Bears vs Browns

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What is really mind blowing is how many opportunities, the Browns have had to turn around that organization.

Year after year they have had top draft picks, eventually you would think that talent would win out, but it is truly amazing that even draft picks are not interested in going there.

We on the other hand were able to land the top WR free agent because we hired a new up and coming head coach.

I know we all think that the Bears ownership is the root of all that is bad with football, but the reality is that they run the team with integrity and that resonates across the league, and for that alone we will never be the Browns.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the Bears best the Browns? . . .

. . . That's what "King" George and Snails have done to this franchise . . .

Washington

Liked Posts:
Isn’t their front office a new group? 2nd year maybe?

Myles Garrett wasn’t a bad pick. (Though at #1 you’d have to really suck to not get talent)

You are correct. Dorsey, Eliot, and Highsmith are experienced and they are armed with lots of picks and they still have money to burn. They could easily turn things around quickly. They need to strike gold on their QB pick. I think Taylor is a good gap QB for them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You are correct. Dorsey, Eliot, and Highsmith are experienced and they are armed with lots of picks and they still have money to burn. They could easily turn things around quickly. They need to strike gold on their QB pick. I think Taylor is a good gap QB for them.

That was a quick 180

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Browns come away with Darnold and Barkley? Browns. Landry should be a stud there too.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Can the Bears best the Browns? . . .

. . . That's what "King" George and Snails have done to this franchise . . .

I think it's Papa Bear and they're just keeping the legacy alive.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Until proven otherwise absolutely no shot of a quick turnaround for the Browns. Even under the best of circumstances they are 2 years away from having a team vying for playoffs and that is while being in a bad division.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Until proven otherwise absolutely no shot of a quick turnaround for the Browns. Even under the best of circumstances they are 2 years away from having a team vying for playoffs and that is while being in a bad division.

Why? Because of past history under old regimes which mean nothing?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The browns always seem to trip themselves up. Personally i want them to make the playoffs. The factory of sadness needs to close

Washington

Liked Posts:
The browns always seem to trip themselves up. Personally i want them to make the playoffs. The factory of sadness needs to close

Agreed, but they do have a new FO and that does not guarantee that they will repeat past performances of other regimes. I think they do need another coaching change though. Wasn't the same said and felt when Pace was hired? I have a feeling that if you give Dorsey 4 drafts and 4 FA periods, he'll have the Browns at least where Pace has the Bears. I personally think Dorsey and Wolf will do well for them.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I guess you're blind. Their roster is swiss cheese. Their franchise left tackle just retired. Their head coach is a lame duck awaiting his walking papers. Oh, and they still don't have a franchise quarterback. Hue Jackson is going to be fired after the 2018 season leaving that team having to learn a new offensive system and IF they are lucky two off-seasons worth of drafting like a god and netting a good head coach with a solid offensive system might give them a chance in hell of competing for a playoff spot in 2 years in that shit show of a division.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, but they do have a new FO and that does not guarantee that they will repeat past performances of other regimes. I think they do need another coaching change though. Wasn't the same said and felt when Pace was hired? I have a feeling that if you give Dorsey 4 drafts and 4 FA periods, he'll have the Browns at least where Pace has the Bears. I personally think Dorsey and Wolf will do well for them.

The fuck? So now you go from talking quick turnaround to 4 years. Seems legit. Apparently even you don't believe the bullshit coming out of your mouth.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The fuck? So now you go from talking quick turnaround to 4 years. Seems legit. Apparently even you don't believe the bullshit coming out of your mouth.

I think 4 years for a complete rebuild is a quick turnaround. Don't you? Isn't that what we are dealing with now with Pace? Did you define quick turnaround?

OK, I'll change the parameters. I think the Browns will go from zero wins to 6 wins in 2 years and they are no longer considered the laughingstock of the NFL anymore. To me, that would be a huge turnaround for that organization.

For the record, what was stated came off my fingers and not out of my mouth. Dude, you need to fucking relax and learn how to chat like an adult.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I guess you're blind. Their roster is swiss cheese. Their franchise left tackle just retired. Their head coach is a lame duck awaiting his walking papers. Oh, and they still don't have a franchise quarterback. Hue Jackson is going to be fired after the 2018 season leaving that team having to learn a new offensive system and IF they are lucky two off-seasons worth of drafting like a god and netting a good head coach with a solid offensive system might give them a chance in hell of competing for a playoff spot in 2 years in that shit show of a division.

So, it's a complete rebuild. I already stated they need another coaching change. I never said they'd compete for the playoffs in 2 years. I said they could have a quick turnaround which to me meant not being the laughing stock of the NFL anymore. I don't believe they are 2 seasons from the playoffs. I do believe the Bears are. You are playing with semantics.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Who makes the playoffs first...Bears or Browns?

There is little argument that both teams have been upgrading. Both teams have been bottom feededers recently but have made many moves to improve.

Question who will make the playoffs first...

Bears easily...

the Browns have no QB yet and no matter who they get he wont be ready this year, then next year they will be firing their head coach, the year after that they will finally be in the same place the Bears are now, except no quality head coach wants that job so on and on they go...

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Bears easily...

the Browns have no QB yet and no matter who they get he wont be ready this year, then next year they will be firing their head coach, the year after that they will finally be in the same place the Bears are now, except no quality head coach wants that job so on and on they go...

^ This. I still don't know exactly what to think of Trubisky, but having Nagy in charge, you can be sure the offense will have a sound design and that there will be plays where the QB just has to find the open man that the play design created. The Andy Reid system should help Trubisky take a step forward. The Browns, no matter who they pick, are probably not going to catch up to the Bears level of QB play very soon. The Bears do have a hell of a division to compete in. If Trubisky is for real then they will compete...simple as that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think 4 years for a complete rebuild is a quick turnaround. Don't you? Isn't that what we are dealing with now with Pace? Did you define quick turnaround?

OK, I'll change the parameters. I think the Browns will go from zero wins to 6 wins in 2 years and they are no longer considered the laughingstock of the NFL anymore. To me, that would be a huge turnaround for that organization.

For the record, what was stated came off my fingers and not out of my mouth. Dude, you need to fucking relax and learn how to chat like an adult.

It's not a complete rebuild. The baseball guys left some good, young players in place as well as a load of draft capital. The Browns have a pretty decent o-line even without Thomas and a good group on defense. Plus, the AFC sucks.