IST: Cubs vs Marlins

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Happ is twice the defender than Schwarber. Schwarber can barely run without falling down. Love how you twisted the narrative to make Scharber fit into a preferred defensive alternative LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO

In a position where you see some of the worst defenders in the history of the game play flag poles it holds little impact.

Schwarber is more advanced as a hitter. Plain and simple and the runs lost outweigh any runs saved there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok..
Maybe i should of cleared this up..

Im talking about leading off only
Not overall player comparison

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Baez would not be a ideal lead off. I honestly like him batting clean up right now more than anything. He is always in the thick of it and you want that where it causes the most damage.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
In a position where you see some of the worst defenders in the history of the game play flag poles it holds little impact.

Schwarber is more advanced as a hitter. Plain and simple and the runs lost outweigh any runs saved there.
But that's not what you said. You said that Schwarber is better defensively than Happ, which is ridiculous. Schwarber has already fallen down/slipped/tripped 4 times this year on various plays. He is not only bad, but possibly the worst defender in the MLB. So, hitting wasnt part of your original point

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It was a pipe dream..
hence the LoL at the end..

Though i do think as the Lux tax rises so will payroll and with the TV deal, they may consider going over depending on who that player(s) is..
Nothing impossible

What everyone seems to be saying that does not get thru is THESE ARE THE PLAYERS. Russell, Baez, Contrares, Hendricks, Bryant, Schwarber. Which player would it be smart to lock up long term. Wait, we cant, just choosing one will put us over, let alone these pipe dreams of Harper and Machado.

The only one that MIGHT, just MIGHT accept something is Hendricks to buy out his arbitration years for 35-40 maybe. He pitches like he did yesterday and his arby will be close 8-10 million. That was the cost of Darvish, that guy we needed so bad that ends up being a fucking 3?

Marlins are drawing some 10,000 fans a game. Cubs are around 30 with those bad weather days dropping the numbers, but those tickets were probably sold anyway.

You get Machado, Russell will most likely be the one to go, so you traded his cool million for what 8 now and then 20?

This is a very slippery slope this team is on. If each get paid without another 20-30 million dollar man being signed, this might work, but eventually these guys making close to minimum will just get frustrated if they cant afford them because we keep looking to sign these superstars.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Baez would not be a ideal lead off. I honestly like him batting clean up right now more than anything. He is always in the thick of it and you want that where it causes the most damage.

yeah, but if they keep fucking with almora, he is the disruptive guy on the bases. A guy that can steal 20 if they let him. Keep zobrist up there taking walks and its station to station wait for the dinger. This was an anomaly, with Rizzo sitting. Baez will be out today, maybe a few days so he probably returns being in the 8 hole again.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I know..
That what i origionally said when i asked who would ne that much better then Almora there

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
What everyone seems to be saying that does not get thru is THESE ARE THE PLAYERS. Russell, Baez, Contrares, Hendricks, Bryant, Schwarber. Which player would it be smart to lock up long term. Wait, we cant, just choosing one will put us over, let alone these pipe dreams of Harper and Machado.

The only one that MIGHT, just MIGHT accept something is Hendricks to buy out his arbitration years for 35-40 maybe. He pitches like he did yesterday and his arby will be close 8-10 million. That was the cost of Darvish, that guy we needed so bad that ends up being a fucking 3?

Marlins are drawing some 10,000 fans a game. Cubs are around 30 with those bad weather days dropping the numbers, but those tickets were probably sold anyway.

You get Machado, Russell will most likely be the one to go, so you traded his cool million for what 8 now and then 20?

This is a very slippery slope this team is on. If each get paid without another 20-30 million dollar man being signed, this might work, but eventually these guys making close to minimum will just get frustrated if they cant afford them because we keep looking to sign these superstars.

