Dodgers lose Corey Seager for all of 2018 to tommy john

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Huge lost for a team that struggled out of the gate this year...

Looks like Dbacks could cruise to division title now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/991084100353122304

Saw yahoo sports speculating a machado trade might be in their future.

Machado is making $16 mil, which would be prorated of course but they're only $15 mil under the CBT. Basically they wouldn't be able to make any other moves but Machado. I'd be surprised if they do it. Getting him would still be no guarantee that they win that division and you wouldn't do that for a WC shot.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I also don't think any team is quite ready to pull the trigger on a bet-the-farm (literally) transaction that would send the cream of one's farm system to Baltimore for a remainder-of-the-season rental of Machado. And I don't see the O's letting Machado go for anything less than, say, the Yankees got for the late-season rental of Chapman.

I can see a team like the Indians, who perhaps believe their window is closing, doing an all-for-nothing kind of transaction to push them over the edge. But most of those teams don't improve noticeably with Machado. Certainly the Indians don't -- unless you put Machado back at third, which wouldn't make for a happy and productive Manny, I don't believe.

The contending-type teams that would improve noticeably -- the Cubs and the Dodgers, for example -- would each have to unload some salary in such a transaction, which lessens the value of the trade. And the Cubs and Dodgers don't, I believe, see themselves at the very end of their windows. Certainly the Cubs aren't pushing to win at least one WS in this window, since they've already accomplished that. So, the desperation factor is lower for the Cubs.

This all adds up, I believe, to Machado not being traded until right at the trade deadline, if at all. I don't see Seager's loss pushing the Dodgers into a bet-the-farm action as of yet. Let them have Turner back for a month and, if they don't feel they're back on track but are still in the running for their division, maybe you'd see it then. But now? Naw...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They have to ask if he alone makes them the favored in the NL. I don’t honestly.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
They have to ask if he alone makes them the favored in the NL. I don’t honestly.

They're 8 games back of the Diamondbacks which is substantial. An MLB Radio host suggested they try to trade for Jose Abreau and move Bellinger to the OF. That actually makes a little sense.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're 8 games back of the Diamondbacks which is substantial. An MLB Radio host suggested they try to trade for Jose Abreau and move Bellinger to the OF. That actually makes a little sense.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

They're 8 back but their Pythagorean is 15-13 and it's still so early. The Giants aren't a contender and Arizona isn't going to play .700 ball going forever. One fortunate week and they're only 3-4 back.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
They're 8 back but their Pythagorean is 15-13 and it's still so early. The Giants aren't a contender and Arizona isn't going to play .700 ball going forever. One fortunate week and they're only 3-4 back.

All of that is true. They just don't look very good. If it's possible to have a must win game on 5/1 they have one tonight with Kershaw on the mound against the D-Backs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dodgers lack pitching to make a substantial run this year. Hill is always a injury time off issue. Outside of him and Shaw not one is a dominate play off force. We stole their 3rd SP arm and best weapon in the pen.

Right now the Cubs are the measuring stick. I just don’t see them matching up right now pre injury. Doing a trade just puts them back not ahead.

Nats IMO are the 2nd best team. Azl not sold yet on them. It really depends if Zach steps up or not.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Dodgers lack pitching to make a substantial run this year. Hill is always a injury time off issue. Outside of him and Shaw not one is a dominate play off force. We stole their 3rd SP arm and best weapon in the pen.

Right now the Cubs are the measuring stick. I just don’t see them matching up right now pre injury. Doing a trade just puts them back not ahead.

Nats IMO are the 2nd best team. Azl not sold yet on them. It really depends if Zach steps up or not.

Agree on the pitching. I only picked to win the division because of some D-Backs injuries in ST. Not sure I agree on the Nats though, they might be bad and that’s suddenly a tough division.