IST: White Sox vs Cubs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We're giving the Sox a lot of help.

2nd and 3rd, nobody out turned into nothing quickly.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs blew this sweep opportunity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Every pitch in that at-bat was a ball. Every fucking one. Bryant should be pissed.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Cubs blew this sweep opportunity

The game is not over. But the team played today like they didn't give a fuck.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You have to win games like this if you want to win the division.

We need some runs here. We have been sleepwalking all day.

Two men out on bases. All kinds of walks, HBP, wild pitches, and we sit here down two. Time to get those and more. Sox pen is terrible.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But, he was on base 5 times in a game once.

The last one was a borderline strike, but the others certainly weren’t.

He has batted .346 over last ten games, so I guess it wasn't just one game, as you clearly are implying.

There is no way that 2nd strike on Bryant was a swing. NFW.

And strike 3 was ridiculous.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
These guys are in a hurry to go home and be with wives and mothers today..

They dont care

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Not even fucking close to a swing there by Happ.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The state of umpiring in MLB is an embarrassment.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It is clear the cubs were happy with the recent homestead record (as they should be) and didn't give a flying fuck today. Very disappointing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Seven walks. Two HBP. Three WP's.

Ouch.

Oh, well. Can't win them all. But you sure should win three against a 9-win team.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was Russell doing on Happs gapper? It was clearly not going to be caught and Russell only went first to third. Abreu scored the next inning on almost the exact same hit by a White Sox player.

Contreras throw behind the runner with two out and two strikes was dumb baseball. No reason for that throw in that situation. Really changed the game

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What was Russell doing on Happs gapper? It was clearly not going to be caught and Russell only went first to third. Abreu scored the next inning on almost the exact same hit by a White Sox player.

Contreras throw behind the runner with two out and two strikes was dumb baseball. No reason for that throw in that situation. Really changed the game

Russell was behind Schwarber and had to be sure not to pass him. With no outs, stopping at third was not a bad move. It looks worse because his next move was a bad one.

Contreras' throw was not only unnecessary at the time, but way too nonchalant. And it turned out to be very costly.

This team is capable of great defense. But they really let a lot of outs slip away. That runner was on due to Russell rushing a little, and Rizzo seemed to stretch early and couldn't pick it, Not going to get on either of those guys too hard, as they are both every good defensively. It was just a play we're used to seeing them make.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Giving the White Sox 11 runs and a win should mean the front offices of the MLB should seriously consider contracting the Cubs :)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Maybe he was checking out some babes in the stands. All I was thinking was if Baez was running when Zobrist was thrown out of the plate, Javy would have gotten there in time.

dont know what Joe is doing with Javy, all 8 spots in the lineup, still having an MVP caliber season starting in may. His april will probably kill all chances, but for now, I just want him to stay at second base where he will get all star votes and challenge LeMaihiu not get tossed all around the field.

I have also heard Joe say many times that KB does not care where he plays on the field or where he is on the lineup, making him a dream of a player. Funny how we hear KB has said many times he loves hitting third.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
dont know what Joe is doing with Javy, all 8 spots in the lineup, still having an MVP caliber season starting in may. His april will probably kill all chances, but for now, I just want him to stay at second base where he will get all star votes and challenge LeMaihiu not get tossed all around the field.

Jesus Christ.

He is not having an "MVP-caliber season". There are 20 plays in the NL with a higher fWAR than him, including Schwarber and Bryant.

His Mar/Apr slash line was .280/.333/.630 with 7 HR & 26 RBI. His May slash line is .289/.282/.605 with 3 HR & 10 RBI. So tell me again how Maddon is, as you seem to be alluding to, "screwing him up" by playing him everywhere.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
he had an MVP caliber May.

Leads the league in RBI, second in the league in slugging, gold glove defense wherever he goes.

So you fuck with your stats to include april and may to be smarter than everybody, when I clearly wrote STARTING IN MAY.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
he had an MVP caliber May.

Leads the league in RBI, second in the league in slugging, gold glove defense wherever he goes.

He leads all NL 2B in errors with 5 and is the 46th-ranked NL 2B in terms of defensive value.

So you fuck with your stats to include april and may to be smarter than everybody, when I clearly wrote STARTING IN MAY.

Baez is 41st in the NL in fWAR since May 1st.