IST: Cubs @ Cardinals

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I had a friend text me last night telling me that Epstein, Maddon and Hoyer need to be canned ASAP. His reasoning is that Maddon didn't put Strop in and that Esptein has made bad decisions with Heyward and Darvish.

I was speechless.

It goes a lot farther than that. Look at who is in the league lead for Home runs? What did we get in return for Christian Villanueva? Reminds me of Josh Donaldson and to a lesser degree LeMahieu, a throw in to remove Colvin from here. Yeah, I know, not all god Epsteins problems, but sure seems like Villanueva could have been built up somehow, even for his incredible hands at third. Yeah, his 7 errors in 227 innings are like Javy errors.

Maybe it would be some A ball pitcher, but instead he was just released and allowed to sign elsewhere. Those are the things that stick me, inasmuch as so many forum members with their abacus have to interject some slide rule stat in every fucking series thread, there are the group that watches the minors like hawks and it sure seems like Theo missed an opportunity with Villanueva.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
It goes a lot farther than that. Look at who is in the league lead for Home runs? What did we get in return for Christian Villanueva? Reminds me of Josh Donaldson and to a lesser degree LeMahieu, a throw in to remove Colvin from here. Yeah, I know, not all god Epsteins problems, but sure seems like Villanueva could have been built up somehow, even for his incredible hands at third. Yeah, his 7 errors in 227 innings are like Javy errors.

Maybe it would be some A ball pitcher, but instead he was just released and allowed to sign elsewhere. Those are the things that stick me, inasmuch as so many forum members with their abacus have to interject some slide rule stat in every fucking series thread, there are the group that watches the minors like hawks and it sure seems like Theo missed an opportunity with Villanueva.

You're literally complaining about a guy who, at age 26, has only played like a handful of innings total at non 1B/3B positions when the Cubs have the best 3B in baseball and a top 5 1B?

Donaldson was a throwin by the previous front office over a decade agao that no one can ever predict and LeMahieu for Ian Stewart is one of those trades that you shrug your shoulders at. It's not like with Castro then Zobrist the Cubs ever had a place for DJ.

The Cubs and Theo will look bad if a slew of young, hearlded prospects come up to the majors and then never progress further (Happ, Russell, Schwarber, Baez to a certain extent). I really don't get how that could be any FO guy's fault considering all of those guys had immense success in the minors and were ready to be in the majors and just never took that next step in their own development.

And call me at the end of the year with Villaneuva's stats; his hot start is not going to be a 40 HR season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago fans are pretty nutty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya watch out for cliffs as the lemmings are jumpy tonight.

We are no good. Might as well trade them all and start tanking again. Another 125 years

CSF77

Liked Posts:
We are no good. Might as well trade them all and start tanking again. Another 125 years

Yep. Maddon is a nut case that forgot to pay his illusionist last year and got a disappearing act in the wins collum as karma.

Then the PJ party on the plane. Yep teddy bears Stolen and the little terrible twos are acting up again....