CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's tiresome. The MJ vs. Lebron stuff is just lazy. It's an easy debate to generate, and it draws attention, but it's stupid. I just don't understand the need poke holes in a guy who is clearly the best player of this generation. Why? Why not just enjoy a guy playing at the ultimate highest level, on the highest stage?

It's fucking ludicrous to me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just want to enjoy basketball. When is the last time a true underdog story occurred in the NBA? No, I don't mean a #1 seed in the east beating a #1 seed in the west after key players were limited or lost due to injury. LeBron is a product of the NBA, but just because I see him for who he is, a normally great player who has been given special treatment 10x that of any other player to ever play the game, doesn't mean I don't enjoy basketball, enjoy other teams, and I don't enjoy the things LeBron does on his own that are truly impressive, which is why I don't get why he does the stupid shit, like meddle in the front office and flop so damn much.

Like I said, unless people are willing to call out flops and stop giving players such a huge pass, they make the game worse. Rewarding serial floppers to me is stupid. The league promised to fine players, but then realized they couldn't go after the face of the league because it's bad business. Well, like anything, they need to take their medicine before this cancer spreads to the point that it is out of control. That means getting to the point where LeBron gets suspended for flopping, James Harden is fined, Ginobili gets suspended, Marcus Smart, Chris Paul, Westbrook, Wade, Griff, Curry, Tony Parker, Lowry, .... notice how that list is loaded with *mostly* all-stars and some future HoFers? Because the league rewards flopping.

My whole TL;DR point is, the LeBron hate would be severely reduced if the flopping rules were actually enforced in the league, and not just super-selectively. If he was given 400% less superstar treatment, closer to that of say the Jordan that he is compared to. LeBron would earn the respect of 10x more fans and make a real case for his legacy, where now it is tainted nearly from top to bottom. Heck, I really love Bill Laimbeer, I know a good chunk of you are a little younger and mostly caught the 2nd 3-peat Bulls and did not get to fully experience that Pistons rivalry, but damn do I respect the hell out of Freddie because even though we was a dirty player, he was also held accountable and had a certain kind of competitive nature that we have not seen since. Rivalries don't account for my opinion, the player accounts for my opinion of them, and LeBron is a poser that flashes every so often.

It's almost like letting Simon Cowell commish all the world's music, and he gets to decide who is the greatest. And when he finds out quickly he's wrong about who is truly, he puts his thumb on the scale just to rig the industry, therefore making a false idol. And some of us do not like listening to One Direction, but now there is a group of people who defend One Direction, therefore anyone who criticizes them doesn't like music. Sounds rational.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just want to enjoy basketball. When is the last time a true underdog story occurred in the NBA? No, I don't mean a #1 seed in the east beating a #1 seed in the west after key players were limited or lost due to injury.

Probably the 2004 Pistons. Before that you have to go to the 1995 Rockets, who were defending champs, but a 6th seed.

Before that.. Umm, the 1970s?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's tiresome. The MJ vs. Lebron stuff is just lazy. It's an easy debate to generate, and it draws attention, but it's stupid. I just don't understand the need poke holes in a guy who is clearly the best player of this generation. Why? Why not just enjoy a guy playing at the ultimate highest level, on the highest stage?

I agree. What I'm also getting sick of is this notion that every teammate LeBron's ever had is a bum. They were debating on Undisputed today who had more help: LeBron or Jordan? Many analysts seem to not think much of Wade, Bosh, Kyrie etc

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's almost as if having the best players nearly guarantees you a championship.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Also doesn't help when guys like Nick Wright are constantly throwing fuel onto the fire.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably the 2004 Pistons. Before that you have to go to the 1995 Rockets, who were defending champs, but a 6th seed.

Before that.. Umm, the 1970s?

I'm probably in the minority here, but I would enjoy the NBA a lot more if KD didn't go to the Warriors. But maybe that's just me.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I would enjoy the NBA a lot more if KD didn't go to the Warriors. But maybe that's just me.
It would be, but it wouldn't fix the problem that is the Eastern Conference.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It would be, but it wouldn't fix the problem that is the Eastern Conference.

Need a few frozen envelopes and a lottery rigging aka Derrick Rose as a start.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
East probably need better GMs. Philly may be the best hope for now. Maybe Boston if they ever get healthy.
This. East has a lot of absolutely terrible GMs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The GOAT being one of them.
He's probably one of the worst offenders of this epidemic plaguing the East. Whoever is in charge of the Knicks is the worst though. It's like that position is permanently cursed.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's probably one of the worst offenders of this epidemic plaguing the East. Whoever is in charge of the Knicks is the worst though. It's like that position is permanently cursed.
And how Grunfeld is still a GM is beyond me.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And how Grunfeld is still a GM is beyond me.
Grunfield feels like a GarPax to me...someone who has done an ok job, but has far outstayed his welcome.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Grunfield feels like a GarPax to me...someone who has done an ok job, but has far outstayed his welcome.
Garpax can draft better. Grunfeld can trade better.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I know people think this goes against popular belief, but the NBA desperately needs expansion.

Two new teams go to the Western Conference(Seattle for sure and maybe Las Vegas or Kansas City), then move Memphis and either New Orleans or Minnesota to the East. Go to 4 divisions, seed the division champs in the top 4(increases teams accolades even if they're not legit title contenders) and can help reduce travel for more teams.

That right there fixes the conference problems. Also gives you two new teams to seek max contract players. Then fix the lottery and CBA, one to address the player issue so teams would have a hard time signing more than one max player and the other to address a number of issues with the lottery as I mentioned around 4 times in prior posts.

Next, enforce the damn flopping rules, enforce the travel rules, and BAM, you now have made the NBA 500% better and more profitable.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know people think this goes against popular belief, but the NBA desperately needs expansion.

Two new teams go to the Western Conference(Seattle for sure and maybe Las Vegas or Kansas City), then move Memphis and either New Orleans or Minnesota to the East. Go to 4 divisions, seed the division champs in the top 4(increases teams accolades even if they're not legit title contenders) and can help reduce travel for more teams.

That right there fixes the conference problems. Also gives you two new teams to seek max contract players. Then fix the lottery and CBA, one to address the player issue so teams would have a hard time signing more than one max player and the other to address a number of issues with the lottery as I mentioned around 4 times in prior posts.

Next, enforce the damn flopping rules, enforce the travel rules, and BAM, you now have made the NBA 500% better and more profitable.

I agree with you on the fact that it would entice players looking for a max contract into a potentially unconventional market. However, there already isn't enough starpower in the league to fill out the current teams. Every year you can pin down maybe 6 teams that even have a remote shot at winning it all. Add two more, spread out the talent and it hurts parity even more.