God of War (2018)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumb ass title aside...

Fuck yes. Just hell fuck yeah. Still just first impressions, so we'll see... but motherfucking fuck yeah.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have it set on the 3rd difficulty and its forcing me slow down and actually learn how to play. I have died a lot but I have gotten much more skilled. The combat mechanics are so good that its worth it. Once you get into the groove and are reading and reacting to enemies, its fun as shit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually wondering if I should pause on this game and go back and play the god of war 3 remaster

edit: ah, fuck that. GoW 3 looks fun for a rainy day though.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
This game is unbelievable, it really is on another level in just about every way.

It's as close to playing a movie as possible, new gold standard. I'm 5 hours into it and I can go on and on.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The spectacle moments in this game are actually spectacular. Been a bit since I played a game with big set piece moments that were actually impactful and not just kinda boring.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have it set on the 3rd difficulty and its forcing me slow down and actually learn how to play. I have died a lot but I have gotten much more skilled. The combat mechanics are so good that its worth it. Once you get into the groove and are reading and reacting to enemies, its fun as shit.

I just have it on whatever mode it was preset to for now. Still getting used to the combat, but it's been fucking awesome so far. I want to explore more, but I feel like I don't have enough tools yet. Some of the fights are really difficult because the camera doesn't seem to give a great view. Gotta remember the quick turn and lock on. It looks fantastic though, and I love the interaction between Kratos and Atreus. Few moments had me loling.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Forgive my ignorance but is this basically a online one player game?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is this something that can be jumped into if you haven't played the other God of Wars? Seems like this is worth buying...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this something that can be jumped into if you haven't played the other God of Wars? Seems like this is worth buying...

gameplay and tone wise, its pretty different than the old ones. Much more narrative driven. Now its kind of like dark souls with a clear narrative arc.

As far as story, this game is complete on its own. You wont be confused or anything. If you are concerned, imo reading a recap is good enough.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Yes. It's a brand new story that doesn't quite carry on from the previous. They're in an entirely different mythology. However, you should watch a short video that explains everything at least. Seeing what he was and what he is trying to be now kind of makes you appreciate the game and story more.

Houston

Liked Posts:
My only complaint is the weapon/armor aspect. In terms of buying and upgrading and how everything works, I feel like the game leaves you hanging as far as explaining it thoroughly. They kind of bombard you with too much to take in at once.

I haven't touched anything yet. Gonna watch a video or read a guide before I waste any materials or money.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Still can't get over how great it looks. I love exploring in this game.

Houston

Liked Posts:
I finished earlier today. It looks like there's a lot of extra curricular activity, but I'm not really interested in any of it. Seeing how there's no multiplayer element, I don't see the point of going out to get stronger gear/weapons etc... I'm not going to do that just to fight against the CPU.

One thing I like but also kinda don't, is how you spend most of the main story circling around the same places.

I will say the thing that most impressed me were how well done the interactive fight/cut scenes were. I'm talking particularly about the ones with Bauldur. I could've done those all day.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took a break from this game. I have been so slammed at work that I have barely had time to play. This game is too good imo to play 30 min and there, so ima shelve it until I can really get immersed in a couple weeks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just picked this shit up after about two weeks away and damn, I have to remind myself of all the combos and shit I have specced. Problem is that enchants and skills and whatever that give powers are socketed all over the place. I have to go through like 6-7 different menus just to see the button combinations. The combat is very very deep, which is awesome. But I wish there was a menu tab that just showed all the powers you have selected and the controls all in one place.

Houston

Liked Posts:
I hate having to pause to switch Atreyeus animal summon.

Speaking of, I would suggest investing in the "bitter squirrel" summon once you get it. In harder fights (like the Valkyrie), it's very convenient to have rage or health orbs popping up. Especially when you upgrade it enough to have 3 drop. Being able to do it twice in a battle was the only way I was able to win a few times.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I finished earlier today. It looks like there's a lot of extra curricular activity, but I'm not really interested in any of it. Seeing how there's no multiplayer element, I don't see the point of going out to get stronger gear/weapons etc... I'm not going to do that just to fight against the CPU.

One thing I like but also kinda don't, is how you spend most of the main story circling around the same places.

I will say the thing that most impressed me were how well done the interactive fight/cut scenes were. I'm talking particularly about the ones with Bauldur. I could've done those all day.

If you want to take on the Valkyries, you have to upgrade your gear. The queen was the most difficult boss fight in the game without question. Took me over four hours to finally defeat on normal. Just one misstep could cause massive damage, and she moves pretty quick.

I went through the game and collected everything. Had to go online for a few ravens and to find which final artifacts I was missing, but I was so close on my own that I couldn't let the last couple slide. I loved playing this game and the combos get insane after a while. There's so much that I would forget to use them in battles constantly.

Also, the shattered gauntlet of ages fully maxed with certain enchantment stones becomes the infinity gauntlet. It's the best talisman just for the three enchantment sockets, but once you put the stones in it gives you a nice perk that does some pretty nice damage. There's six enchantments where any combination of the three in the gauntlet will give you said perk. The highest I could get Kratos was 9.5.