Ogbonnia okoronkwo

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I saw him working at the Senor Bowl practice he was consistently BEATING every left tackle he was up against ..... this While Davenport was NOT getting past the right tackles he was going against. At that practice I watched, Davenport did not look good at all.

ALSO at that practice though..... WYNN looked like he is gonna be a SPECIAL talent when moved to GUARD !!

I think we should go EDMUNDs at 8 .... as long as we can pick up Wynn or Hernandez at 39 AND/OR trade down and ALSO Get someone of either Hernandez or Wynn's CALIBER and then with the highest tradedown pick SNAG this guy OKO

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2018profiles/Ogbonnia.Okoronkwo.htm

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think Wynn will be there at #39. I've got him as a top 20 player.

Okoronkwo is intriguing, but to me he's too stiff for his size and also won't really be capable of dropping into coverage to be a second rounder.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we are positioned to get TWO really good players at 8 and 39...... And that can be any combination of Edge, WRs and OL that the HALAS BrainFart has collaborated on

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I posted this yesterday in another thread which i'm pretty sure you saw since you commented on him after my post. He could be a great pick at #39 for us.

The Not-So-Secret Sleeper Among Edge-Rushers

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Ogbonnia OkoronkwoAssociated Press
There are many difficulties with performing statistical analysis on college edge-rushers. Sacks are relatively rare, which can distort results. Blockers range from future NFL starters to pudgy future high school phys ed teachers. Many top edge-rushers rack up big sack totals against Middle Nowhere State or benefit from schemes that give them unblocked paths to the quarterback. Others are double-teamed on every snap.

There are several methods for sidestepping these problems. One is to meld analysis with game study. Anthony Chiado does just that each year for the Optimum Scouting Draft Guide, tracking how often each top pass-rusher is double-teamed, how often he's unblocked, where he lines up, which of his pass-rush moves are most successful and so forth.

NC State's Bradley Chubb looks as solid as you might expect in the breakdowns. Marcus Davenport of Texas-San Antonio blows the field away, albeit against lower competition levels. But Chiado's research uncovers a variety of secrets about other edge-rushers, most notably Oklahoma's Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

Okoronkwo pressed opposing quarterbacks on 25.4 percent of passing plays, second only to Davenport. He was rarely unblocked (just 3.6 percent of his pressures) and beat his opponent with some sort of countermove 25.0 percent of the time.

The countermoves reveal Okoronkwo's ability to do more than just explode out the gate and beat a left tackle to the edge. The Optimum Scouting analysis quantifies Okoronkwo's ability to work through blocks and find alternate routes to the quarterback, two important skills for success as an NFL pass-rusher.

Okoronkwo also performed well at the combine and the Senior Bowl and was a major-program superstar, so he's hardly a "sleeper." Analytics aren't just about evaluating players but also describing them in more precise and useful terms than "he's explosive" or "he's a winner."

(And if you are protesting that counting double-teams and countermoves is scouting, not Moneyball, then here's a news flash: That's a false distinction. Good analysis and careful observation always go hand-in-hand. It's when one rejects the other that teams start making foolish decisions.)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
My question is where does Okoronkwo go without us? Huddle Report has him high, NFL has him low. Could we manage to get him with a 4th?
Similar question about Hercules, although I don't think there's much risk of him going early.

But both of these could end up being good late round hits. Maybe not super stars (or maybe so) but contributors.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When I saw him working at the Senor Bowl practice he was consistently BEATING every left tackle he was up against ..... this While Davenport was NOT getting past the right tackles he was going against. At that practice I watched, Davenport did not look good at all.

ALSO at that practice though..... WYNN looked like he is gonna be a SPECIAL talent when moved to GUARD !!

I think we should go EDMUNDs at 8 .... as long as we can pick up Wynn or Hernandez at 39 AND/OR trade down and ALSO Get someone of either Hernandez or Wynn's CALIBER and then with the highest tradedown pick SNAG this guy OKO

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2018profiles/Ogbonnia.Okoronkwo.htm

Why do YOU capitalize WORDS at a seemingly random RATE when YOU are posting?

It makes your POSTS look like they are written BY someone who HAS some form of INTERNET tourettes syndrome, WHERE you randomly shout certain WORDS at the reader.

CAN you perhaps explain this oddity in YOUR posting style?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

It makes your POSTS look like they are written BY someone who HAS some form of INTERNET tourettes syndrome, WHERE you randomly shout certain WORDS at the reader.

He's just emulating our president.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My question is where does Okoronkwo go without us? Huddle Report has him high, NFL has him low. Could we manage to get him with a 4th?
Similar question about Hercules, although I don't think there's much risk of him going early.

But both of these could end up being good late round hits. Maybe not super stars (or maybe so) but contributors.

All that matters is where teams and GM's have him ranked. I like both him and Hercules in the 3rd or 4th.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All that matters is where teams and GM's have him ranked. I like both him and Hercules in the 3rd or 4th.

I mean how long can we wait before taking them. If that was our move and Oko is going in the 3rd we either need to trade down or grab him #39.
I think we'd be safe to wait on Hercules until the 4th.

I do think either or both of those could be some late round gems for us to free up #8 and #39.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well there you have it folks! If you wanna know which players to draft go back and watch the Senior Bowl practice and whoever sucked just hope the Bears don’t pick them cause that’s THE indication of who’s gonna be good in the pros or not.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well there you have it folks! If you wanna know which players to draft go back and watch the Senior Bowl practice and whoever sucked just hope the Bears don’t pick them cause that’s THE indication of who’s gonna be good in the pros or not.

I think it's a bit of everything. Mostly college career.

But anything sure beats Combine benchpress and sprints.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If we don't go OLB in rd 1 or 2, I hope we do whatever we can to get this kid.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I mean how long can we wait before taking them. If that was our move and Oko is going in the 3rd we either need to trade down or grab him #39.
I think we'd be safe to wait on Hercules until the 4th.

I do think either or both of those could be some late round gems for us to free up #8 and #39.

That's why the draft is such a crap shoot, we don't know who likes who and how much they like each player to know where that player would be drafted.

Reactions: Myk

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sure.... I LIKe to do ITTTTT

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not ranked too highly per NFL...but they're not always right.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ogbonnia-okoronkwo?id=32462018-0002-5599-45e1-8076208eae71

10th best Edge rusher at 5.53 grade

4-5th Round projected

Worth a 4th rounder sure! From what you guys are saying he'll be long gone by day 2 apparently?

Mainly I wonder if he'd be there by the time we come back in round 4 after skipping 3.

Him and/or Hercules should at least make valid back ups rather than just bodies you hope never play.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Didn't we draft his brother about 10 years ago and wasn't he a bust.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's just emulating our president.

LMgs3xU.gif