Who do you expect to have better numbers this year TB or AS. And what kinda numbers?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think Burton will have more yards between the 20's and Shaheen more TDs and red zone yards.

Burton 75 rec 800 yds 5 TDs I have Burton getting lots of touches as I see him as our second best receiving option right now.
Shaheen 55 rec 550 yds 8 TDs Not a monster yet this year, but shows he will be.

So what do you guys expect of these two players. It's just guess work I get that. I'm guessing too.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Blue ball's johnson, 117 rec 1700 yds 17 TDs

Bank on it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
One is a glorified WR, and one is an actual inline TE.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Shaheen develops behind him and takes over in a year or two. I think your numbers are about right.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burton is going to be the key to the offense.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think their numbers will look quite that good.

As far as who will have better, probably Trey Burton. I'd love to be proven wrong. Because then that would likely mean that Shaheen took a big jump in his development.

AussieBear

i thought this thread was about tuberculosis and ashy skin. i feel let down.

I hope Burton and Shaheen compliment one another well and that they both boss out..

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If healthy I'd say:

Burton 55-650-5

Shaheen 40-450-6

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Good blurb on Burton -

Coach Matt Nagy confirmed new TE Trey Burton will play the Travis Kelce role in the Bears' offense.
It's a receiver-tight end hybrid spot called the "U" in Nagy's offense. "It’s an important role," Nagy said. "It’s easy to create some plays for. And when you have a guy that has the size that Trey has and the speed that he has, it’s about mismatches." Burton (6'2/224) isn't nearly as big as Kelce (6'5/255), but they ran nearly identical forties coming out of college at 4.62 and 4.61, respectively. Burton might be the better athlete. Burton has big breakout potential.

-Chicago Sun-Times

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Shaheen develops behind him and takes over in a year or two. I think your numbers are about right.

Why would it take a 2nd round pick 3 years to develop? I think Shaheen is a lot better then people give him credit for. Loggains/Fox just didn't have a clue how to use him last year. I hope Nagy can find a way to utilize both because if not, then Shaheen was just a bad 2nd round pick.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
First, TE is probably the 2nd hardest position to learn on offense. It takes guys from big programs a couple years to reach their potential, let alone a guy from a tiny school.

And 2nd, he is never going to take over for Burton. They may both technically be listed as a TE on the roster, but they play completely different positions as far as what they will be asked to do..

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
First, TE is probably the 2nd hardest position to learn on offense. It takes guys from big programs a couple years to reach their potential, let alone a guy from a tiny school.

And 2nd, he is never going to take over for Burton. They may both technically be listed as a TE on the roster, but they play completely different positions as far as what they will be asked to do..

Yeah and the person I quoted said he hopes Shaheen is able to sit behind Burton and learn. Why, if they play different positions, would our 2nd round pick be sitting behind someone to learn?

Also, stop making excuses for players and/or Pace. 2nd rounders should be able to come in and contribute right away no matter the position. If not, then it's a bad pick. Like I said in my post, I think Shaheen is a good player that wasn't used or given much of an opportunity last year. Back to my original point, shouldn't take 3 years for a TE to develop.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah and the person I quoted said he hopes Shaheen is able to sit behind Burton and learn. Why, if they play different positions, would our 2nd round pick be sitting behind someone to learn?

Also, stop making excuses for players and/or Pace. 2nd rounders should be able to come in and contribute right away no matter the position. If not, then it's a bad pick. Like I said in my post, I think Shaheen is a good player that wasn't used or given much of an opportunity last year. Back to my original point, shouldn't take 3 years for a TE to develop.

I like Shaheen, and have since before last years draft. And I think he will continue to make strides and have an impact this season.

But he's a young kid from a small program, already having to learn his 2nd NFL offense. Lets be realistic....

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Shaheen, and have since before last years draft. And I think he will continue to make strides and have an impact this season.

But he's a young kid from a small program, already having to learn his 2nd NFL offense. Lets be realistic....

Whose being unrealistic here? A 2nd year 2nd round pick can't be an effective contributor to the offense?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The Plague" would.t be a bad name for TB....I see 600 and 4TD's from impressive yac due to hard running. Back in the day Burton was a FB.

Shaheen gets 400 and 6 TD's

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If healthy I'd say:

Burton 55-650-5

Shaheen 40-450-6

I think them would be disappointing numbers in Nagy offense. Great in Fox/Loggains tho. I gotta feeling Nagy will use both more then most coaches. I would bet Burton is 2nd or third in team receptions at years end.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Whose being unrealistic here? A 2nd year 2nd round pick can't be an effective contributor to the offense?

Depends on what you mean by effective contributor.

If Shaheen goes for 500 yards and 6 TDs, that seems pretty modest. But that would have put him at 19th in yards among TEs and tied for 7th in TDs.

If he doesn't get to say 400 yards and 4 TDs then I'd say it's time to start worrying.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

He had to learn blocking last year and he did well in that area. He started to come on a little bit midseason and then missed the last 4 or 6 games? due to injury. I think we'll know this year if he was worth a 2 because Nagy will use him a lot more then Foxy did.