IST: Cubs @ Braves

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Sounds like there is internal debate on the 26th man on Saturday. Joe thinks Monty has earned the right to it. Others think Alozay in a piggyback game.

I honestly would give it to Underwood as a piggyback game. He has earned it the most.

Seeing as Monty pitched last night, a start on Saturday would be on three days' rest. Granted, he didn't pitch four-plus last night, but still, I sort of doubt he'll see a start only three days after last pitching.

I'd guess it will be Underwood or Alzolay. Doubtful we'd see Tseng start again this soon.

Anyone know who is actually starting for Iowa tonight? And who started last night? I'd guess either one would be out for Saturday, as well...

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
OK -- so, I'm not unhappy with Almora's CF defense. At all.

That catch will be in the year-end "Best of 2018" highlight reel.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Heyward is on the DL. If he were available I doubt you'd even see Happ play tonight. The comments about his arm were behind the idea of him seeing more than spot starts at a position. Just because a guy makes spots starts at a position doesn't mean he is good enough to play the position regularly. So, to say his arm is "fine" because he is making 1 start in RF is being ignorant of context. The last 2 seasons, Zobrist has been -9.4 UZR/150 and -9.1 and Maddon still plays him in RF because it's what he has to do to get him on the field.

If your argument is essentially saying why isn't Happ in CF rather than RF, my assumption there would be that he sees the kind of value Almora is right now in CF and doesn't want to mess with it. It also could be a field thing. Off the top of my head I don't know Atlanta's OF dimensions but if they have a bigger OF they may want Almora in CF because of that.

Either way, I don't really see the point because you can literally put anyone at any position for one game. That doesn't really determine that they are capable of playing the position well.
I'm not arguing anything..lol
You're making this into something it not..

My OP was just to point out ..
hey look who in RF today..
it Ian Happ, the guy I was told would NEVER play RF because he has a weak arm for RF..
When I was suggesting he'd be in RF and Almora in CF if they were to rest Heyward ..

That all , nothing more nothing less
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Seeing as Monty pitched last night, a start on Saturday would be on three days' rest. Granted, he didn't pitch four-plus last night, but still, I sort of doubt he'll see a start only three days after last pitching.

I'd guess it will be Underwood or Alzolay. Doubtful we'd see Tseng start again this soon.

Anyone know who is actually starting for Iowa tonight? And who started last night? I'd guess either one would be out for Saturday, as well...

9th Mills 6.2 IP
10th Ryan 5 IP
11th Underwood 6.2 IP
12th Farrell 3 IP
13th Wet grounds
14th DH: Alzolay 4.2 IP/ Tseng 5.1 IP
15th Mills
16th off
17th undetermined (Ryan's turn)
18th undetermined (Underwood's turn)
19th undetermined (Ferrell's turn)

Honestly they could just run Ferrell out on the 18th as he would be on 5 days then start Underwood on Sat then Alozay on Sunday. The speculation is Alzolay's 5th day is Sat and him and Tseng went back to back.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cy young McCarthy on the mound today

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Alzolay will start Saturday and Montgomery will follow if needed...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Alzolay will start Saturday and Montgomery will follow if needed...

what you want or do you have source?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Baez taking big hacks again on all 3 swings

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm not arguing anything..lol
You're making this into something it not..

My OP was just to point out ..
hey look who in RF today..
it Ian Happ, the guy I was told would NEVER play RF because he has a weak arm for RF..
When I was suggesting he'd be in RF and Almora in CF if they were to rest Heyward ..

That all , nothing more nothing less
Lol

Your hatred for Happ is transparent and you take every opportunity to rip Happ and prop up Almora. Be honest and just admit it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What i think will happen

It makes sense to keep Underwood on reg. for thurs. Friday use Ryan to space out the starters. Ferrell on Sat. The problem would be Alzolay on a 1 day short start. His regular day would be sunday. But you have to figure one of him and Tseng. IDK Tseng is more expendable right now honestly.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Metrics have him plus on range and below avg on arm. But even there is is based off who you read.

I really don’t think there is enough data on him out there to get past speculation.

You don't really need data. Look at what the team does with players. They will tell you what their scouts feel. Scouting on Happ's arm coming out and in the minors was basically a 50-55 grade. Prototypical RF arm are 60+. CF is usually 50+ though if you have good range you can get by with less. Anything else usually ends up in LF. It's the same reason Happ doesn't play 3B or SS basically at all despite being able to play 2B.

Ultimately, if they thought he was an average RF he wouldn't have moved to 2B in the minors and he likely would have been drafted higher to begin with. That was the biggest question on him coming out of the draft. People weren't sure where to play him. His arm and bat weren't prototypical RF. He wasn't as fast as most CF. And he wasn't experienced much at 2B. There was LF but teams really don't like making guys into LF that early because there's not much value there unless like Schwarber you have a potential monster bat. Scouting on him obviously was a decent bat but not MVP caliber.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Your hatred for Happ is transparent and you take every opportunity to rip Happ and prop up Almora. Be honest and just admit it

Coming from Schwarber's greatest hater?

Really?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You don't really need data. Look at what the team does with players. They will tell you what their scouts feel. Scouting on Happ's arm coming out and in the minors was basically a 50-55 grade. Prototypical RF arm are 60+. CF is usually 50+ though if you have good range you can get by with less. Anything else usually ends up in LF. It's the same reason Happ doesn't play 3B or SS basically at all despite being able to play 2B.

Ultimately, if they thought he was an average RF he wouldn't have moved to 2B in the minors and he likely would have been drafted higher to begin with. That was the biggest question on him coming out of the draft. People weren't sure where to play him. His arm and bat weren't prototypical RF. He wasn't as fast as most CF. And he wasn't experienced much at 2B. There was LF but teams really don't like making guys into LF that early because there's not much value there unless like Schwarber you have a potential monster bat. Scouting on him obviously was a decent bat but not MVP caliber.

I really don't get into Happ arguments because he is barely cutting it right now. If he was producing like last year then this would be a better topic vs just seeing him in on a sub day.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What the F#@$ are you talking about..

LMFAO..

where do you get any negative comment about Happ in what i wrote..

Wow.. go to bed

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I really don't get into Happ arguments because he is barely cutting it right now. If he was producing like last year then this would be a better topic vs just seeing him in on a sub day.

Not sure what there is to argue about here. I'm not making any statements about his bat. I'm simply saying why he isn't a regular RF. That's not really open for debate IMO. Like I said, anyone can play there a game or two. But when he's only seen 18 games started in RF out of 263 starts that tells you what the team thinks.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

LMFAO..

Wow.. go to bed

You were whining about Happ's arm. Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step in solving it

CSF77

Liked Posts:

LMFAO..

Wow.. go to bed

Lets see:

SilenceS: Loves Baez
Ommy: Happ
Beck: Almora
You..Fav of the month club
Me..Hating Rizz atm. Com on man.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It makes sense to keep Underwood on reg. for thurs. Friday use Ryan to space out the starters. Ferrell on Sat. The problem would be Alzolay on a 1 day short start. His regular day would be sunday. But you have to figure one of him and Tseng. IDK Tseng is more expendable right now honestly.
Alzolay pitched monday, so if he starts for the cubs on Saturday itll be on 4 days rest...

I'm sure theyll only expect 4 innings from him unless he doing well...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep. KB MVP Why hate. be great