Smith hates us

supra8795

Liked Posts:
I see it the other way. In my opinion, there is plenty to do in Chicago. Great neighborhoods, great bars and restaurants, lots of entertainment. Great museums and culture. I do not live in Chicago either. I think it is a super place to be. Sure there are areas to avoid, just like in any town or city.

I think he was being sarcastic.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did you see his body language? He clearly hates us

Roquan Smith May Have Copied a Trubisky Tactic To Gain Bears Favor

People love to say the NFL is a copycat league. That may sound cliche but it’s true. If you don’t figure out why something works for certain teams and figure out how to employ it yourself, you’re a step behind. Teams that are a step behind don’t win championships. This can also be applied to the draft. Players who are a step behind in how to gain favor with teams won’t be drafted high. Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith learned his lesson well.

One thing that has become clear about this Chicago Bears regime under Ryan Pace is they want players who want to be Bears. Matt Nagy likely delivered the decisive blow in his interview when he stated at the end he really wanted to coach Chicago. However, the OG of this methodology is their young quarterback Mitch Trubisky.

Nobody delivered a masterstroke in the “I want to be a Bear” arena than him. It took place before the 2017 draft when Pace tasked him with setting up a dinner meeting.

“PACE ALSO ORDERED TRUBISKY TO KEEP THE MEETING TOP SECRET, SO AS NOT TO TIP OFF ANYONE — NOT ANY TAR HEELS COACHES OR TEAMMATES, NOT ANY OTHER NFL EXECS OR AGENTS, NOT EVEN A CAMPUS METER MAID — TO THE BEARS’ INTEREST.

TRUBISKY TOOK THE DIRECTIVE AND PIECED THINGS TOGETHER.

BEFORE PACE AND HIS COHORTS ARRIVED ON CAMPUS, THE BEARS GM HAD A TEXT. DINNER AT 7 P.M.

THE VENUE: BIN 54, A TOP STEAKHOUSE IN NORTH CAROLINA’S TRIANGLE REGION. AND TO KEEP THE GATHERING COVERT, TRUBISKY MADE THE RESERVATION FOR SIX UNDER AN ALIAS: JAMES MCMAHON.”

Genius. Pace loved that move and further cemented his desire to make Trubisky a Bear. It would seem Smith, who could be a target for them at #8 overall, may have taken a page from that playbook.

Roquan Smith knows his football history, especially his Bears history
Smith spoke with Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune recently about his pre-draft experience and how his meeting went with the Bears. He seemed to love the idea of reuniting with Leonard Floyd, a former Georgia teammate and also pairing with Danny Trevathan. He sees no problem with playing in a 3-4, having done it through most of college.

When it came to playing for the Bears franchise itself? He made a rather interesting comment.

IF THE BEARS DRAFT SMITH, HE WOULD ENTER THE BUILDING WITH A BETTER IDEA THAN A LOT OF YOUNG PLAYERS OF THE BEARS’ RICH TRADITION AT OF THE LINEBACKER.

“DICK BUTKUS, BRIAN URLACHER, MIKE SINGLETARY, BILL GEORGE, LANCE BRIGGS. LOT OF GUYS,” SMITH SAID OFF THE TOP OF HIS HEAD. “I AM A FOOTBALL JUNKIE, SO I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE GAME AND A LOT OF HISTORY.”

Being a smart guy in the Xs and Os is one thing for the Bears. Yet to rattle off that many names, particularly Bill George who is one most people forget? That’s damn impressive. Everybody knows how much this franchise embraces its history and tradition. Smith almost certainly kept that in mind when he met them. A clever tactic indeed. Was it enough to win their favor?

We’ll find out if he’s still on the board when they go on the clock.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey botfly are you always a sack of shit or do you work hard for it.... You need to up your game, you are a negative ass person. At least omelet makes valid points, you just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks. Go get a haircut you fucking punk.

I like the pick, so don't really know what you're on about. Except the haircut. I get that a lot.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
We're talking about body language, again? What is it with this fanbase and trying to read into body language. It's the stupid Jay Cutler debate all over again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're talking about body language, again? What is it with this fanbase and trying to read into body language. It's the stupid Jay Cutler debate all over again.

Thats the joke man. Thats the joke. You get it, just for some reason you don't.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the pick, so don't really know what you're on about. Except the haircut. I get that a lot.

How does that poster know about your hair?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

The newbz don't know the Bot like some of us going back 15ish year's.

Come at my boi like that again Throwthefucktard. You millennial, condom snorting, ANTIFA Thunder cunt.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The Bears made him a millionaire by picking him 8th overall... Yeah, he hates us.

Such a bunch of negative Nancy's.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The newbz don't know the Bot like some of us going back 15ish year's.

Come at my boi like that again Throwthefucktard. You millennial, condom snorting, ANTIFA Thunder cunt.

condom snorting, lol

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bump. I told you guys

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19