And the award for biggest 2018 non QB NFL draft bust goes to...

Who is going to be the biggest disappointment of these players

• Vea

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Chubb

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Barkley

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • R.Smith

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Davenport

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Nelson

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • D.Ward

• Fitzpatrick

• D.James

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • J.Jackson

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Edmunds could flop big time. I think Ward will be good. Minkah and Derwin will be all pros. Hope to God they go before the Packers pick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Quenton Nelson

giphy.gif

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Nelson has a lot of hype. So, it depends on your definition of bust. If he is drafted in the top 10 and turns out to be as good a guard as Whitehair, does that make him a bust? I say yes.

Players can’t control the hype that is written about them. A bust is a guy that cant play not one that simply doesnt measure up to the hype.

If Nelson ends up just being a good player, you cant call him a bust. That would be a failure on the front office but not the player.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nelson has a lot of hype. So, it depends on your definition of bust. If he is drafted in the top 10 and turns out to be as good a guard as Whitehair, does that make him a bust? I say yes.

Well Whitehair didn't play well at guard to begin with so yeah that is a pretty low comp. Now if you were talking about relative to Whitehair's rookie season at center where he had a borderline pro-bowl performance on the season...that would be a more reasonable comp. If borderline pro-bowl is what you're getting from Nelson then I can see why some would call that a bust. Due to his "all-time" hype.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Like others have said, Edmunds. There's a YouTube video of him that highlights his problems with reads & being outta position a lot. He leans in too often, trying to get a jump on plays at scrimmage, and gets burned.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

What a Dweeb. So basically if we take him you'll claim he's a bust because no guard is good enough to go top 10.
We draft at 8. If we trade down to 15 and he goes at 14 and is great who sucks then?

J'Taco was a bust, although taken in the 7th everyone but Lovie expected that. J'Taco at #1 is still a bust. Long in the 7th is not better than he is being taken in the 1st. It's just a better value.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, a person is a bust relative to where they were drafted. I don't consider Nathan Enderle a bust but I consider Jamarcus Russel a bust.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Roquan Smith is going to get DESTROYED in the NFL if he is playing ILB. Watch him get rolled repeatedly against Oklahoma. Maybe a SS?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
To me, a person is a bust relative to where they were drafted. I don't consider Nathan Enderle a bust but I consider Jamarcus Russel a bust.

It's understandable to not fret about the 7th rounders who don't stick, you don't expect them to.

It's the as good as Whitehair = bust. I don't really know how good Whitehair is so I assume that means he's not bad, I generally know those with the open door to the QB policy. If we draft Nelson at #8 and he's just good that's not a bust. We want as sure of a thing as we can get to protect the QB.
Now if we draft Nelson and he allows the QB to be sacked a bunch of times after he's had time to acclimate to the NFL, that's a bust.

Is Long a bust? He was a 1st round guard. And we got a tackle out of it. Assuming Nelson doesn't bust (really bust) I think he has the same potential.