You're going to reach a point where you're going to have to start trading guys for younger talent. If I'm the Cubs I'm looking to lock up Schwarber, and maybe Baez right now and set your sights on trying to retain Bryant in FA. In another year you might start looking at Contreras. The bottom line though is that there is probably going to come a time when they have an injury plagued year and start to make selling decisions. Big market clubs can maintain longer windows than small and mid market teams but it's not by signing all your own guys. You target some guys you want to keep, clearly Bryant is the face of the franchise so he's part of your long term planning financially, and then you sign some of your guys to deals where you can either keep or trade the players if they perform. It's too simple to say just lock up all your guys and don't sign FA.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But that's not what you said. You said that Schwarber is better defensively than Happ, which is ridiculous. Schwarber has already fallen down/slipped/tripped 4 times this year on various plays. He is not only bad, but possibly the worst defender in the MLB. So, hitting wasnt part of your original point

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=16478&position=OF

Uzr150: 2.3. Which is positive value. You have to include all of what he does vs pinpoint what he doesn’t.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You're going to reach a point where you're going to have to start trading guys for younger talent. If I'm the Cubs I'm looking to lock up Schwarber, and maybe Baez right now and set your sights on trying to retain Bryant in FA. In another year you might start looking at Contreras. The bottom line though is that there is probably going to come a time when they have an injury plagued year and start to make selling decisions. Big market clubs can maintain longer windows than small and mid market teams but it's not by signing all your own guys. You target some guys you want to keep, clearly Bryant is the face of the franchise so he's part of your long term planning financially, and then you sign some of your guys to deals where you can either keep or trade the players if they perform. It's too simple to say just lock up all your guys and don't sign FA.

If it is me I’m thinking trading Russell. He has fell short and his pay will increase under Boras. Baez should become the everyday guy.

Then at 2B you have Bote upwelling and honestly with Zo, Happ and LaStella you can find line up configuration.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Only position player id 100 % lock up today is Bryant..
Contreras would be the other id consider..

The others Baez Russell Schwarber Happ , id wait on..

As far as trading..
Im always for upgrading

For me the only guys i wouldn't trade would be Contreras Rizzo and Bryant..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Only position player id 100 % lock up today is Bryant..
Contreras would be the other id consider..

The others Baez Russell Schwarber Happ , id wait on..

As far as trading..
Im always for upgrading

For me the only guys i wouldn't trade would be Contreras Rizzo and Bryant..

Normally you would trade from system depth. Position wise right now the system is depleted. Pitching is where there is surplus upwelling.

So trading any full time player makes little sense unless there is a ready replacement.

That is why I posted Bote. He is pretty much dominating AAA pitching and just needs a opertunity. Which there is nothing right now. Trading Russell does open up an opportunity for competition over 2B. Add to it it opens up more AB’s for Zobrist and LaStella at 2B.

As far as Happ is concerned I believe that he should get the same treatment that Baez and Schwarber did when they were spiking SO’s. Demote to get it together. There is no reason to let him struggle to get AB’s when he should be getting constant AB’s to work through his problems.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nobody is talking about trading away players for system depth, it will always turn to Kershaw, Harper, Machado, eventually Aaron Judge, Max Scherzer that's the whole point.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Nobody is talking about trading away players for system depth, it will always turn to Kershaw, Harper, Machado, eventually Aaron Judge, Max Scherzer that's the whole point.
It about winning now in this window of opportunity with Lester Quintana Darvish Rizzo..

DanTown

Liked Posts:
sign Bryant and Harper and then you basically just figure out the rest as time goes on. Rizzo won't be resigned so Harper then moves to first and you're basically plugging holes based on short term FA, draft picks, IFA, and trades.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
sign Bryant and Harper and then you basically just figure out the rest as time goes on. Rizzo won't be resigned so Harper then moves to first and you're basically plugging holes based on short term FA, draft picks, IFA, and trades.

Rizzo is unrestricted until 2022. Harper isn't going to play first. I'm keep him in the OF.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
why would you not just put a link to cots?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If it is me I’m thinking trading Russell. He has fell short and his pay will increase under Boras. Baez should become the everyday guy.

Then at 2B you have Bote upwelling and honestly with Zo, Happ and LaStella you can find line up configuration.

Have we noticed that Russell plays solid D with few errors? That's kind of a big deal.

No sizzle, but lots of steak.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Have we noticed that Russell plays solid D with few errors? That's kind of a big deal.

No sizzle, but lots of steak.

Notice his making over 3 mil with Boras as his agent. That will x2 if he produces the same. X3 if he up ticks.

Baez and Schwarber are going into A1. That is where you want to see increase