Roquan Smith Highlights

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Well, he doesn't look as commanding as Urlacher but better than Shea. His highlights show no interceptions, his stats are incomplete and show no interceptions over 3 years. He's defense doing a defensive job.
I don't know how much of a limb you want me to go on for that, do I have to say he's great or he sucks?

How many LBs in the NFL nevermind coming out of college look as commanding as BU? Thats just an unfair comparison to this kid. BU is one of the greatest to ever play the position. The only stat im worried about is tackles. He doesnt need 10 sacks and 5 interceptions to be disruptive. Tackle everything sideline to sideline, bat some passes down and pressure the qb and this defense will be all the better.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like to see both sides. Link to the lowlights please.

I just watched the versus Alabama and versus Oklahoma games and I was very unimpressed. Sure, he had a few nice plays in each one but he also had missed tackles and getting eaten up by offensive linemen.

I hope Fangio can put him in great situations to have him play at his best, but I am not so high on him after seeing him play poorly in the two biggest games of his college career.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was the right pick. There were a handful of elite players at the top of the draft. The QB run allowed them to fall and the Bears did the right thing accepting the gift.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
That hit at 1:54 through the trash was ridiculously good closing speed, great angle without hesitation. Looks like a young Patrick Willis

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How many LBs in the NFL nevermind coming out of college look as commanding as BU? Thats just an unfair comparison to this kid. BU is one of the greatest to ever play the position. The only stat im worried about is tackles. He doesnt need 10 sacks and 5 interceptions to be disruptive. Tackle everything sideline to sideline, bat some passes down and pressure the qb and this defense will be all the better.

If you want me to get hyped up about a top 10 pick it needs to be a special talent like Urlacher. Sorry.
If you want to win with defense they had better be getting interceptions. Tackling for gains only slows the other team down. We should be very experienced watching that dink and dunk us to death game while our offense can't keep up to know what it takes for defense to win. Interceptions stop the other team and instantly turns it back to them. I sure as hell hope the desire for defense on CCS wasn't just to tackle the other team so they can walk down the field slower.
I can find highlights of anyone.
So yeah, I'll wait and see. You are free to get as hyped as you want about an undersized tackler and crown his ass if you want.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I am happy with the pick. Considering how it fell it made sense. To me it was between smith and Fitz. Smith fills a larger hole so it seemed logical before the draft and during it.

I was worried we would take the OT from ND, glad we passed.

I’ll admit I was a little jealous of the trade down the Bucs received, they received 3rd overall pick value, capitalized on. QB desperate team, was hoping we could do that but it wasn’t in the cards. Looking at what the raiders got I would not have been happy at all with just a 3rd.

Bucs then blew it by passing on James, just my opinion but that made it easier.

Packers made the move of the night, gaining a 1st and 5th for a 3rd and moving down 4 spots. However those 3 picks were all a tier above talent wise.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That hit at 1:54 through the trash was ridiculously good closing speed, great angle without hesitation. Looks like a young Patrick Willis

Watch the play at 8:59 if you want to see real closing speed (has a replay also).

[video=youtube;RtvdHSsHZXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvdHSsHZXs[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want me to get hyped up about a top 10 pick it needs to be a special talent like Urlacher. Sorry.
If you want to win with defense they had better be getting interceptions. Tackling for gains only slows the other team down. We should be very experienced watching that dink and dunk us to death game while our offense can't keep up to know what it takes for defense to win. Interceptions stop the other team and instantly turns it back to them. I sure as hell hope the desire for defense on CCS wasn't just to tackle the other team so they can walk down the field slower.
So yeah, I'll wait and see. You are free to get as hyped as you want about an undersized tackler and crown his ass if you want.

I have a feeling if you were there when Urlacher got drafted with as much information out as today you would have been apoplectic that the Bears drafted a safety from a small school to play linebacker in the NFL and then he didn't begin the season as a starter!?

Can you imagine what would happen here if R.Smith couldn't beat out Kwiatkowski and start? lol...an injury opened the door for Urlacher and he was a revelation the second he stepped on the field. Until that moment you would have slurped the stream of tears running down your face and blasted Pace in an incoherent stream of babble ad nauseum.

Well done humanity we are creating drama queens of us all.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Urlacher was a total question mark when he was drafted. This is hindsight and revisionist history.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling if you were there when Urlacher got drafted with as much information out as today you would have been apoplectic that the Bears drafted a safety from a small school to play linebacker in the NFL and then he didn't begin the season as a starter!?

Can you imagine what would happen here if R.Smith couldn't beat out Kwiatkowski and start? lol...an injury opened the door for Urlacher and he was a revelation the second he stepped on the field. Until that moment you would have slurped the stream of tears running down your face and blasted Pace in an incoherent stream of babble ad nauseum.

Well done humanity we are creating drama queens of us all.

I don't know about apologetic but definitely wait and see. There were things I read about Smith that didn't make me want him, people here got me warmed up to him although not completely sold. People here got me to go from warmed up about Edmunds to being against him.

Urlacher was a total question mark when he was drafted. This is hindsight and revisionist history.

I agree. That's why I'll take a wait and see approach.