Kris Bryant the contact hitter?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
His rookie year saw him strike out at a 30% rate. So far this year he has halved that and is at 15%. This has gone as a very underrated improvement and I think bodes well for hitting elite pitching in the playoffs.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
His rookie year saw him strike out at a 30% rate. So far this year he has halved that and is at 15%. This has gone as a very underrated improvement and I think bodes well for hitting elite pitching in the playoffs.

Awesome stat, however is only a small sample size this year.... hopefully he can maintain that for the remainder of the season.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Awesome stat, however is only a small sample size this year.... hopefully he can maintain that for the remainder of the season.

It's been incremental so I think you can trust it. He went from 30.6% in 2015 to 22.0%, 19.2% and 14.9% this year. It's impressive. I think if you had asked anyone what you would have wanted from his K rate for his career most would have been satisfied with 20%. The sign of a great player is taking your weaknesses and making them strengths, just look to Mike Trout fro the ultimate example, and KB has become a great player.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
It's been incremental so I think you can trust it. He went from 30.6% in 2015 to 22.0%, 19.2% and 14.9% this year. It's impressive. I think if you had asked anyone what you would have wanted from his K rate for his career most would have been satisfied with 20%. The sign of a great player is taking your weaknesses and making them strengths, just look to Mike Trout fro the ultimate example, and KB has become a great player.

Awesome.... he is also on pace for over 30 HRs this year as well, so his power has not taken a hit, either.