I'll be pissed if we pass on...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Who do you expect A) has a fair chance at being there at 8 (justify it) or another round and B) we pass on that will always chafe your nuts every time you see him make a play for another team?
Any spot is fair game.

I think Barkley could drop below 8 because of a lack of need for a RB vs QB needs. I can see Pace passing on him because he promised Howard and it's a luxury pick.

I could forget about Nelson, Fitzpatrick or anyone else.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That would really piss me off if Packers end up with Barkley.

Thinking of Rodgers when we got Benson is what spawned this thread.

Rodgers was the projected number one pick too for a long time, but suddenly just dropped.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Miller in the 2nd. We aren't going WR in the first unless we have a big trade down. With that in mind, I want WR in the second round. I know they want to get everything they can from White, but we still need a home run threat that can be a backup to Gabriel now, and his replacement in a couple years. We should get one now because it takes a year or two for most WRs to get the hang of NFL offenses.

He'll have a career of being the big play threat and I want that to be here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be pissed if they passed on anyone.....The GMs know a hell of a lot more than I do and I really haven't earned the right to be pissed because I sure as shit don't know enough about scouting....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quenton Nelson. He's the only guy in that's feasibly available that, regardless of all the defensive talent available, you just can't pass on.

I'd be fine with the pick but could easily pass on him. He's a G and other top Gs coached by his teach have gone high and not done great in the NFL. I'd be fine with him because I expect him to not be one of those and very successful but we also have his coach. Perhaps he can build a $6m man out of spare parts.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not really sure what you are asking. Barkly will be long gone before 8 and if he is not then he is the obvious choice. No 2 players will have as much impact on the Beears as Barkley will. Barkley would make the Bears a Playoff team period.

With that said I would be pissed if we passed on Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, or Ridley in that order. In the second round I would be pissed if we passed on Hernandez, Kirk, Key, Price, and Hubbard in that order

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just had him there on Fanspeak. Hmm, get him cheaper than we paid Glennon to be a backup, would surely do better if needed to play.

lol....Darnold available at 8.......

Reactions: Myk

Nelly

Liked Posts:
not really sure what you are asking. Barkly will be long gone before 8 and if he is not then he is the obvious choice. No 2 players will have as much impact on the Beears as Barkley will. Barkley would make the Bears a Playoff team period.

With that said I would be pissed if we passed on Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, or Ridley in that order. In the second round I would be pissed if we passed on Hernandez, Kirk, Key, Price, and Hubbard in that order

Ridley? For serious?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would really piss me off if Packers end up with Barkley.

Thinking of Rodgers when we got Benson is what spawned this thread.

this won't happen....at least not in the universe

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Prepare to be pissed...

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If the Bills are willing to trade 12 and 22 for our 1st and change, i'd be quite pissed if passed on that. No way to know for sure if it was available, but the opportunities opened up there are just juicy. I would expect San Fran and Oakland to target defense, Miami as a bit of a wildcard. But there will still be an impact guy there for us, whether it's Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Vea, Davenport, etc. Then you've got 22 to perhaps grab McGlinchy or Landry if you get lucky, or fall back on a guy like Daniels at center or Hernandez at Guard or even one of the top WRs in Ridley/Moore.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

It doesn't have to happen. Just on the off chance it does I could see the Bears piling on those who pass because they don't need a RB.

this won't happen....at least not in the universe

I'm thankful. I saw an article/video devoted to the topic of Barkley falling because of a lack of needs. I don't think they had him make it to 14.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
answer pretty much is barkley, chubb, and nelson

unlikely that those 3 are available at 8, and the off-chance that any of them are...the thought is that we would be selecting an inferior talent if either of them are passed on.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't have to happen. Just on the off chance it does I could see the Bears piling on those who pass because they don't need a RB.

I'm thankful. I saw an article/video devoted to the topic of Barkley falling because of a lack of needs. I don't think they had him make it to 14.
Not saying Barkley falls to 14 but the Packers have 12 picks this draft and a new GM that's much more aggressive then their last. I don't see them moving up for Barkley but you never know. Their GM said they probably don't need 12 players from this draft so they're a team that will be wheeling and dealing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk