Roquan Smith Makes too much sense

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Smith & Edmunds...So they measure up basically the exact same as Lewis, Urlacher, and each other, okay. So does Shaq Grillin, but he's faster and stronger, and without a left hand, so...

How intellectually sharp are these guys?

I'd go with the guy with the most fire, heart, and intelligence. Need a coach on the field to know things before they happen, and loves putting in the homework hours to study up.

Crazy as it sounds, if a guy can't answer questions and think on his feet, how will he think & play on his feet?

[video=youtube;6MfCSUPJTSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfCSUPJTSg[/video]

Something seems just a bit off or less than sharp with Edmunds, sure he's young and nervous in some of these vids, but comes across as shy??

whats wrong with being shy? cant be a good football player unless youre the typical alpha male meat head?

i might be a little off for that interview as well... shes fucking gorgeous. then again shes my trifecta. blond, little black dress, and boots.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Smith & Edmunds...So they measure up basically the exact same as Lewis, Urlacher, and each other, okay. So does Shaq Grillin, but he's faster and stronger, and without a left hand, so...

How intellectually sharp are these guys?

I'd go with the guy with the most fire, heart, and intelligence. Need a coach on the field to know things before they happen, and loves putting in the homework hours to study up.

Crazy as it sounds, if a guy can't answer questions and think on his feet, how will he think & play on his feet?

[video=youtube;6MfCSUPJTSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfCSUPJTSg[/video]

Something seems just a bit off or less than sharp with Edmunds, sure he's young and nervous in some of these vids, but comes across as shy??
The guy is fucking 16-17 years old in this video wtf are you going on about

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats wrong with being shy? cant be a good football player unless youre the typical alpha male meat head?

i might be a little off for that interview as well... shes fucking gorgeous. then again shes my trifecta. blond, little black dress, and boots.

Agree. Didn't mean to come across too hard on the kid of course. Need to find more/better vid of him for a better feel. I did like what I found on Roquan though.

"Todd MsShat" :lol: & Mel both like him to Bears as top LB...

[video=youtube;PqHSGKHbF48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqHSGKHbF48[/video]

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Compared by the talking heads

[video=youtube;WdrCqpVltaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdrCqpVltaQ[/video]

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I wrong in echoing what I'm finding that Roquan is more OLB, & Edmunds as ILB?

OLB much more of a need currently, although certainly potentially interchangeable. This thread has enlightened me quite a bit.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I like smith but he would fit best as the Joker ILB and that’s Trevathens role. I’m sure Fangio would know what he’s doing if he were to put his stamps on the pick so I won’t be to worried about it

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Did someone just say Roquan Smith isn't a blue chip talent.....Oh wow....

Welcome to great moments in sport boobery gentleman.

I'll tell you this much, You bettttta nottt run no screammn passes round no Roquan Smithsss.

Dude reminds me of Polamalu in his younger days with his movement in space and through traffic.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Watch Kollmans tape review...TE's and FB's are trucking Smith. He needed to do the bench press at the combine...bad sign.

Maybe you need to go back and watch kollman reviews to get a better understanding.

People knocked Tremaine Edmunds because of kollman, yet kollman has Edmunds as the first LB off the board with pick 9 to the 49ers.

People knock Roquan Smith yet Brett kollman would take him with pick 11 to the dolphins.

Kollman has Derwin James going 23 overall to the patriots.

If you are using the logic of ‘watch the Brett kollman video’ like many others, you would understand that both Edmunds and Roquan Smith are great prospects but he is showing a potential downside. However, he still takes Edmunds at 9 and smith at 11, which are both CONSIDERABLY higher than he has James going at pick 23.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hub says he's undersized and not a good fit

Gabriel says he's got great instincts, thinks of him as Briggs with more speed.

Hub said Aaron Donald was too small and if given the chance the Bears should pass on him.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Maybe you need to go back and watch kollman reviews to get a better understanding.

People knocked Tremaine Edmunds because of kollman, yet kollman has Edmunds as the first LB off the board with pick 9 to the 49ers.

People knock Roquan Smith yet Brett kollman would take him with pick 11 to the dolphins.

Kollman has Derwin James going 23 overall to the patriots.

If you are using the logic of ‘watch the Brett kollman video’ like many others, you would understand that both Edmunds and Roquan Smith are great prospects but he is showing a potential downside. However, he still takes Edmunds at 9 and smith at 11, which are both CONSIDERABLY higher than he has James going at pick 23.

Irrelevant what Kollman mocks. His tape tells the story not his prediction. Smith is good, he is not an all-pro player. Derwin James would be a monster in any secondary. And I'd still take Landry, Davenport or Minkah way before Smith.

ctree5454

Liked Posts:
In my view he is a 4-3 weakside OLB only..He seriously gets manhandled on a game by game basis. His strengths are scraping sideline to sideline and dropping in coverage. To say he struggles taking on blocks is a complete understatement. He is simply overmatched.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
In my view he is a 4-3 weakside OLB only..He seriously gets manhandled on a game by game basis. His strengths are scraping sideline to sideline and dropping in coverage. To say he struggles taking on blocks is a complete understatement. He is simply overmatched.

I wish people actually understood the defense Fangio deploys.

The Mike fills the gap and the Jack scraps off of it vs the run. This is why Freeman looked like a stud and Bowman in SF. Both trevathan and Willis did a lot of the dirty work

The Jack also has alot of coverage responsibilities.

Smith is a good fit for a Jack Backer, period.

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
I like this pick. Kid is a dog. Loves the game and brings his lunch pail to work every day.

This is the one guy that is not a reach at 8. He has all the tools and has the potential to be a Hall of Famer one day.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be mad if Roquan was the pick at 8 despite that video of him getting trucked in the Kollman video. If they evaluated him to be worth it after all this time then I'll trust that they don't think the shedding blocks & size knocks are anything to worry about.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub is a fucking idiot.

Hub doesn't really know anything more than we do....he is a little closer to the Bears, but he is correct about as many times as the average fan.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Crazy that the a kid who people are saying is always mauled and isn't so good won the Butkus Award for the Nation's top linebacker.

Edmunds is too much of a risk to me. I would really like Pace to play it safe in the 1st and 2nd this year and Smith is very safe. Plug him in and he'll deliver from game 1. People are always saying Edmunds is young and can get better. That is true of every kid coming out in the draft. They are all young and can all improve. As noted by others, Urlacher was knocked for years for not being able to shed blockers.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Irrelevant what Kollman mocks. His tape tells the story not his prediction. Smith is good, he is not an all-pro player. Derwin James would be a monster in any secondary. And I'd still take Landry, Davenport or Minkah way before Smith.

I tend to agree with this but it’s pretty moronic to use kollman’s analysis as an arguing point only to come back and say his opinion doesn’t matter.

There is loads of great tape on Roquan Smith. I could definitely see him thriving in the right situation.