satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ridley? For serious?

For sure, that is if Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, and Nelson are already gone and there is no kings ransom trade offer. I know the WRs look good on paper, but lets say Turbo just sucks and was a product of playing with Julio Jones and Matt Ryan, and with the Bears he looks more like he did when he was playing with the Browns. Also Robinson could be a bit slower and face constant double teams, then who is our #2? Bellamy or White? who is are slot WR?

Lets say Robinson gets injured then we don't have a #1 or a #2 and the year is DONE. Mitch's development is put on hold until next season, and he is forced to run a very basic simple offense cause we wont have a #1 or a #2.

With Ridley he gives you a guy who can play all WR positions, can come in and start making a impact right away. He has a very high floorand ist is impossible to project his ceiling because of the QB he played with and the scheme he was in.

Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, and Ridley are all guaranteed starters day 1. Edmunds, davenport, and ward are situational starters or 2nd stringers day 1

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For sure, that is if Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, and Nelson are already gone and there is no kings ransom trade offer. I know the WRs look good on paper, but lets say Turbo just sucks and was a product of playing with Julio Jones and Matt Ryan, and with the Bears he looks more like he did when he was playing with the Browns. Also Robinson could be a bit slower and face constant double teams, then who is our #2? Bellamy or White? who is are slot WR?

Lets say Robinson gets injured then we don't have a #1 or a #2 and the year is DONE. Mitch's development is put on hold until next season, and he is forced to run a very basic simple offense cause we wont have a #1 or a #2.

With Ridley he gives you a guy who can play all WR positions, can come in and start making a impact right away. He has a very high floorand ist is impossible to project his ceiling because of the QB he played with and the scheme he was in.

Barkly, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, and Ridley are all guaranteed starters day 1. Edmunds, davenport, and ward are situational starters or 2nd stringers day 1

Yeah, but he's already 32 bro.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I would be pissed if one of the top QBs fell to the Bears and they couldn't trade down. Especially if a team like Miami, Buffalo, or Washington end up taking a QB or a team like the 49ers trade down with one of those teams.

After Quenton Nelson, I don't see a huge talent drop off until pick 13. Guys like Fitzpatrick, James, Smith, Edmunds, and Ward all seem to be graded similarly and I would have no issue with any of those guys + more draft picks.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Ridley at 8 would be a huge reach. We could trade down with the Ravens to 16 and still likely easily get Ridley.

Your argument for why need a receiver can easily be made for why we HAVE to get Nelson to protect Mitch, or why we HAVE to get an edge rusher, or a middle linebacker, or a playmaker on the back end of the defense. We're short on playmakers all over both sides of the ball. And we didn't draft Robinson to suck, we didn't sign Gabriel and Burton to suck. You can't go into the draft and spend your first round pick on a guy to hedge your big FA bets. If Robinson sucks or Gabriel/Burton then we're screwed anyway, and we don't have any more talent defensively to try to make up for it, or protection for Mitch in the form of Nelson.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Who do you expect A) has a fair chance at being there at 8 (justify it) or another round and B) we pass on that will always chafe your nuts every time you see him make a play for another team?
Any spot is fair game.

I think Barkley could drop below 8 because of a lack of need for a RB vs QB needs. I can see Pace passing on him because he promised Howard and it's a luxury pick.

I could forget about Nelson, Fitzpatrick or anyone else.

I agree Barkley is the missing link, because we have RB that can make big plays running the ball OR catching the ball, but not both. If Barkley is there and we trade back or take the second best of any position, I will be pissed.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ridley at 8 would be a huge reach. We could trade down with the Ravens to 16 and still likely easily get Ridley.

Your argument for why need a receiver can easily be made for why we HAVE to get Nelson to protect Mitch, or why we HAVE to get an edge rusher, or a middle linebacker, or a playmaker on the back end of the defense. We're short on playmakers all over both sides of the ball. And we didn't draft Robinson to suck, we didn't sign Gabriel and Burton to suck. You can't go into the draft and spend your first round pick on a guy to hedge your big FA bets. If Robinson sucks or Gabriel/Burton then we're screwed anyway, and we don't have any more talent defensively to try to make up for it, or protection for Mitch in the form of Nelson.

NO it simply does not apply! If we don't draft Nelson we can take one of the next 6 or 7 Olineman and be just fine, and there are not any edge rusher that will be available at 8 who are significantly better then Key, Hubbard or who ever is available in the second round. Right now we have our starting 2 OLB and starting 2 ILB. Right now who are the starting outside WRs and who is the slot guy?

Do you fell better about having Josh Bellemy and Kevin White starting at WR then you do about Nick Kwiatkoski starting at ILB. How about Aaron Lynch and Sam Acho starting at OLB?

To me I think Nick Kwiatkoski is a solid starter that may make the next step forward. He has been in Fangio's system for a couple years and I think it will be hard for a rookie to replace him immediately, BUT we definitely need depth at the position and need to develop a player. I would try to target a ILB that need some developing in the 4th round.

I think Aaron Lynch is going to be this years Akiem Hicks. The change in scenery and being reunited with Vic may give a huge boost to his confidence and get him performing his best.

The thought of Josh Bellamy starting the year as our outside WR scares the hell out of me, but who is going to challenge him for the job? Kevin White? Tanner Gentry? and raw 4th or 5th round rookie?? From those options Bellamy will be the #2 starting WR with Gabriel starting in the slot.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
NO it simply does not apply! If we don't draft Nelson we can take one of the next 6 or 7 Olineman and be just fine, and there are not any edge rusher that will be available at 8 who are significantly better then Key, Hubbard or who ever is available in the second round. Right now we have our starting 2 OLB and starting 2 ILB. Right now who are the starting outside WRs and who is the slot guy?

