IST: Cubs vs Marlins

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Im not sure you need to lead him off but i wouldn't mind seeing him play most days. Obviously vs LHP leading off makes sense but I'm not sure how I feel about him leading off vs RHP. Honestly, I wouldn't hate them letting Schwarber lead off vs RHP. If you're not going to start Zobrist every day then Schwarber has the best OBP vs RHP.

As a lead off:

Almora: .294/.342/.368
Rizzo: .250/.250/1.000
Zobrist: .214/.267/.214
Happ: .186/.255/.302
Contreras: .167/.167/.167

I get it in theory but in reality he is the best that they have. Not even close. Add to it he is the best CF D by far. This really shouldn't be a issue right now. But for some reason Joe thinks A.A. can't handle everyday. Well let production dictate that.

I honestly liked Almora/Zobrist at the top. I really don't buy into RBI's making K.B.'s value go up but I do believe that RBI's helps with team wins. So you have to feed your power.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't expect much. Iowa has torn him up this year. But MLB hitters are another animal. Nothing wrong with a start. If he does well he could replace Farrell when Darvish returns.

Well, since we're going to be shut out, it won't matter. :)

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
As a lead off:

Almora: .294/.342/.368
Rizzo: .250/.250/1.000
Zobrist: .214/.267/.214
Happ: .186/.255/.302
Contreras: .167/.167/.167

I get it in theory but in reality he is the best that they have. Not even close. Add to it he is the best CF D by far. This really shouldn't be a issue right now. But for some reason Joe thinks A.A. can't handle everyday. Well let production dictate that.

I honestly liked Almora/Zobrist at the top. I really don't buy into RBI's making K.B.'s value go up but I do believe that RBI's helps with team wins. So you have to feed your power.

I think it has less to do with Maddon thinking he can't play everyday and more to do with the fact he's hitting .263/.300/.298 vs RHP. As I said, I'm not opposed to Almora playing more for 2 reasons. One is obviously his defense. Even if he isn't hitting you get that. And the other reason is I think his high contact style eventually is going to work vs RHP. Reason I said I don't know that you lead him off vs RHP is because that sort of line doesn't work very well out of the lead off spot. If he's learning on the job you probably park him 7th or 8th.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think it has less to do with Maddon thinking he can't play everyday and more to do with the fact he's hitting .263/.300/.298 vs RHP. As I said, I'm not opposed to Almora playing more for 2 reasons. One is obviously his defense. Even if he isn't hitting you get that. And the other reason is I think his high contact style eventually is going to work vs RHP. Reason I said I don't know that you lead him off vs RHP is because that sort of line doesn't work very well out of the lead off spot. If he's learning on the job you probably park him 7th or 8th.

.263/.300/.298 is still better than what everyone else has done there.

I get Joe trying to get all involved but eventually you have to stabilize the lead off.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
.263/.300/.298 is still better than what everyone else has done there.

I get Joe trying to get all involved but eventually you have to stabilize the lead off.

Schwarber is hitting .299/.393/.623 vs RHP. Like I said, I'm not opposed to Almora playing more but Schwarber is playing vs RHP. Even if you don't want to mess with him again there, Heyward is hitting .257/.346/.414 vs RHP. This is the entire point why I don't see someone like KK as being useful. Almora's hitting .310/.375/.586 vs LHP so sure lead him off there but elevate Schwarber or Heyward if you're going to start Almora vs RHP. If you're not going to play Almora vs RHP then bat Zobrist lead off with presumably Heyward in CF.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So, there's a lot of hype around the idea of Bryant/Harper being close friends but I think it's also sort of interesting that Almora and Machado grew up childhood friends. Recruit all the uber players!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Thing is...
Is there really anyone else on this team that can be plugged in there and do that much better and not disrupt the rest of the lineup

Youd like to keep Bryant Rizzo Contreras and Schwarber in more of RBI opportunities at 2 thru 5 ..

Russell Heyward and Baez are no better then Almora now..

Zobrist and Happ aren't everyday players

So, it not like they have better options

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So, there's a lot of hype around the idea of Bryant/Harper being close friends but I think it's also sort of interesting that Almora and Machado grew up childhood friends. Recruit all the uber players!

Girardi Manager
Machado SS
Harper RF

That TV deal will sky rocket..lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Would never happen with the Lux tax. They are riding it already with no major contract shedding. Then you still have to deal with Arb increases.

Very pipe dream

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Every day:

I would go best D. The O is unstable so you have to stabilize run pervention.

Almora CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez 2B (plenty of errors but he gets to balls that get by others that lead to those errors)
Schwarber LF ( don’t think there is much difference between him and Happ at D now)
Contreras C
Heyward RF
Russell SS

now I see the main issue going on is Rizzo right now and maybe swapping him and Schwarber maybe needed. Keep the lower production at lower impact until production dictates differently.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thing is...
Is there really anyone else on this team that can be plugged in there and do that much better and not disrupt the rest of the lineup

Youd like to keep Bryant Rizzo Contreras and Schwarber in more of RBI opportunities at 2 thru 5 ..

Russell Heyward and Baez are no better then Almora now..

Zobrist and Happ aren't everyday players

So, it not like they have better options

Baez has more RBI’s than strikeouts and leads the team in slugging and ops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say what? Almora has a wRC+ of 98, Baez is at 155 and currently the second best hitter on the team. The defense will likely correct itself.

Last time I checked he is at 1.4 fWAR with a -.3 in D. Lol. Yea, that will balance itself. Maddon said it’s just a little funk because he is one of the best defenders in the league.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
so 14 yesterday means what...3 today?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I'm not particularly enthusiastic about Tseng getting the start tonight. His ERA is 8.05.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't expect much. Iowa has torn him up this year. But MLB hitters are another animal. Nothing wrong with a start. If he does well he could replace Farrell when Darvish returns.

I don't know what the moves were yet. They said Farrell was sent down for Mazzoli.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Every day:

I would go best D. The O is unstable so you have to stabilize run pervention.

Almora CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Baez 2B (plenty of errors but he gets to balls that get by others that lead to those errors)
Schwarber LF ( don’t think there is much difference between him and Happ at D now)
Contreras C
Heyward RF
Russell SS

now I see the main issue going on is Rizzo right now and maybe swapping him and Schwarber maybe needed. Keep the lower production at lower impact until production dictates differently.
Happ is twice the defender than Schwarber. Schwarber can barely run without falling down. Love how you twisted the narrative to make Scharber fit into a preferred defensive alternative LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Would never happen with the Lux tax. They are riding it already with no major contract shedding. Then you still have to deal with Arb increases.

Very pipe dream
It was a pipe dream..
hence the LoL at the end..

Though i do think as the Lux tax rises so will payroll and with the TV deal, they may consider going over depending on who that player(s) is..
Nothing impossible

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Baez has more RBI’s than strikeouts and leads the team in slugging and ops.

What that got to do with leading off?

Rather have him in Middle of order then

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Say what? Almora has a wRC+ of 98, Baez is at 155 and currently the second best hitter on the team. The defense will likely correct itself.
Ok..
Maybe i should of cleared this up..

Im talking about leading off only
Not overall player comparison