Bears have no players ranked in top players 100-80

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson's injury is the only reason he's as low as 50. If he had kept going the way he was, he'd have been in the top 10 and probably league MVP.

He will never play 14+ games in a season and not be in the top 10.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that I don't think Watson has the talent to be on the list eventually but putting him on the list with a few great games played and a bunch of clunkers before those is basically a joke

LoL

A "bunch of clunkers"???

Dude started six games and dominated in four of them. Where is this long list of "clunkers"?

Are you sure you are not thinking of Mitchell Trubisky and his eleven clunkers?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't he play 7 games? Balled out in 4 and stunk it up in 3...hurr durr durr...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't he play 7 games? Balled out in 4 and stunk it up in 3...hurr durr durr...
Actually 6.5. He got thrown into the second half of the Week 2 game cold and looked like a rookie QB thrown into the second half of a game cold. Second start came three days later on TNF where everyone kinda sucks...especially a rookie QB that had the job for three days.

After that came a five game streak where Watson was averaging three scores a game. But let's just keep belittling his accomplishments because it somehow makes everyone feel better about Trubisky's mediocre 2017.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All you Watson dick licklers turn everything into a comparison. This thread is about the top 100 and who is on it or not on it. Has nothing to do with Trubisky. Holler at me when you want to actually talk merits of being on the list. I don't give a shit who it is. No rookie deserves a ranking on the list after 7 games.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All you Watson dick licklers turn everything into a comparison. This thread is about the top 100 and who is on it or not on it. Has nothing to do with Trubisky. Holler at me when you want to actually talk merits of being on the list. I don't give a shit who it is. No rookie deserves a ranking on the list after 7 games.

At least we can agree that a Top 100 NFL Players List certainly has nothing to do with Mitchell Trubisky. Appreciate you letting me know you are so above this conversation because you are only interested in the merits of players you don't have some unfounded bias against.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice strawman. I've been on record for a long time that I wanted the Bears to draft Watson...so try again.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice strawman. I've been on record for a long time that I wanted the Bears to draft Watson...so try again.
Strawman???

On record???

Watson???

Gonna need some elaboration or a few links before we let you join the "Watson Dicklickers Club".

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All you Watson dick licklers turn everything into a comparison.

If Watson wasn't in the Trubisky draft class and wasn't viewed as a contemporary/peer rival of his as a result, people on here would not be so eager to downplay his performance. Alas they will always be compared to each other for that reason. Same with Goff and Wentz.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm in the "I hope Trubisky is Eventually Better Than Watson, But for the Time Being I'll Enjoy Watching Watson Play the Position at a High Level" Club.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just from a quick search:

Hey I can't blame you for it. My dad has been eyeing selling his. I told him to give it a little longer before he pulls that trigger.

I would love Watson or Trubisky but I have already said several times that frankly I won't even judge Pace on whatever guy he grabs even if its neither of them. I simply will not tolerate him standing pat with Glennon.

Wanted Watson but said from the get go I didn't give a shit who Pace took but he absolutely had to take a quarterback in the 2017 draft. I would have been calling for his head on a silver platter if he went 3 years without drafting a starting caliber quarterback. I got behind Mitch from the moment they moved up to #2 and picked him. When they moved up I was like holy shit they're taking a QB but had no idea who. I was as happy as a pig in shit.

http://xer0hour.com/QBpoll.png

QBpoll.png

So...yeah. I always liked Watson from the get go.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Watson wasn't in the Trubisky draft class and wasn't viewed as a contemporary/peer rival of his as a result, people on here would not be so eager to downplay his performance. Alas they will always be compared to each other for that reason. Same with Goff and Wentz.

That is fine when the topic of conversation is Trubisky and Watson...its not...hence why people go batshit about the endless comparison circle jerk.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That is fine when the topic of conversation is Trubisky and Watson...its not...hence why people go batshit about the endless comparison circle jerk.

Why is it unfair to talk about the accomplishments of Watson in this thread?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is it unfair to talk about the accomplishments of Watson in this thread?

I never said it is unfair to do so? I said there is no need to make it into anything about Watson versus Trubisky when clearly the topic is about the top 100 and Watson being on it. If you want to wax poetic about Watson belonging or not on the list go ahead. Won't change my opinion that no rookie ever deserves a place on the list with a mere 7 games played, 6.5 if you're being a stickler. That isn't even half a season. Meanwhile players that ball out for multiple years don't even get a ranking.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I never said it is unfair to do so? I said there is no need to make it into anything about Watson versus Trubisky when clearly the topic is about the top 100 and Watson being on it. If you want to wax poetic about Watson belonging or not on the list go ahead. Won't change my opinion that no rookie ever deserves a place on the list with a mere 7 games played, 6.5 if you're being a stickler. That isn't even half a season. Meanwhile players that ball out for multiple years don't even get a ranking.

But why are you so bothered by this?