Do you fell better about having Josh Bellemy and Kevin White starting at WR then you do about Nick Kwiatkoski starting at ILB. How about Aaron Lynch and Sam Acho starting at OLB?

To me I think Nick Kwiatkoski is a solid starter that may make the next step forward. He has been in Fangio's system for a couple years and I think it will be hard for a rookie to replace him immediately, BUT we definitely need depth at the position and need to develop a player. I would try to target a ILB that need some developing in the 4th round.

I think Aaron Lynch is going to be this years Akiem Hicks. The change in scenery and being reunited with Vic may give a huge boost to his confidence and get him performing his best.

The thought of Josh Bellamy starting the year as our outside WR scares the hell out of me, but who is going to challenge him for the job? Kevin White? Tanner Gentry? and raw 4th or 5th round rookie?? From those options Bellamy will be the #2 starting WR with Gabriel starting in the slot.

Both Marlon Brown and Bennie Fowler have been brought in as direct competition to White, Gentry, and Bellamy. Actually, I would tend to believe that Brown and Fowler might just be ahead of Gentry and Bellamy, because both have had better seasons than any of the other depth guys.

If we do not take a WR in the draft we could conceivably have an entire new WR corp with Bellamy and White as depth/ST only guys.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not saying Barkley falls to 14 but the Packers have 12 picks this draft and a new GM that's much more aggressive then their last. I don't see them moving up for Barkley but you never know. Their GM said they probably don't need 12 players from this draft so they're a team that will be wheeling and dealing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At least that would piss me off at the Packers and I'm already there.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Your confidence in Aaron Lynch is no more risky than counting on Kevin White to stay healthy and contribute, or look for one of Brown, Fowler or Gentry to step up. Right now, you've got Robinson, Gabriel and Burton as your top 3 targets with Cohen as a complete wildcard. Nagy has likened Cohen to Tyreek Hill so that's definitely something to keep an eye on. If Cohen is going to be used a lot in the slot then the need for a WR isn't nearly what you're making it out to be. Further than that even is the fact that Shaheen was a 2nd round pick last year and the Bears reportedly want to use plenty of 2 tight-end sets.

The point is still valid. We have just enough pass catchers at the moment to get by. Just like we have just enough DBs, just enough linebackers and just enough linemen. As soon as one goes down, we're looking at some bad depth. I think of all the need positions on the team, it's a toss up between OL, DL, Linebacker and WR, and i'd put WR 4th if you're making me choose.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your confidence in Aaron Lynch is no more risky than counting on Kevin White to stay healthy and contribute, or look for one of Brown, Fowler or Gentry to step up. Right now, you've got Robinson, Gabriel and Burton as your top 3 targets with Cohen as a complete wildcard. Nagy has likened Cohen to Tyreek Hill so that's definitely something to keep an eye on. If Cohen is going to be used a lot in the slot then the need for a WR isn't nearly what you're making it out to be. Further than that even is the fact that Shaheen was a 2nd round pick last year and the Bears reportedly want to use plenty of 2 tight-end sets.

The point is still valid. We have just enough pass catchers at the moment to get by. Just like we have just enough DBs. As soon as one goes down, we're looking at some bad depth. I think of all the need positions on the team, it's a toss up between OL, DL, Linebacker and WR, and i'd put WR 4th if you're making me choose.

Lynch is less risky than White...Lynch actually produced at one point

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Nelson is sitting there and we don't trade down and end up picking a project, I will be question if Pace is a fucking idiot.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd be fine with the pick but could easily pass on him. He's a G and other top Gs coached by his teach have gone high and not done great in the NFL. I'd be fine with him because I expect him to not be one of those and very successful but we also have his coach. Perhaps he can build a $6m man out of spare parts.

Nelson is not a G. He could easily play tackle in the NFL. He's likely to be more versatile than Cody Whitehair and better. On the Bears right now, he would play LG only because there is a hole there. If Nelson played LT at ND, he likely would be the # 1 pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nelson is not a G. He could easily play tackle in the NFL. He's likely to be more versatile than Cody Whitehair and better. On the Bears right now, he would play LG only because there is a hole there. If Nelson played LT at ND, he likely would be the # 1 pick.

very few, if any, agree on this.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
very few, if any, agree on this.

Plus we saw what can happen when you decide it's a great idea to move an elite guard to tackle (Kyle Long). Injuries were a factor but Kyle was a solid RT as opposed to an exceptional right guard. Why not just leave Nelson at guard, let him dominate then look elsewhere for a tackle? We've got one more year of a serviceable Massie before we're pressed to find a replacement.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, Barkley is overrated. He'll be a good pro but he's a feast or famine runner. He's less nifty than his #s and not that strong at the point of attack.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least that would piss me off at the Packers and I'm already there.
When I posted earlier about the firepower the packers have it was just my opinion. This evening I've read 3 different articles talking about how the packers will be big players in the first round tomorrow. Between their 12 picks this year and 8 next year they have more than enough ammunition to move up to get Chubbs which is who everyone is saying they will be making a move to get. Should be a fun one tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Nelson, Davenport or if the Bears move to 11, James, Landry, McDonald's.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's only 31 and 7 months.

Didnt stop the bears from drafting kevin white just a couple years back.

I still think the pick at #8 will be ridley. First prospect they had a linked interest to, and they didnt exactly run to sign a #2/#3 WR outside gabriel/AR12. So either they have faith in KW to return and stay healthy, or they have plans to draft a WR early(round 1/2).

Now who i would be pissed if they passed on? Only Chubb. Nelson I get considering how much talent you can get at center/guard in this draft in round 2. Barkley isn't a need, and minkah while nice could be considered a luxury. However, if chubb is on the board and the bears bypass him I will be furious.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
...kidney stones!