Draft Thread - June 21st 2018

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nba.com/news

another stretch forward for the drafts top 10.

What is your top 10 so far?

1. Badgley
2. Ayton
3. Porter Jr.
4. Doncic
5. Bridges
6. Carter Jr.
7. Jackson
8. Bridges
9. Trae Young
10. Bama

We are going to get a great prospect. Lots of flavors to play favorites with in this one, good diversity. Should be able to plug in something we need wherever we pick.

Draft Lottery- 5/15 at halftime of primetime playoff game usually.
NBA draft- 6/21 3 pm cst

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I've only looked at a couple NBA mocks, but I keep seeing a PG mocked to us (Sexton or Young). I really, disagree with that. Judging from out end of the year presser, it
sounds like we'll be targeting another wing player to play next to Lavine and Lauri.

I think Porter Jr. is clearly the pick if he's still on the board when we pick otherwise I can see it being Bridges.

Wonder if we could package RoLo and our Pelicans pick to move back up in the draft for another pick in the teens. I've seen Bridges slipping towards the end of the lottery.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've only looked at a couple NBA mocks, but I keep seeing a PG mocked to us (Sexton or Young). I really, disagree with that. Judging from out end of the year presser, it
sounds like we'll be targeting another wing player to play next to Lavine and Lauri.

I think Porter Jr. is clearly the pick if he's still on the board when we pick otherwise I can see it being Bridges.

Wonder if we could package RoLo and our Pelicans pick to move back up in the draft for another pick in the teens. I've seen Bridges slipping towards the end of the lottery.
I think at this point mocks might just be throwing up players based on ranks rather that what a team will actually target for need. Don't think it makes any sense for the Bulls to go for a PG as we already have Dunn as our theoretical PG of the near future and Lavine who is technically a combo guard. Wing or big makes way more sense. Porter Jr would be very solid. Possibly Wendell Carter if they wanted a big man to slot alongside Lauri. Either way, Trae Young doesn't really make sense as the pick to me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We should trade down for more picks.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I think at this point mocks might just be throwing up players based on ranks rather that what a team will actually target for need. Don't think it makes any sense for the Bulls to go for a PG as we already have Dunn as our theoretical PG of the near future and Lavine who is technically a combo guard. Wing or big makes way more sense. Porter Jr would be very solid. Possibly Wendell Carter if they wanted a big man to slot alongside Lauri. Either way, Trae Young doesn't really make sense as the pick to me.

We don't want to build around Dunn and Levine, those are not quality core pieces. That sounds like a Sacramento Kings strategy. Levine especially is not worth a mega-contract.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We don't want to build around Dunn and Levine, those are not quality core pieces. That sounds like a Sacramento Kings strategy. Levine especially is not worth a mega-contract.
The Bulls aren't really going to be much better than the Kings anytime soon anyway

RacerX

Liked Posts:
The Bulls aren't really going to be much better than the Kings anytime soon anyway

Agree 100%. My point was that we have about ONE decent (not great) building block (LM), no one else on this roster starts for a legit contending playoff team and we sure as hell should not resign Levine at the price he's going to command, he will lead this team nowhere.

Dunn, Levine, Valentine, et. al., can all disappear as far as I'm concerned.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree 100%. My point was that we have about ONE decent (not great) building block (LM), no one else on this roster starts for a legit contending playoff team and we sure as hell should not resign Levine at the price he's going to command, he will lead this team nowhere.

Dunn, Levine, Valentine, et. al., can all disappear as far as I'm concerned.
Be that as it may, GarPax still runs the team and therefore those guys are staying for the near future.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Best available. If the difference seems negligible, draft a Center. That's my view on this. IMO in this years draft, the Bulls can nab a guard that can crack the rotation easier with the New Orleans pick than a center.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'll be good with whoever they decide to end up taking. The front office blows in some aspects, but they've been pretty good when it comes to the draft.

My personal favorite prospects:

1) Ayton
2) Doncic
3) Bagley
4) Porter Jr
5) Bamba

I'd probably be more excited about Porter if not for his back surgery. It would be nice to land Ayton, but I don't see the Bulls getting that lucky again. With all of the talent in this draft, I'll trust that the front office makes the right pick.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I'll be good with whoever they decide to end up taking. The front office blows in some aspects, but they've been pretty good when it comes to the draft.

