1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
dan durkin
dan durkin
@djdurkin
·
2h
Smith's ability to chase in space in the run game is exceptional, but so is his pass coverage ability. Considering the amount of sub packages played, having two LBs who can cover is huge.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I dont hate Roquan. I thought they'd go a different direction, but you can't hate this kid. CAN'T! We got a great player and leader no doubt....but please get this kid with the Shaheemoth to work out a Chipotle regimen.

Edit: yes, "the Shaheemoth" is mine.... coined.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont hate Roquan. I thought they'd go a different direction, but you can't hate this kid. CAN'T! We got a great player and leader no doubt....but please get this kid with the Shaheemoth to work out a Chipotle regimen.

Edit: yes, "the Shaheemoth" is mine.... coined.

:enough:

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I'm very happy with the pick. I was very surprised Chubb went when he did, was kind of hoping he would fall to the Colts so we had a chance to move up but I am absolutely happy with picking Smith at 8. Very happy Pace didn't sell the farm to move up a couple spots and even happier he didn't move down to collect picks and get someone we 'hope' would be a standout player. Pace went with who I believe was the best player available while also filling one of our needs. Pair him with Floyd and we might surprise many people with how well out LB play will be.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh you can go ahead and take needs out of quotations. It was undoubtedly a need.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Oh you can go ahead and take needs out of quotations. It was undoubtedly a need.

Imagine how awesome our front 7 could be if Floyd and Goldman stay healthy. Goldman up the middle, hicks on the edge, then Floyd and Smith bringing pressure from the edge or right up the middle. This could also be a great chance to bring back the "Sugar" play with either 1 LB's blitzing up the middle or bringing 1 to blitz and the other dropping into coverage. They very well could be Urlacher/Briggs 2.0

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario: he ends up being Mike Singletary / Ray Lewis / Patrick Willis clone
Worse case scenario: he ends up being a bust

We'll se what happens, he seems like a high floor player with a very good ceiling, definition of a safe pick, and at position of need (we lacked both depth and starting caliber player at ILB, Kwiatkowski and Timu are just decent backups, nothing more).

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario: he ends up being Mike Singletary / Ray Lewis / Patrick Willis clone
Worse case scenario: he ends up being a bust

We'll se what happens, he seems like a high floor player with a very good ceiling, definition of a safe pick, and at position of need (we lacked both depth and starting caliber player at ILB, Kwiatkowski and Timu are just decent backups, nothing more).

Gee, thanks captain obvious.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
BPA.............what's to hate. First vid I saw last night Smith sheds a pulling guard and gets a TFL.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I am very happy with this pick. For once, Pace didn't try to be the smartest man in the room. Very simple low risk - high reward pick.

I predict Smith will be Pace's 1st draft pick to be voted to a Pro Bowl.

Well done Pace. Now trade down in the 2nd adding in one of our 4ths to get a 3rd and don't overthink the 2nd round pick.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A smaller, less explosive version of Patrick Willis at 8 overall...eh I’m indifferent.

Love his instincts and what I read about his intangibles and leadership. I think at best you are getting a Jonathan Vilma type player. Solid but not a home run.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I didn't know him and Floyd were teammates at GA as well. That's pretty cool.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
A smaller, less explosive version of Patrick Willis at 8 overall...eh I’m indifferent.

Love his instincts and what I read about his intangibles and leadership. I think at best you are getting a Jonathan Vilma type player. Solid but not a home run.

Wat? He's extremely explosive. Far more so that Vilma. His burst is undeniable.