Draft Thread - June 21st 2018

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
of course they will. even if they could attract Leonard. unless Leonard had a pre-arranged triplet in place they would still try to sell him on lavine and lauri with dunn and portis and the #8 pick....I think they will be an ok team

The reason I don't want LaVine is because that contract will hold negative value the day it is signed, only GarPax would go near Max for a volume scorer that can't play D and has a serious injury history. I know they cannot attract a quality FA, I would rather they spend nothing and tank for a couple more years.

.....and still furious these dipshits sold Jordan Bell for $3mm under the circumstances.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Even though GarPax took Lauri as a freshman last year. They like their upperclassmen with high basketball IQ. Lauri at least had high IQ and played more like an upperclassmen at Arizona. Mikal is the only guy that fits the bill that is likely to be available at 7.

They don't have a need for PG with Dunn. SG is Lavine for now. Lauri is the stretch 3/4. They could use a dedicated 3 or a 5. Since most of the 5's are freshman that would be available to pick, Mikal makes the most sense given GarPax's track record.

With the Pelicans pick, they can take another PG/SG if they like one there to come off the bench and develop. The 7th pick has to be a guy that can start right away and not be blocked.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Even though Porter Jr. is interesting, I think it's too high of a risk to pick a guy that played a couple games in 1 season in the NCAA. Plus, such a young kid at nearly 7 feet tall that already needed back surgery? That's scary.

greg23

Liked Posts:
7) Michael Porter Jr
22) Troy Brown

You're welcome GarPax

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dream would be:

Bamba/Walker Jr or Trent Jr

or

Porter Jr./Mitchell Robinson

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even though GarPax took Lauri as a freshman last year. They like their upperclassmen with high basketball IQ. Lauri at least had high IQ and played more like an upperclassmen at Arizona. Mikal is the only guy that fits the bill that is likely to be available at 7.

They don't have a need for PG with Dunn. SG is Lavine for now. Lauri is the stretch 3/4. They could use a dedicated 3 or a 5. Since most of the 5's are freshman that would be available to pick, Mikal makes the most sense given GarPax's track record.

With the Pelicans pick, they can take another PG/SG if they like one there to come off the bench and develop. The 7th pick has to be a guy that can start right away and not be blocked.

Thanks--I didnt get to watch a lot of BB (pro or college this year) but it looked like Dunn was developing. Did he look like a long term answer at PG?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Raskolnikov made a good point in his post. What direction do we want to take this team? Do we want to go big and beat up on all the teams who are going more and more towards small ball (draft a big like Bamba early if there or Jarren Jackson) or try to match up with teams like Houston and GS. Draft a 3-and-D guy like Mikal Bridges and play Lauri at the 5.

The way the draft falls may dictate that for us though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Raskolnikov made a good point in his post. What direction do we want to take this team? Do we want to go big and beat up on all the teams who are going more and more towards small ball (draft a big like Bamba early if there or Jarren Jackson) or try to match up with teams like Houston and GS. Draft a 3-and-D guy like Mikal Bridges and play Lauri at the 5.

The way the draft falls may dictate that for us though.
Interestingly, after looking at Jaren Jackson he might be able to fit either way. Quick lanky big who can also hit the 3. Seems like he could fit into any lineup. If his defense is as advertised anyway...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bamba isn't falling...Consensus?

It looks like the consensus is either one of the Bridges.

I think either him or Porter falls to us. Looking at rosters ahead of us, I think it will be Porter. Memphis goes JJJ, Dallas goes Bamba, Orlando goes Trae Young.

Of course combine can and probably will change everything regarding MPJ. I can see him going as high as #4, leaving JJJ for Dallas and Orlando still going with Young.

Magic can screw us and take Porter/Bamba though. Sucks we got the 7th pick in a 6 man draft.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you have deduced the issue to its core, or should I say probed it?

A Bridges at 7, followed by a young C or PG at 22, or if you can combine them to trade up to grab Porter Jr. I would do it. Is how I see it in one line.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think either him or Porter falls to us. Looking at rosters ahead of us, I think it will be Porter. Memphis goes JJJ, Dallas goes Bamba, Orlando goes Trae Young.

Of course combine can and probably will change everything regarding MPJ. I can see him going as high as #4, leaving JJJ for Dallas and Orlando still going with Young.

Magic can screw us and take Porter/Mamba though. Sucks we got the 7th pick in a 6 man draft.

Yeah I was looking at the prospect list. We really need Young to go in one of the top 6 picks to leave us one of MPJ, JJJ or Bamba.

If Young doesn't go top 6 you're choosing between him, Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter Jr.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah I was looking at the prospect list. We really need Young to go in one of the top 6 picks to leave us one of MPJ, JJJ or Bamba.

If Young doesn't go top 6 you're choosing between him, Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter Jr.

Orlando needs a point guard, scoring, and shooting. Young fits the bill perfectly.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
While it isn't my preference, I wouldn't be mad if they took Young. He fits the modern NBA and I see a lot of Steph in his game. Not only is he a very good shooter, he's also a very good distributor which is something this team doesn't have. I could see him being a very good player. He started to wear down last season, but the defenses started to adjust and his teammates at Oklahoma sucked.

I still like Porter for his upside. I'm even intrigued by Bamba. He showed glimpses of being able to shoot it while he was at Texas. He just measured in and has a 7'10 wingspan. If he has a good work ethic and gets the right coaching, he could be a monster on both ends.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While it isn't my preference, I wouldn't be mad if they took Young. He fits the modern NBA and I see a lot of Steph in his game. Not only is he a very good shooter, he's also a very good distributor which is something this team doesn't have. I could see him being a very good player. He started to wear down last season, but the defenses started to adjust and his teammates at Oklahoma sucked.

I still like Porter for his upside. I'm even intrigued by Bamba. He showed glimpses of being able to shoot it while he was at Texas. He just measured in and has a 7'10 wingspan. If he has a good work ethic and gets the right coaching, he could be a monster on both ends.
I'm not totally sold on Young because of those ridiculous turnover numbers. I understand that he is the team, his teammates stink, and when you handle the ball that much you're going to turn it over a lot, but even then it seems excessive. Maybe I'm overreacting on that point. As far as scoring and shooting goes, he's definitely got all the tools to be Steph like.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Any chance Doncic announcing he might not come over next year push him down in the draft?

I doubt it.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Any chance Doncic announcing he might not come over next year push him down in the draft?

I doubt it.

If he did there is zero chance he slides past Orlando.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Porter Jr or a Bridges is just fine with me, seems the safe route

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Someone made the point as to which direction should the Bulls go. Look at the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs. Not one has a bonafide center. Everyone on the floor at a given time can shoot the 3. The true centers on these rosters are stapled to the bench. I think that should tell everyone that the game has evolved. Unless there is a Shaq-like prospect in the draft, the era of centers is kinda of dead, IMO.