My personal favorite prospects:

1) Ayton
2) Doncic
3) Bagley
4) Porter Jr
5) Bamba

I'd probably be more excited about Porter if not for his back surgery. It would be nice to land Ayton, but I don't see the Bulls getting that lucky again. With all of the talent in this draft, I'll trust that the front office makes the right pick.

Agree with your draft favorite prospects, but you’ve got to be kidding about the FO and drafting. They suck balls.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree with your draft favorite prospects, but you’ve got to be kidding about the FO and drafting. They suck balls.
That's not entirely true. Though the last few drafts, perhaps save the Lauri pick, have been pretty bad. GarPax has been very hit or miss over the last decade.

RacerX

Liked Posts:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, all GMs are hit & miss, it's Garpax' # of misses (or lack of hits) that concerns me.

The best news I've heard from this FO in recent years is linked below, i fully support this approach:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/rumor-bulls-expected-to-wait-until-2019-for-free-agency-splash/
Well like the article says, they don't really have a choice as any worthwhile free agent is going to avoid us this offseason anyway. Thing is, I feel like that will continue to be the case next year and possibly beyond.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I think everyone is going to have a miss here and there. Teague and McDermott were obviously horrendous, but they got guys like Rose, Noah, Taj, Portis, Jimmy and Lauri also looks to be a great pick. That's great value for the draft position they had. Valentine did get better and could prove to be a good value pick, but the jurys still out on that one.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
My favs in order -

- DeAndre Ayton
- Marvin Bagley
- Mohammed Bamba
- Luke Doncic
- Michael Porter
- Mikal Bridges
- Wendell Carter
- Kevin Knox

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Draft Lottery tomorrow.

As long as we don't fall below 6 I think we'll land a top tier rookie that fills center or wing very nicely.

Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Doncic, Porter Jr., Jarren Jackson would all be slam dunk picks.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This years draft hype is absolutely unbelievable. Just watching all this footage of players with highlights, IDK. Starting to look more like a mediocre draft class full of playground superstars instead of this pumped group with 17 potential all-stars like most sites are reporting. Yeah, I know, every year is like that and every mock draft scout is super wrong and they all jump on hype trains, but this year just reeks. A lot of project players(has nothing to do with being heavily one-and-dones either). I'll be glad to eat crow on this one later, but IMO this is not anywhere near as deep of a class as it is made out to be.

The Bulls need to make sure that 22nd pick isn't trashed and hope they can maneuver through the lottery in a way that doesn't put them behind our immediate competition more than anything else. We can't afford to pull another McDermott draft day.

I like Jaren Jackson Jr of players we can luck out on. Mitchell Robinson is on everyone's list of late 1st round hopefuls and might wind up being a reach, so I'm not even hoping he is there at 22(but if he were, I pick a second center and figure things out later).

A lot of these mocks have us selecting Wendell Carter, and I really am not sold on him. He's simply slow for someone projected to go in the top 10 IMO. Good footwork on offense can only get you so far.

Walter has us grabbing Mikal Bridges right now. He's good too, in a draft full of freshmen he's less enticing, although he may actually fit this teams blueprint longrun better than other guys who are rated with more potential. My concern is how he lands on his right leg AND plays with a knee support on his... right leg. Makes you wonder if he's covering up something.

And of course, you roll the dice on Porter at the right number. And MB3 talent-wise is the best player in the draft, and Lauri is already a back conditioning/recovery project. IDK, maybe that works out too, maybe not. I'm not sold on players with back issues come playoff time, however, if the Bulls get borked in the lotto and wind up in a worse position, you take this risk 100%.

NO MCDERMOTT MOVES... mmmkay gar?

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nba.com/news

another stretch forward for the drafts top 10.

What is your top 10 so far?

1. Badgley
2. Ayton
3. Porter Jr.
4. Doncic
5. Bridges
6. Carter Jr.
7. Jackson
8. Bridges
9. Trae Young
10. Bama

We are going to get a great prospect. Lots of flavors to play favorites with in this one, good diversity. Should be able to plug in something we need wherever we pick.

Draft Lottery- 5/15 at halftime of primetime playoff game usually.
NBA draft- 6/21 3 pm cst

LOL at this..on multiple levels.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Walter has us grabbing Bridges right now. He's good too, in a draft full of freshmen he's less enticing, although he may actually fit this teams blueprint longrun better than other guys who are rated with more potential. My concern is how he lands on his right leg AND plays with a knee support on his... right leg. Makes you wonder if he's covering up something.

Which Bridges?