.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Still don't get how that 3rd pass was offensive PI...

But most importantly, holy hell those play designs are so bad! How many of those clips had at least 2 WRs literally running next to each other or running into each other with terrible timing, often right down the middle of the field. I just don't get what kind of offense Fox and Loggains even tried to create in Chicago.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
One of the most accurate at seam throws too. He could take a stupid huge leap next year.

Out of shared excitement, let's map out what a good leap, huge leap, and stupid huge leap would be for The Biscuit. Last year, he his 183 ypg, 7 TDs, 7 INTs on 60% completion.

A modest step for Trubisky is to get 3200 yards through the air (200 yards a game). Robinson, Shaheen and Burton could get him 2400 of those yards with reasonable production (1200 for Robinson, 600 from each TE). Cohen, Gabriel, and White should do more than the other 800 yards to hit this 3200 yard goal. Bellamy can get 1 catch for 5 yards and contribute too, I guess. Last year, only 20 QBs threw for better than 3200 yards.

Is a huge leap 225 passing ypg (3600 yards)? only 11 QBs did better than that, with Blake Bortles being #11.

Is a stupid huge leap 250 ypg? Only 8 did better than 4000 yards. The last of those was Alex Smith, who played in the offense we expect to be playing in. In KC's offense, they had Tyreek Hill getting 1183 yards. Barring for injury, I can see Robinson doing right around there or better. Kelce hit 1038 yards, I think Shaheen and Burton can each chip in 500 yards or better - on a 10 yard/catch average, that is 3 catches a game. Albert Wilson threw in 554 yards, Gabriel can do better than that if he averages 40 yards a game. Kareem Hunt added 455 yards, which Cohen can top by averaging 30 yards per game. They had two players get between 200-225 receiving yards. If White stays healthy (big prayers here), he can also average 30 yards per game and top their combined contribution. Nobody else on the Chief's roster got more than 16 catches, or one per game. KCs lowest contributor got 18 yards on 2 catches, which I think Bellamy can handle on 3 receptions.

Taking my fan glasses off, topping 4000 yards is a tall order for a second year QB in a new system, but breaking down those numbers makes it look achievable if we can stay healthy. We are asking everyone to take a step forward in their personal production, but that doesnt seem like a big ask to me since Gabriel, Burton and Shaheen are getting expanded roles over what they had had in the past. In the end, I am expecting him to hit between the 3200 and 3600 benchmarks, with 20 passing TDs and fewer than 15 INTs, and I would call that a big step forward for a man of his experience.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Stupid huge with fan glasses ON would be 4,000+, 26 tds 12 ints 10 win season. While attainable, the prob and stats are against it... Add the Bears luck in there with the prob and stats, and he'll play 4-5 games, get hurt for the season and leave more questions than answers for 2019.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Stupid huge with fan glasses ON would be 4,000+, 26 tds 12 ints 10 win season. While attainable, the prob and stats are against it...Add the Bears luck in there with the prob and stats, and he'll play 4-5 games, get hurt for the season and leave more questions than answers for 2019.
giphy.gif

Washington

Liked Posts:
I do think Trubs will be the 1st Bear to hit 4k yards passing. That organizational streak of ineptitude has to end eventually. I don't think it happens this year though.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
stupid huge with fan glasses on would be 4,000+, 26 tds 12 ints 10 win season. While attainable, the prob and stats are against it... Add the bears luck in there with the prob and stats, and he'll play 4-5 games, get hurt for the season and leave more questions than answers for 2019.

dont you put that on me, ricky bobby!!!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watson & Jimmy G dicklickers won't like this thread